or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 364

post #5446 of 14628
^ that was the feeling I got looking at the swatches. looking forward to seeing pics of your new trousers.
post #5447 of 14628
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

can you ordee color with different height to accomldate my short neck?

You can, just be sure to specify back of collar height, and then neck band height. I had a shirt that i shortened the collar, but not the neck band, which was a different request all together frown.gif

Learn from my mistakes...
post #5448 of 14628
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFactor View Post

...Refined in what terms? Fit, Stitch, Button hole issue? What are the pieces missing - FEEDBACK for them and for us to know what can be improved...
His question and my answer were simply about buttonholes. Further questions about their refinement are perhaps best answered with a picture comparing the jacket's buttonholes to those from a jacket by Chan:
AppleMark
As I mentioned, I like both types for their purposes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothmoose View Post

Bump, bump, and bump on TWEED. I am curious about the calvalry twill as Luxire has marked them as tweed as well, but from the online swatches, I can't see a jacket being made from them.
....
Either pejsek or dopey once posted a pic of a country suit made of tan cavalry twill. It looked very nice. But I'm not sure I'd get one made myself. But I like them at least as much as flannel for pants.
post #5449 of 14628
Luxire, any comment from you on this buttonhole issue? I've been holding off on ordering suits and overcoats for this exact reason. Any progress on this front? I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting on this.
post #5450 of 14628
I am thinking about sending a shirt I like the fit of to the NJ office to get a few others made. ANyone go this route? How were the results?
post #5451 of 14628

Luxire offering great priced products and people keep off because they are waiting for better buttonholes :D this is so funny, isn't it :D taking into account that you'd have to let them be made by your own tailor in real high-end RTW 

 

No offence, but I simply think it's funny, somehow

post #5452 of 14628
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

I am thinking about sending a shirt I like the fit of to the NJ office to get a few others made. ANyone go this route? How were the results?

 

 

This is the best way to go IMO.  I went this route and I dialed in my fit within a couple shirts.

 

I started with a shirt that fit well but because it was OTR, made some tweaks to make it even better (e.g. longer in length so does not come untucked, higher arm holes, hidden button collar, Epaulet collar dimensions).

 

Now that I can order a dress shirt which fits like a glove at the click of a button, it is dangerous.  I currently have 10 dress shirts and 3 casual OCBDs.

post #5453 of 14628
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeBanker View Post

Luxire offering great priced products and people keep off because they are waiting for better buttonholes biggrin.gif this is so funny, isn't it biggrin.gif taking into account that you'd have to let them be made by your own tailor in real high-end RTW 

No offence, but I simply think it's funny, somehow

I'm not sure I see why it's funny. It's sort of standard procedure to purchase a suit and expect to not have to get all the buttonholes done separately. It's also surprising that given how fantastic everything else they do is, Luxire can't seem to get buttonholes right.

Admittedly, their prices are great for the quality. But there is only one tailor in the city I live in who is remotely capable of doing decent buttonholes. He charges $40 per hole. Any savings I might have by getting something through Luxire is long gone if I have to pay to get the buttonholes done myself.
post #5454 of 14628
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradSchooler View Post


I'm not sure I see why it's funny. It's sort of standard procedure to purchase a suit and expect to not have to get all the buttonholes done separately. It's also surprising that given how fantastic everything else they do is, Luxire can't seem to get buttonholes right.

Admittedly, their prices are great for the quality. But there is only one tailor in the city I live in who is remotely capable of doing decent buttonholes. He charges $40 per hole. Any savings I might have by getting something through Luxire is long gone if I have to pay to get the buttonholes done myself.

 

Maybe this would shed some light on why Luxire can offer great prices...

post #5455 of 14628
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucks View Post

I am thinking about sending a shirt I like the fit of to the NJ office to get a few others made. ANyone go this route? How were the results?

The Luxire product was a mirror image of the shirt I sent in, but with better construction.
post #5456 of 14628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
The Luxire product was a mirror image of the shirt I sent in, but with better construction.

+1. It has to be the best way for a perfect fit because they're replicated exactly...(and it cost me $20 air mail w/ insurance to post)

post #5457 of 14628

I requested a remake recently but luxire said I can't send the shirts to their NJ address. I must send them to India which leads to a shipping cost of about 90USD. This is ridiculous... Any one had the same situation?

post #5458 of 14628
Quote:
Originally Posted by louloufafa View Post
 

I requested a remake recently but luxire said I can't send the shirts to their NJ address. I must send them to India which leads to a shipping cost of about 90USD. This is ridiculous... Any one had the same situation?

 

if it was made to your specs, it's not really that ridiculous.

post #5459 of 14628
Quote:
Originally Posted by louloufafa View Post

I requested a remake recently but luxire said I can't send the shirts to their NJ address. I must send them to India which leads to a shipping cost of about 90USD. This is ridiculous... Any one had the same situation?

Just buy a new cheap test shirt and get the fit right
post #5460 of 14628
Quote:
Originally Posted by louloufafa View Post

I requested a remake recently but luxire said I can't send the shirts to their NJ address. I must send them to India which leads to a shipping cost of about 90USD. This is ridiculous... Any one had the same situation?

Where are you shipping from and what service are you using? There's no way $90 is the cheapest option to ship a shirt that weighs next to nothing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread