or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 411

post #6151 of 9848
I submitted my order immediately after luxire posted their holidays were over and would be turning orders around quickly. So I am not surprised, but I am pleased.
post #6152 of 9848
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrifter View Post

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that they save CAD files for each order and print them out as necessary.


No CAD files saved. Paper patterns are saved with your name and order details written on them. Most Patterns are made by hand and only a few are made using CAD software.

post #6153 of 9848
Luxire, if you are partly using CAD to create patterns, would you be able to work with templates like the following one which clapeyron created?
post #6154 of 9848
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Luxire, if you are partly using CAD to create patterns, would you be able to work with templates like the following one which clapeyron created?

 

Any reason why this cannot be followed with paper pattern making?

post #6155 of 9848

I'd love to have the ability of selecting a pre-existing and confirmed well fitting pattern via a drop down menu when selecting fabrics. For instance I think I have my casual chino pattern nailed down and am currently working with you on the pattern for dress slacks and shirts. It would be great if I could select the basic measurements or maybe even the style of the trousers or shirts this way since I think many of us will reorder the same product in a different variation.


Example: I am ordering a dugdale flannel and I want it to fit like a previously ordered flannel trouser, I simply click "dress slacks" and add the changes to the requirements box.


Essentially I'd like to have a way of organising my patterns virtually. Not necessarily as visible patterns but in a way that I could select an ordered item and set it as 'keep measurements pattern under "chino - casual" or "shirt-business"'. For now I handle this by strenuously typing everything out "use measurement from order #4400 and add cuffs etc." which I assume not only takes quite some time for me but also the guy that has to make sense of my gibberish and translate it.

 

 

I really enjoy seeing how much your operation has improved and I am looking forward to the changes you have planned for 2014.

post #6156 of 9848
Not at all, tailors just like engineers have created paper based sketches since decades, right?
My question was aiming at the fact that from my experience a lot of people are not familiar with and thus unable to properly read CAD sketches.
From your reply I take your tailors are trained to easily execute CAD sketches into paper patterns, correct?
post #6157 of 9848
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post
 

I'd love to have the ability of selecting a pre-existing and confirmed well fitting pattern via a drop down menu when selecting fabrics. For instance I think I have my casual chino pattern nailed down and am currently working with you on the pattern for dress slacks and shirts. It would be great if I could select the basic measurements or maybe even the style of the trousers or shirts this way since I think many of us will reorder the same product in a different variation.


Example: I am ordering a dugdale flannel and I want it to fit like a previously ordered flannel trouser, I simply click "dress slacks" and add the changes to the requirements box.


Essentially I'd like to have a way of organising my patterns virtually. Not necessarily as visible patterns but in a way that I could select an ordered item and set it as 'keep measurements pattern under "chino - casual" or "shirt-business"'. For now I handle this by strenuously typing everything out "use measurement from order #4400 and add cuffs etc." which I assume not only takes quite some time for me but also the guy that has to make sense of my gibberish and translate it.

 

 

I really enjoy seeing how much your operation has improved and I am looking forward to the changes you have planned for 2014.

 

You can still do that, but, through a human interface. Some customers do ask us to create different patterns for each product/sub-product type and name them accordingly. They then refer to the patterns by name and we use the one requested.

 

Having all this automated and seamless would be nice though.  Some of these features will be available to customers as part of the new website. The integration at the studio is something we need to think a bit more about.

post #6158 of 9848
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Not at all, tailors just like engineers have created paper based sketches since decades, right?
My question was aiming at the fact that from my experience a lot of people are not familiar with and thus unable to properly read CAD sketches.
From your reply I take your tailors are trained to easily execute CAD sketches into paper patterns, correct?

 

Am sure we can work with it.

post #6159 of 9848

Thanks for the explanations, Luxire. That makes a lot of sense and means that reordering a previous order without modifications should be the quickest and easiest for you, thus resulting in a faster delivery for us.

post #6160 of 9848
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

 

You can still do that, but, through a human interface. Some customers do ask us to create different patterns for each product/sub-product type and name them accordingly. They then refer to the patterns by name and we use the one requested.

 

Having all this automated and seamless would be nice though.  Some of these features will be available to customers as part of the new website. The integration at the studio is something we need to think a bit more about.

I've done this for my last order which is due to arrive in the next 3 days or so will give feedback on accuracy.

post #6161 of 9848

anyone have experience with luxire's cashmere scarf?  how do they compare with drake's london scarves and burberry scarves?  thanks!

 

http://luxire.com/collections/accessories/scarf

post #6162 of 9848
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

I'd love to have the ability of selecting a pre-existing and confirmed well fitting pattern via a drop down menu when selecting fabrics. For instance I think I have my casual chino pattern nailed down and am currently working with you on the pattern for dress slacks and shirts. It would be great if I could select the basic measurements or maybe even the style of the trousers or shirts this way since I think many of us will reorder the same product in a different variation.


Example: I am ordering a dugdale flannel and I want it to fit like a previously ordered flannel trouser, I simply click "dress slacks" and add the changes to the requirements box.


Essentially I'd like to have a way of organising my patterns virtually. Not necessarily as visible patterns but in a way that I could select an ordered item and set it as 'keep measurements pattern under "chino - casual" or "shirt-business"'. For now I handle this by strenuously typing everything out "use measurement from order #4400 and add cuffs etc." which I assume not only takes quite some time for me but also the guy that has to make sense of my gibberish and translate it.


I really enjoy seeing how much your operation has improved and I am looking forward to the changes you have planned for 2014.

Strenuously? Just copy and paste from an old order. Not that hard.
post #6163 of 9848

Strenuously...:lol:

 

All I do is filter my emails for "Luxire" and then use order numbers from there. Very strenuous indeed.

post #6164 of 9848

Hey,

 

received my shirt and the collar is great. 

 

Only thing... the button hole on the left placket is missing. :D 

I am wondering if I missed that one when I received it the first time (although I am pretty sure... but I received more then one shirt) or if the remade thee hole shirt.

The price for the small gingham fabric went up 10$, so maybe they didn't had the original fabric any more and had to remake the entire shirt. Although it looks very similar to me (compared to the contrast lining in my white oxford, which is the same).

 

Let's see how we can solve that. I would like to avoid sending it back a second time.

(Update: Theresa answered within a few minutes. We agreed on getting it fixed locally and a reimbursement) 

 

But the fabric is great, as is the shirt!

 

Cheers,

 

Erik


Edited by ErikMil - 11/18/13 at 8:11am
post #6165 of 9848
7Xo3oMc.jpg


And denim swatches (if people are interested, I'll take better pics when I have sun again smile.gif):

QpTFwBf.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread