or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 392

post #5866 of 13296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garasaki View Post
 

So whats the scope on ordering swatches?  Is there a cost to that?  Is there a place to do it through the website?

 

1$ pr. swatch, order them here: http://luxire.com/products/additional-service

 

Enter the correct amount and say what swatches you want in the note-section of the order. 

post #5867 of 13296
Just a warning that when you order swatches, you pay for all the ones you list in the notes section, whether they are actually available or not. Then if they are not mailed to you due to their unavailabilty, you will get a code for a credit towards your next order. With my 2nd order I listed about 70 swatches I wanted and got less than 50. So now I have a credit I'll need to apply to my next order to make up the difference of the missing swatches.
post #5868 of 13296

Just wanted to report the timeline of my latest (current) order.

 

Ordered on October 12th

Credit card charged on October 18th

Shipping notification on October 30th

post #5869 of 13296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra View Post
 

 

1$ pr. swatch, order them here: http://luxire.com/products/additional-service

 

Enter the correct amount and say what swatches you want in the note-section of the order.

Does that have to be bundled with a current order?

post #5870 of 13296
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayfrenzy View Post

Just wanted to report the timeline of my latest (current) order.

Ordered on October 12th
Credit card charged on October 18th
Shipping notification on October 30th

I am envious of your timeline...
post #5871 of 13296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garasaki View Post
 

Does that have to be bundled with a current order?

 

I think you can order it by itself, but shipping (if not going the express option) is very slow. I've bundled them with other orders and that has worked nicely.

post #5872 of 13296
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayfrenzy View Post
 

Just wanted to report the timeline of my latest (current) order.

 

Ordered on October 12th

Credit card charged on October 18th

Shipping notification on October 30th

 

That's fun.

 

Ordered October 4th

Status as of now, October 30th: unfulfilled.

post #5873 of 13296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontilado View Post
 

 

That's fun.

 

Ordered October 4th

Status as of now, October 30th: unfulfilled.

 

Perhaps I should also explain that this was just a repeat order of a single shirt which is already on file.

post #5874 of 13296
I was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to how I could improve the fit of my next shirt from Luxire. I've included pics of my most recent. I continue to have creasing in the upper arms near the shoulder as well as in the back behind my shoulders.

These pictures were right out of the box, so there are some excess wrinkles from shipping. Hoping for some advice on what I can change in the future.

Thanks much!


post #5875 of 13296

For the excess material on the back you can get darts. Decrease the biceps measurement for less puffy sleeves. Not sure about the cuffs, but they might be a bit wide (if you can fit more than a finger in between cuff and arm).

 

Which fabric is this btw?

post #5876 of 13296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontilado View Post

That's fun.

Ordered October 4th
Status as of now, October 30th: unfulfilled.

Yikes.

Ordered Oct. 18th
Shipped Oct. 28th
Arrived...today, Oct. 30th. Fastest delivery yet.

Basically ordered a copy of my last order, because I need blue shirts.
post #5877 of 13296
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclipper View Post

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to how I could improve the fit of my next shirt from Luxire. I've included pics of my most recent. I continue to have creasing in the upper arms near the shoulder as well as in the back behind my shoulders.

These pictures were right out of the box, so there are some excess wrinkles from shipping. Hoping for some advice on what I can change in the future.

Thanks much!
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I think much of the creasing of that type is caused by the angle at which the sleeves are attached to the shirt.  I have one Luxire shirt and the sleeves are attached pretty much at a right angle.  If you hold your arms out like a T the shoulders should stay in place.  The drawback is when you keep you arms at your side, the fabric around the armpit has to wrinkle.  If they attach the sleeves at an angle, the shoulders will buckle rise upward when your hold your arms out like a T, but it will look cleaner when you have your arms at your side.  Additionally, it sometimes causes tightness around the chest when you lift your arms.  I imagine everyone has an optimal angle.  I'm not sure what mine is yet.  

post #5878 of 13296
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

I think much of the creasing of that type is caused by the angle at which the sleeves are attached to the shirt.  I have one Luxire shirt and the sleeves are attached pretty much at a right angle.  If you hold your arms out like a T the shoulders should stay in place.  The drawback is when you keep you arms at your side, the fabric around the armpit has to wrinkle.  If they attach the sleeves at an angle, the shoulders will buckle rise upward when your hold your arms out like a T, but it will look cleaner when you have your arms at your side.  Additionally, it sometimes causes tightness around the chest when you lift your arms.  I imagine everyone has an optimal angle.  I'm not sure what mine is yet.  

Is this angle something that can be specified on order?
post #5879 of 13296

Had to get my Luxire pants tailored locally, but I like the result:

 

post #5880 of 13296
Thread Starter 

Wool lined scarf - Hand made

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread