Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:06 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 385post #5761 of 2297210/25/13 at 9:57amI have 10+ Jantzen shirts and only one from Luxire. Jantzen fabrics are very hit and miss - I won't wear half the shirts I have because the fabric is just too poor quality or has some wacky feature (e.g. their "french" oxfords are very dated). The finish on Jantzen is okay and seems to hold up but I would take Luxire every time over Jantzen if that was my only choice. The finish on Luxire is, in my opinion, significantly better.post #5762 of 2297210/25/13 at 12:45pm
Hi I made another thread about this, but I'm not getting any answers, so I'll try here:
I want to try out Luxire and I was thinking a white, french-cuff shirt that I want to use for weddings, Christmas and formal occasions. Should such a shirt have pleats and/or a placket? I understand that less detail equals more formality, but I've seen several variations on formal shirts regarding plackets and pleats. So what would be the "correct" setup for a formal shirt like this?
Thanks in advance!post #5763 of 2297210/25/13 at 1:41pmpost #5764 of 2297210/25/13 at 3:44pmpost #5765 of 2297210/25/13 at 5:20pmpost #5766 of 2297210/25/13 at 5:27pmpost #5767 of 2297210/25/13 at 7:47pmpost #5768 of 2297210/25/13 at 7:59pmQuote:
Placed mine on the 6th, have not been successful with order update requests.
At this point I doubt I will pursue a complicated custom jacket project, but continue to simply order shirts.post #5769 of 2297210/25/13 at 8:00pmThread Starterpost #5770 of 2297210/26/13 at 6:23amQuote:Quote:
Back in September. Took a hair over a month.post #5771 of 2297210/26/13 at 6:25amQuote:
I ordered pants and two shirts on October 10th, and they shipped today.
I am surprised they made it that fast, last order took 5 weeks.post #5772 of 2297210/26/13 at 8:14ampost #5773 of 2297210/26/13 at 8:29ampost #5774 of 2297210/26/13 at 8:36amlove the buttons and metal stays on the shirts. love customizing different sized cuffs. fabric was what i expected. 2 small sizing details in my next order and i wont have to look for a shirt vendor again.
2 notes however:
-i didnt like the look of shirring on shirtback. seems blousy. next order will be dual side pleats
-on denim pants, the belt loops could be made to accomodate wider belts.
all in all, theyve got me hooked. no more physical shopping, no more visits to alterationistspost #5775 of 2297210/26/13 at 9:34amOriginally Posted by Zarium
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Photo of the "Monti country checks" now in waywrn. Very pleased with how it made up.
Great collar! Is it a standard Luxire?
No, I modified it when I started ordering from Luxire, to be similar to my older bespoke shirts (albeit that it's softer in feel).
Just placed a new order, this time getting my first pair of trousers from Luxire (a pair of light grey Dugdale summer weight trousers) and also seeing if Luxire can manage a 1-piece collar construction, alongside getting a couple more regular shirts. Chose a cheaper/fun fabric for the one-piece collar shirt, just in case it goes wrong!
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 48 seconds ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Brexit 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 18 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding