Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:12 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 385post #5761 of 1892810/25/13 at 9:57amI have 10+ Jantzen shirts and only one from Luxire. Jantzen fabrics are very hit and miss - I won't wear half the shirts I have because the fabric is just too poor quality or has some wacky feature (e.g. their "french" oxfords are very dated). The finish on Jantzen is okay and seems to hold up but I would take Luxire every time over Jantzen if that was my only choice. The finish on Luxire is, in my opinion, significantly better.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5762 of 1892810/25/13 at 12:45pm
Hi I made another thread about this, but I'm not getting any answers, so I'll try here:
I want to try out Luxire and I was thinking a white, french-cuff shirt that I want to use for weddings, Christmas and formal occasions. Should such a shirt have pleats and/or a placket? I understand that less detail equals more formality, but I've seen several variations on formal shirts regarding plackets and pleats. So what would be the "correct" setup for a formal shirt like this?
Thanks in advance!post #5763 of 1892810/25/13 at 1:41pmpost #5764 of 1892810/25/13 at 3:44pmpost #5765 of 1892810/25/13 at 5:20pmpost #5766 of 1892810/25/13 at 5:27pmpost #5767 of 1892810/25/13 at 7:47pmpost #5768 of 1892810/25/13 at 7:59pmQuote:
Placed mine on the 6th, have not been successful with order update requests.
At this point I doubt I will pursue a complicated custom jacket project, but continue to simply order shirts.post #5769 of 1892810/25/13 at 8:00pmThread Starterpost #5770 of 1892810/26/13 at 6:23amQuote:Quote:
Back in September. Took a hair over a month.post #5771 of 1892810/26/13 at 6:25amQuote:
I ordered pants and two shirts on October 10th, and they shipped today.
I am surprised they made it that fast, last order took 5 weeks.post #5772 of 1892810/26/13 at 8:14ampost #5773 of 1892810/26/13 at 8:29ampost #5774 of 1892810/26/13 at 8:36amlove the buttons and metal stays on the shirts. love customizing different sized cuffs. fabric was what i expected. 2 small sizing details in my next order and i wont have to look for a shirt vendor again.
2 notes however:
-i didnt like the look of shirring on shirtback. seems blousy. next order will be dual side pleats
-on denim pants, the belt loops could be made to accomodate wider belts.
all in all, theyve got me hooked. no more physical shopping, no more visits to alterationistspost #5775 of 1892810/26/13 at 9:34amOriginally Posted by Zarium
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Photo of the "Monti country checks" now in waywrn. Very pleased with how it made up.
Great collar! Is it a standard Luxire?
No, I modified it when I started ordering from Luxire, to be similar to my older bespoke shirts (albeit that it's softer in feel).
Just placed a new order, this time getting my first pair of trousers from Luxire (a pair of light grey Dugdale summer weight trousers) and also seeing if Luxire can manage a 1-piece collar construction, alongside getting a couple more regular shirts. Chose a cheaper/fun fabric for the one-piece collar shirt, just in case it goes wrong!
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Advice on new CPs 5 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 6 minutes ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...