or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 41

post #601 of 12414
It is a bit expensive. When it's layered twice it's all-but waterproof. That said, it breathes very well. There was actually some discussion of it in the Unfunded Liabilities thread yesterday.
post #602 of 12414
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirtGod View Post

Just received my Sky Blue Micro Herringbone and Luxurious White from Luxire.  Sadly, there are multiple problems and am hopefully that Luxire will correct this.  And I haven't even tried them on yet...cry.gif  is anyone else having these issues??  i'm getting worried that the deal may be too good to be true and i'll have to go back to Proper Cloth.  

 

1.  The collars on both shirts are stained with a blue dot -- see attached photo.  

2.  The white collar on the shirt shirt is a different color white than the rest of the shirt.  This makes the shirt unwearable.  

3.  The monogram looks awful -- see attached photo.

4.  I ordered on Cyber Monday and asked for the collar stay package... they sent a pink gingham pocket square.  

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

New Image3.JPG 116k .JPG file

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

 

I had the same issues 1. and 3.

post #603 of 12414
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux View Post

 

I had the same issues 1. and 3.

 

The blue dot is from the water pen we use for marking crucial items while making. It is a cleaner option compared to chalk.

 

The dots vanish on contact with water. We do it before packing but some seem to be getting missed. Will review the process.

 

 

Monograms: For their romanticism, everytime we revert to handmade monograms, we get such issues. We have thus switched to machine-made again for now.

post #604 of 12414
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

It is a bit expensive. When it's layered twice it's all-but waterproof. That said, it breathes very well. There was actually some discussion of it in the Unfunded Liabilities thread yesterday.


Interesting. Would go for it depending on the price then. May experiment with the light weight synthetics before moving up to more premium fibers.

post #605 of 12414
The best stuff I have for waterproof fabrics for non-field gear is my Ten C jacket which is made out of some sort of synthetic material. Supposedly it is the same stuff that the canopies on convertible Bentleys are made out of.
post #606 of 12414
Thread Starter 

Inspired by James Bond in SkyFall, Add a monogrammed, custom made, hand-rolled pocket-square in the same fabric as your shirt, of the size of your choice for only $29.99

 

 

 

post #607 of 12414
Thread Starter 

Luxire introduces Body Measurements.

 

Your first shirt could never fit better.
 

 

700

700

 

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #608 of 12414
Those diagrams are great - should be the perfect tool for someone looking to get their first MTM shirt
post #609 of 12414
Having people do their own body measurements is risky.
post #610 of 12414
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post

Having people do their own body measurements is risky.


Agree.

We thus suggest that measurements are best done by a companion.

 

Over and above that, our fit guarantee covers the buyer even if he makes a mistake in taking the measurements.

post #611 of 12414
Small picture of this years quilted jacket by Boggi
post #612 of 12414
I'd sort of like to take some body measurements of myself and find out what shirt measurements they would correspond to in the MTM program, so I can compare them to the shirt measurements I have been supplying myself.
post #613 of 12414
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prozach1576 View Post

I'd sort of like to take some body measurements of myself and find out what shirt measurements they would correspond to in the MTM program, so I can compare them to the shirt measurements I have been supplying myself.


Yes, that would be a good idea.

 

If you email the body measurements, I could mail  back the corresponding shirt measurements.

post #614 of 12414

Got my Cyber Monday order in.  It is amazing how fast a package can travel from India.  Fascinating to watch the FedEx tracking.

 

As far as the package contents, I am not quite thrilled.  But the upside first.  Fit and finish are good.  Sizing seems according to my measurements.  The "Lustrous Fine White" seems to be a nice fabric, especially for the price point. 

 

Complaints:

 

1) Black Friday/Cyber Monday promo was B.S.  Got a blue and red check pocket square.  Looks like it was made from remnants.  Not remotely related to either shirt I ordered.  Did anyone actually get the collar stays?

 

2) Buttons.  I am a big guy with a big shirt.  These are the smallest buttons I have ever seen on a shirt.  They are also concave and relatively uncomfortable to manipulate.  I will try to live with them but may be a deal breaker.

 

3) Fabric. White shirt was good.  Blue shirt is far darker than the website shows. Far too dark for a dress shirt.  Might be ok for a sport shirt.  Really makes me distrust any shading that I see on the site.

 

700

 

Fabric as on the website:

 

700

 

Am I crazy or is that a ridiculous difference?  I will probably keep it.  Just not thrilled with the idea of shipping it all the way back to India. 

 

I have ordered MTM from several vendors, and none are perfect.  I had high hopes for Luxire's product.  As of right now I am not so sure if I will order again.

post #615 of 12414
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingbear View Post

Got my Cyber Monday order in.  It is amazing how fast a package can travel from India.  Fascinating to watch the FedEx tracking.

 

As far as the package contents, I am not quite thrilled.  But the upside first.  Fit and finish are good.  Sizing seems according to my measurements.  The "Lustrous Fine White" seems to be a nice fabric, especially for the price point. 

 

Complaints:

 

1) Black Friday/Cyber Monday promo was B.S.  Got a blue and red check pocket square.  Looks like it was made from remnants.  Not remotely related to either shirt I ordered.  Did anyone actually get the collar stays?

 

2) Buttons.  I am a big guy with a big shirt.  These are the smallest buttons I have ever seen on a shirt.  They are also concave and relatively uncomfortable to manipulate.  I will try to live with them but may be a deal breaker.

 

3) Fabric. White shirt was good.  Blue shirt is far darker than the website shows. Far too dark for a dress shirt.  Might be ok for a sport shirt.  Really makes me distrust any shading that I see on the site.

 

700

 

Fabric as on the website:

 

700

 

Am I crazy or is that a ridiculous difference?  I will probably keep it.  Just not thrilled with the idea of shipping it all the way back to India. 

 

I have ordered MTM from several vendors, and none are perfect.  I had high hopes for Luxire's product.  As of right now I am not so sure if I will order again.

 

As any tailor would be able to tell you, there cannot be a 13x13 square as a remnant from making a shirt. The squares are cut fresh from a roll and made. It shouldn't make a difference either way. We sell the same pattern on our website too here.

 

Our buttons are of a standard size and not changed as per the size of the shirt.

 

The blue fabric has some amount of sheen on it. Try photographing it in sunlight and you would get a similar shade as in the image.

Having said that, will still review the images of this fabric and see if the color appearance can be made better.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread