Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 1:09 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 385post #5761 of 2159610/25/13 at 9:57amI have 10+ Jantzen shirts and only one from Luxire. Jantzen fabrics are very hit and miss - I won't wear half the shirts I have because the fabric is just too poor quality or has some wacky feature (e.g. their "french" oxfords are very dated). The finish on Jantzen is okay and seems to hold up but I would take Luxire every time over Jantzen if that was my only choice. The finish on Luxire is, in my opinion, significantly better.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5762 of 2159610/25/13 at 12:45pm
Hi I made another thread about this, but I'm not getting any answers, so I'll try here:
I want to try out Luxire and I was thinking a white, french-cuff shirt that I want to use for weddings, Christmas and formal occasions. Should such a shirt have pleats and/or a placket? I understand that less detail equals more formality, but I've seen several variations on formal shirts regarding plackets and pleats. So what would be the "correct" setup for a formal shirt like this?
Thanks in advance!post #5763 of 2159610/25/13 at 1:41pmpost #5764 of 2159610/25/13 at 3:44pmpost #5765 of 2159610/25/13 at 5:20pmpost #5766 of 2159610/25/13 at 5:27pmpost #5767 of 2159610/25/13 at 7:47pmpost #5768 of 2159610/25/13 at 7:59pmQuote:
Placed mine on the 6th, have not been successful with order update requests.
At this point I doubt I will pursue a complicated custom jacket project, but continue to simply order shirts.post #5769 of 2159610/25/13 at 8:00pmThread Starterpost #5770 of 2159610/26/13 at 6:23amQuote:Quote:
Back in September. Took a hair over a month.post #5771 of 2159610/26/13 at 6:25amQuote:
I ordered pants and two shirts on October 10th, and they shipped today.
I am surprised they made it that fast, last order took 5 weeks.post #5772 of 2159610/26/13 at 8:14ampost #5773 of 2159610/26/13 at 8:29ampost #5774 of 2159610/26/13 at 8:36amlove the buttons and metal stays on the shirts. love customizing different sized cuffs. fabric was what i expected. 2 small sizing details in my next order and i wont have to look for a shirt vendor again.
2 notes however:
-i didnt like the look of shirring on shirtback. seems blousy. next order will be dual side pleats
-on denim pants, the belt loops could be made to accomodate wider belts.
all in all, theyve got me hooked. no more physical shopping, no more visits to alterationistspost #5775 of 2159610/26/13 at 9:34amOriginally Posted by Zarium
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Photo of the "Monti country checks" now in waywrn. Very pleased with how it made up.
Great collar! Is it a standard Luxire?
No, I modified it when I started ordering from Luxire, to be similar to my older bespoke shirts (albeit that it's softer in feel).
Just placed a new order, this time getting my first pair of trousers from Luxire (a pair of light grey Dugdale summer weight trousers) and also seeing if Luxire can manage a 1-piece collar construction, alongside getting a couple more regular shirts. Chose a cheaper/fun fabric for the one-piece collar shirt, just in case it goes wrong!
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Need Help. New member. Long time reader :-) 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...