Luxire is waiting for a restock of the fabric, which has caused my order to be delayed for several weeks already, but Theresa told me so when I wrote her an email.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:17 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 414
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6197 of 2160311/19/13 at 11:03ampost #6198 of 2160311/19/13 at 12:56pmpost #6199 of 2160311/19/13 at 1:13pmpost #6200 of 2160311/19/13 at 2:29pmpost #6201 of 2160311/19/13 at 5:07pmpost #6202 of 2160311/19/13 at 5:58pmThread Starterpost #6203 of 2160311/19/13 at 6:38pmpost #6204 of 2160311/19/13 at 6:45pmpost #6205 of 2160311/19/13 at 7:49pmMy orders were shipped pretty quickly. Placed one on the 11th and another on the 13th for a total of five shirts, got shipping confirmation on 16th (they were actually picked up on Monday, 18th).
I forgot to specify unfused collars and cuffs for my first order of two shirts, and only remembered a day after. It was too late since the collars and cuffs were already fused by then, but I requested extra fabric so I could get unfused collars and cuffs made locally, which Luxire graciously included.
Their process is extremely speedy, I find, with a straightforward order of shirts only. Any remaking or alteration seriously messes up the chain and results in a lot of downtime, which I think is what's occurring to people sending in shirts for remaking.
I have a feeling that alterations and remakes are not processes that are directly integrated in their supply chain. For good reason anyway -- alterations and remakes don't generate revenue.
I should be receiving the shirts sometime this week and I'll report back then. I hope I don't get hit by duties.post #6206 of 2160311/19/13 at 8:38pmpost #6207 of 2160311/19/13 at 10:06pm
So, not sure if I am just having bad luck or if this is a problem with the production of luxire shirts. I finally got a shirt to work out for me, once I saw that it was good to go I ordered up 3 more shirts with the only change being a very small tweek to the collar. I got the shirts in today was all excited, put one and notice the fit of the shirt was not the same. It is pulling over the yolk of the shirt and I feel some movement restriction when I try and raise my arms above 90 degrees.
Here is a picture of the problem, I am a bit disappointed because this was not there on the last shirt that I ordered and this is an issue on all 3 of the shirts I got today.post #6208 of 2160311/19/13 at 10:36pm
Luxire, two things
1. I have been a happy customer since I started ordering but man this soft blue herringbone shirt is fantastic. Nailed the fit, and this material is awesome especially for the price, having a stylegasm trying it on. Anyone who doesn't have this in their wardrobe needs to be sent to the vogue forums or something.
2. I think the person who is in charge of the collar stays might need a vacation...instead of the nice black collar stay holders I got a whole bunch of assorted ones just thrown in. Now Im not complaining - the more collar stays the merrier - but it came across as frustrated and im just thinking her or she could do with an afternoon off or something :ppost #6209 of 2160311/19/13 at 10:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
2. I think the person who is in charge of the collar stays might need a vacation...instead of the nice black collar stay holders I got a whole bunch of assorted ones just thrown in. Now Im not complaining - the more collar stays the merrier - but it came across as frustrated and im just thinking her or she could do with an afternoon off or something :p
Ya, I found this as well when I got my shirts today, they were not even in the box, just rattling around the shipping bag. I zip lock bag would have made this much cleaner looking if they holders are costing too much.post #6210 of 2160311/19/13 at 11:10pmQuote:
It is not holders, it is the shipping charges which increase by weight or by dimensions which restrict most of the companies shipping out of US to avoid such necessities.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 48 seconds ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?