or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 406

post #6076 of 12779
Timo, what fabric is your shirt made of?
post #6077 of 12779

Looks like blue dress stripes albini.

post #6078 of 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Timo, what fabric is your shirt made of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpo View Post

Looks like blue dress stripes albini.

yep
post #6079 of 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

Prices best discussed on email as there can be a lot of options. Will send you a PM to get started.

 

Sent you an email regarding the coat!

post #6080 of 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by jko View Post

I have a shirt in the pinpoint oxford, and it looks like Beatlegeuse's remake. Looks to me like you two got the regular oxford instead.

I also have a swatch of Luxire's blue royal oxford and it is the same fabric as the pinpoint oxford.
My pinpoint Oxford also looks like the remake, but it's no big deal. Ordering online without swatches is like the luck of the draw.
post #6081 of 12779
Thread Starter 

Vintage Style Peacoat in  Wool

 

post #6082 of 12779
Thread Starter 

The Best Gifts This Holiday Season are here: Luxire 2014 Leather Wallets

 

Made from the best Italian leather

 

post #6083 of 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post

I actually just wore my shirt in this fabric today, so I can weigh in. I'd say it looks closer to the fabric in your first picture - truth be told, when I got it I thought maybe I was sent the regular Oxford instead of the pinpoint. In my experience pinpoint is usually quite a lot finer, whereas this is relatively coarse. Either way though, I like the fabric a lot, I'm just not sure what it actually is. I feel like it would be helpful for them to list fabric weights for all fabrics, to reduce the likelihood of having fabrics be substantially lighter or heavier than expected. I had the opposite issue with the green stripe oxford, as it was a bit lighter than I was anticipating. Again, I do like the fabric, but it's not as beefy as I thought it would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jko View Post

I have a shirt in the pinpoint oxford, and it looks like Beatlegeuse's remake. Looks to me like you two got the regular oxford instead.

I also have a swatch of Luxire's blue royal oxford and it is the same fabric as the pinpoint oxford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

My pinpoint Oxford also looks like the remake, but it's no big deal. Ordering online without swatches is like the luck of the draw.

Luxire just responded and the remake is the correct fabric. The first one was probably the classic blue oxford. So, they essentially just made my shirt from the incorrect fabric the first time, and I ordered the remake based on that fabric. If I would have known, I would have just asked for the classic blue oxford fabric on the remake. They offered to remake it again, but the shirt fits so I'm just going to keep it, and I'll get the blue oxford on my next order.
post #6084 of 12779
Looks like I will order the classic blue oxford. It seems to get good feedback.
post #6085 of 12779
Thread Starter 

Having some fun in our studio today, made this denim chambray wabash tie:

 

post #6086 of 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post

Looks like I will order the classic blue oxford. It seems to get good feedback.


It is a sturdy fabric without being too stiff. Classic oxford indeed.

A question to everyone: Any suggestions about light blue and white fabrics? I want to avoid the sheen and see through of some poplins but not move to a visible patterned texture (although, twill might be an option).

post #6087 of 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

Having some fun in our studio today, made this denim chambray wabash tie:

 

Hmm, I think I recognize that jacket - if it is what I think it is, I'm very excited to receive it!

post #6088 of 12779
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post
 

Hmm, I think I recognize that jacket - if it is what I think it is, I'm very excited to receive it!

 

Nice catch! Just awaiting finishing. Will go out this week.

 

Good choice of fabric, looks amazing.

post #6089 of 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

The Best Gifts This Holiday Season are here: Luxire 2014 Leather Wallets

 

Made from the best Italian leather

 

 

This is something I really would like, however do you have anything a bit slimmer.  I have been trying to get a bill fold with 6 card slots and 1 cash slot to make it a very slim wallet.

post #6090 of 12779
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post

Hmm, I think I recognize that jacket - if it is what I think it is, I'm very excited to receive it!
Beautiful jacket. I've been wanting one like that for a while! Might even get a suit in it. Would look its best 20-30 years from now when it and I have had a lot of wear.

Which fabric is it if you don't mind my asking? Perfect color and wale width. Canvased or uncanvased?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread