Luxire is waiting for a restock of the fabric, which has caused my order to be delayed for several weeks already, but Theresa told me so when I wrote her an email.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:50 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt, megacowl shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:43 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 414
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6197 of 1688011/19/13 at 11:03ampost #6198 of 1688011/19/13 at 12:56pmpost #6199 of 1688011/19/13 at 1:13pmpost #6200 of 1688011/19/13 at 2:29pmpost #6201 of 1688011/19/13 at 5:07pmpost #6202 of 1688011/19/13 at 5:58pmThread Starterpost #6203 of 1688011/19/13 at 6:38pmpost #6204 of 1688011/19/13 at 6:45pmpost #6205 of 1688011/19/13 at 7:49pmMy orders were shipped pretty quickly. Placed one on the 11th and another on the 13th for a total of five shirts, got shipping confirmation on 16th (they were actually picked up on Monday, 18th).
I forgot to specify unfused collars and cuffs for my first order of two shirts, and only remembered a day after. It was too late since the collars and cuffs were already fused by then, but I requested extra fabric so I could get unfused collars and cuffs made locally, which Luxire graciously included.
Their process is extremely speedy, I find, with a straightforward order of shirts only. Any remaking or alteration seriously messes up the chain and results in a lot of downtime, which I think is what's occurring to people sending in shirts for remaking.
I have a feeling that alterations and remakes are not processes that are directly integrated in their supply chain. For good reason anyway -- alterations and remakes don't generate revenue.
I should be receiving the shirts sometime this week and I'll report back then. I hope I don't get hit by duties.post #6206 of 1688011/19/13 at 8:38pmpost #6207 of 1688011/19/13 at 10:06pm
So, not sure if I am just having bad luck or if this is a problem with the production of luxire shirts. I finally got a shirt to work out for me, once I saw that it was good to go I ordered up 3 more shirts with the only change being a very small tweek to the collar. I got the shirts in today was all excited, put one and notice the fit of the shirt was not the same. It is pulling over the yolk of the shirt and I feel some movement restriction when I try and raise my arms above 90 degrees.
Here is a picture of the problem, I am a bit disappointed because this was not there on the last shirt that I ordered and this is an issue on all 3 of the shirts I got today.post #6208 of 1688011/19/13 at 10:36pm
Luxire, two things
1. I have been a happy customer since I started ordering but man this soft blue herringbone shirt is fantastic. Nailed the fit, and this material is awesome especially for the price, having a stylegasm trying it on. Anyone who doesn't have this in their wardrobe needs to be sent to the vogue forums or something.
2. I think the person who is in charge of the collar stays might need a vacation...instead of the nice black collar stay holders I got a whole bunch of assorted ones just thrown in. Now Im not complaining - the more collar stays the merrier - but it came across as frustrated and im just thinking her or she could do with an afternoon off or something :ppost #6209 of 1688011/19/13 at 10:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
2. I think the person who is in charge of the collar stays might need a vacation...instead of the nice black collar stay holders I got a whole bunch of assorted ones just thrown in. Now Im not complaining - the more collar stays the merrier - but it came across as frustrated and im just thinking her or she could do with an afternoon off or something :p
Ya, I found this as well when I got my shirts today, they were not even in the box, just rattling around the shipping bag. I zip lock bag would have made this much cleaner looking if they holders are costing too much.post #6210 of 1688011/19/13 at 11:10pmQuote:
It is not holders, it is the shipping charges which increase by weight or by dimensions which restrict most of the companies shipping out of US to avoid such necessities.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 7 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 14 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 18 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto... 2 minutes ago
- › Europe trip 3 minutes ago
- › Disney Buys Lucasfilm For $4 Billion! STAR WARS EPISODE VII... 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan