or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 424

post #6346 of 12286

I'm looking for a recommendation for a nice fabric for a white shirt that works well with suits. I want something moderately soft & fine, but also with some openness that lets it feel light & breathable rather than heavy/tight/dense. For those familiar with Alumo, something similar in feel & breathability to their Supraluxe range.

 

I quite like the look of this: http://custom.luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/fine-white-twill-2-140 but would be interested in something with less sheen than a twill, maybe a good broadcloth for example.

 

(No Oxfords, Royal Oxfords, Dobby, herringbone, panama, silk, lustrous, off-white, cream/ivory, etc, etc, options please; not what I'm after this time).

 

EDIT - which Alumo is this one, Luxire? http://custom.luxire.com/collections/whites/products/alumo-white-polin-2-120

post #6347 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheloniusDrunk View Post
 

Cross posting this to the Luxire thread because I'm not sure how frequently the peacoat thread is checked:

 

How long is the turnaround on a peacoat? If I were to order it today, would it come before the holiday season? 
 

Also, I was looking at the peacoat maker on your site and I was a little bit confused as to what cloth the thumbnails correspond to as well as what the different styles look like (I'm assuming the first thumbnail is the traditional US Navy styling, this is the Bond style, and the second to last thumbnail is the vintage). What about mixing the stylings found there, for example having a traditional US Navy Peacoat with the cuff strap from the traditional styling? Finally, as a taller person with a little more room to work with, would it be possible to get an 8-10 button peacoat? 

 

Turnaround seems to be very hit and miss on everything unless you are replicating one of your existing patterns. I placed my 3rd order a month ago today and have yet to get the shipping notice. I'd assume you'll be waiting at least a month.

post #6348 of 12286

It's also quick if you specify an order without any custom mods. My first shirt took 9 days from order to delivery.

post #6349 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

Luxire Custom Made Selvedge jeans: They are good!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Looks good, but does the waistband tend to stretch?

post #6350 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayhill View Post
 

 

Looks good, but does the waistband tend to stretch?

Most raw denim jeans, even the high-end Japanese brands, stretch a little bit in the waist. So, I think it will be the same for Luxire jeans.

post #6351 of 12286

Trousers Order - Dugdale Cotton, Dark Khaki

Ordered Nov 5, credit card charged Nov 7 (+2), shipped Nov 23 (+18), arrived Nov 25 (+20). Quick turnaround. 

 

Fabric is a nice cotton twill. Quality is good as expected, and this time I specified less bells and whistles and the whole garment looks a lot cleaner.

 

However, 3/5 of the custom requirements (the major ones) were not fulfilled. This includes side-adjuster waist band, extended tab closures, amongst other things.

 

I have emailed Luxire and I hope this will be rectified soon.

post #6352 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayhill View Post
 

 

Looks good, but does the waistband tend to stretch?

 

Check this post: http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/6300#post_6749222

 

Luxire says; 

Quote:

Got a few jeans washed for complete shrinkage.  Results as below:

 

Selvedge:

  • Expect 1.0" shrinkage in length, 0.25" in waist, hips. Adjust measurements accordingly.

 

Signature Jeans:

  • Expect 1.5" shrinkage in length, 0.5" in waist, hips. Adjust measurements accordingly.
post #6353 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra View Post
 

 

Check this post: http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/6300#post_6749222

 

Luxire says; 

 

Yeah I saw that, but in my experience jeans stretch rather than shrink and some selvage jeans stretch a lot in the waistband. I've bought 32s that end up more like 34s or 36s after only a few wears.

post #6354 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayhill View Post
 

 

Yeah I saw that, but in my experience jeans stretch rather than shrink and some selvage jeans stretch a lot in the waistband. I've bought 32s that end up more like 34s or 36s after only a few wears.

 

Fair enough. I own two pairs of the selvedge denim by Luxire. They've stretched a bit, but not by much imo. I would guess that they've stretched some in the waistband, but it's hard to estimate a measurement.

post #6355 of 12286

My first two Luxire shirts. I would say the 5-week wait paid off really well because they came out much better than I expected. I tried to be creative and went for 2-button collar. I just have one question. What is the end section of the placket, where it meets the collar called? I would prefer it to be curved, not squared to match my shirt cuffs. Maybe I can specify it in my next order. Overall very satisfied!
post #6356 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

I'm looking for a recommendation for a nice fabric for a white shirt that works well with suits. I want something moderately soft & fine, but also with some openness that lets it feel light & breathable rather than heavy/tight/dense. For those familiar with Alumo, something similar in feel & breathability to their Supraluxe range.

I quite like the look of this: http://custom.luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/fine-white-twill-2-140 but would be interested in something with less sheen than a twill, maybe a good broadcloth for example.

(No Oxfords, Royal Oxfords, Dobby, herringbone, panama, silk, lustrous, off-white, cream/ivory, etc, etc, options please; not what I'm after this time).

EDIT - which Alumo is this one, Luxire? http://custom.luxire.com/collections/whites/products/alumo-white-polin-2-120


I've had the same question recently. There are several people recently who used the lustrous fine white and seem to be enjoying it. And I share your concern about the twills being too shiny - I generally like twill, but the twill I am used to doesn't have the problem that my Luxire twills seem to.

That being said, I am going to try some of the poplin options first and work my way around. I don't need many white shirts, but a few are worthwhile.

Looking at this one in particular: http://luxire.com/collections/whites/products/monti-white-poplin-2-120
post #6357 of 12286
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayhill View Post

Yeah I saw that, but in my experience jeans stretch rather than shrink and some selvage jeans stretch a lot in the waistband. I've bought 32s that end up more like 34s or 36s after only a few wears.
They tend to do both, no?: shrink in the wash and stretch w/ wear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doan Tu Thanh View Post


My first two Luxire shirts. I would say the 5-week wait paid off really well because they came out much better than I expected. I tried to be creative and went for 2-button collar. I just have one question. What is the end section of the placket, where it meets the collar called? I would prefer it to be curved, not squared to match my shirt cuffs. Maybe I can specify it in my next order. Overall very satisfied!
My first couple shirts had the squared off collar band, and I requested round from then on. Wasn't a problem.
post #6358 of 12286
So my shirt came in yesterday (turnaroundtime is insanely fast for me, under 2 weeks).
It is really nice, here is a quick shot of the BD-collar
post #6359 of 12286

Looks great, timo! What lining did you use and would you mind sharing the order number?

post #6360 of 12286
# is 4840. it has a very very light lining.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread