Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:01 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 1:24 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 442post #6616 of 1828312/12/13 at 9:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6617 of 1828312/12/13 at 9:34amThread Starterpost #6618 of 1828312/12/13 at 10:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Xtra
hoodog: the fabric is http://luxire.com/products/light-blue-bengal-stripes-100-2 (as it says on his blog).
Looks great, will probably get this in my next order.
I have this fabric too. It's one of my favourites. I find it sits somewhere in between a more typical width bengal stripe & a wider butcher stripe. Very nice indeed, and quite an unusual width/spacing compared to the standards either side.post #6619 of 1828312/12/13 at 10:53ampost #6620 of 1828312/12/13 at 11:09amQuote:
Do you have any more standard bengal stripes from Luxire? Going to be ordering one soon, trying to decide which fabric.post #6621 of 1828312/12/13 at 1:14pmpost #6622 of 1828312/12/13 at 1:45pmpost #6623 of 1828312/12/13 at 1:56pmQuote:
If it is not too much trouble, can you provide a fit pic of the NOBD unbuttoned? 90% of the time I am wearing dress shirts without a tie and was wondering how the NOBD would look. I am skeptical that it would frame the face in a way that makes it looks "fatter"post #6624 of 1828312/12/13 at 2:06pmQuote:
I too would like a full body shot of it if it is not too much trouble (face blur or whatever you wish).post #6625 of 1828312/12/13 at 2:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by aravenelQuote:
Do you have any more standard bengal stripes from Luxire? Going to be ordering one soon, trying to decide which fabric.
Not yet, it's one I keep an eye out for each time I order from them, but so far, no sign. I'm probably going to try this one: http://luxire.com/products/blue-dress-stripes at some point, though. The stripe looks to be a bit thin, but acceptable for a bengal, but ideally I'd want the white and blue stripes to be the same width. There's also this one: http://luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/indigo_bengal_stripes which has the right width & spacing, but the blue is too indigo for me (and I'm not sure white in between isn't actually a pale grey), so I'm not planning on trying it.post #6626 of 1828312/12/13 at 3:02pmQuote:
Here's mine from earlier in this thread.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #6627 of 1828312/12/13 at 3:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Not yet, it's one I keep an eye out for each time I order from them, but so far, no sign. I'm probably going to try this one: http://luxire.com/products/blue-dress-stripes at some point, though. The stripe looks to be a bit thin, but acceptable for a bengal, but ideally I'd want the white and blue stripes to be the same width. There's also this one: http://luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/indigo_bengal_stripes which has the right width & spacing, but the blue is too indigo for me (and I'm not sure white in between isn't actually a pale grey), so I'm not planning on trying it.
Thanks, quite helpful. Agree with both of your points--I prefer my stripes to be of equal width and the second one is too dark.
I feel like I'm missing something obvious, they have to have a "normal" bengal and dress stripe.post #6628 of 1828312/12/13 at 5:02pmpost #6629 of 1828312/12/13 at 5:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Most recent order came in today, clockwise from top right:
Blue Small Graph Checks, Steel Blue End-on-End, Easy-to-Iron Navy Graph Checks, Blue University Stripes Oxford, Red University Stripes Oxford, Blueish Green University Stripes Oxford
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These look great. I love university stripes. What kind of button down collar did you go with/specify? I'd be curious to see these with a tie.post #6630 of 1828312/12/13 at 7:02pmThanks AAS. I wasn't too specific with the BD collars, I just asked for a nice roll and sent them some pictures of collars I liked. They're pretty good at looking at pictures and then making something similar. I'm going to get these cleaned this weekend, and then next week I'll probably wear a tie with a few of them. I'll post some pics of how they look with a tie.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 45 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 53 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Austerity Boot, size 8.5, 804 last - meleze upper,... 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN... 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...