Not sure if anyone on here can answer this but what do you do when you get something made that does not fit? Is there a process to start up to modify my existing patter or do I just try again and order another shirt with different measurements?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBeach Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Most common style mistakes Last post on 6/18/11 at 4:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens: black & camo shorts, t-shirt, megacowl shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 363post #5431 of 1589410/2/13 at 9:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5432 of 1589410/2/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
You can send it back with what you want changed but you have to pay shipping, which I think is absolutely silly. I sent in a shirt with minor adjustments to be made and it came back but the arm holes were to tight. I didn't bother sending it back so I"ll get it altered locally when I get around to it.post #5433 of 1589410/2/13 at 10:12pmpost #5434 of 1589410/2/13 at 10:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by 7_rocket
You can send it back with what you want changed but you have to pay shipping, which I think is absolutely silly. I sent in a shirt with minor adjustments to be made and it came back but the arm holes were to tight. I didn't bother sending it back so I"ll get it altered locally when I get around to it.
Why is it silly? If you asked for the wrong measurements, but they executed it correctly, that's on you, thus you pay shipping to get it fixed.post #5435 of 1589410/3/13 at 2:09amQuote:Originally Posted by koor
I just got a denim jacket and a pair of grey flannel pants. Pleased with the jacket. Pants have to go back (long drawn out story that I won't get into). I just wanted to mention to anyone thinking of ordering the 99.99 flannel pants. They are incredibly thick. Think of material used for an overcoat. These pants are thicker than all of the other tweed, donegal, wool and other winter weight pants I own. This is great for some, not so great for others.
I know, I had a cloth sample :P
Would love to have them here even more nowpost #5436 of 1589410/3/13 at 2:57amQuote:Originally Posted by emptym
I'm a serious bargain shopper, and I've had stuff made by over a dozen tailors in the Philippines, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Israel (as well as the US and Italy). But I know of no other company that can do this. The fabric for a pair of Minnis fresco pants is about $125 retail. If you factor in shipping and customs, it's more. You can find people who will make pants for very little, but it will be tough to find someone to make them well. And if you add in Luxire's handwork and complete flexibility in customization, I would say it would be virtually impossible to find someone at this quality and price.
So I read on this thread with someone talking about 200$ approx for pants and 400/450 for Jacket - basically putting a Fresco Suit at around 600/650$.
What are your thoughts on that? Assuming that you ask them to "not do" the button holes and get that done locally?Quote:Originally Posted by emptym
I posted one earlier, here. Imo they're great for a casual jacket like this. For a business suit, I'd probably want them a bit more refined.
Refined in what terms? Fit, Stitch, Button hole issue? What are the pieces missing - FEEDBACK for them and for us to know what can be improved.Quote:
So any try their clearance shirts?post #5437 of 1589410/3/13 at 3:16amtable21, first check your emails, your order confirmation lists all the measurements you gave to Luxire.
Second, wash and measure your shirt, has Luxire followed the measurements you gave them correctly? Well, in case so, it's not their fault the shirt does not fit you.
If not, you can contact Theresa and discuss what you options are.
As for your shirt, obviously you need a greater bottom width, other from that it seems you have too little fabric in the back of the chest and waist.
I can't comment on the height of the armhole, you need to know yourself whether or not you can move around as freely as you want to.
As for the sleeve length and width, I would keep it as it, but I like my sleeves to drape with as little break as possible and thus shorter and tighter than most others.post #5438 of 1589410/3/13 at 3:26amLuxire, I would like to learn about the means you have got to account for forward sloping shoulders.
I feel most people nowadays have forward sloping shoulders and definitely do I.
What do I need to expect from a shirt that account for it?
A differently cut yoke, different shoulder seems, a different shape of the armhole?post #5439 of 1589410/3/13 at 5:08ampost #5440 of 1589410/3/13 at 5:27ampost #5441 of 1589410/3/13 at 5:38ampost #5442 of 1589410/3/13 at 5:45am
- Clapeyron, the red shirt is not from Luxire, it's an older shirt Guglielminotti. I just took the pictures to illustrate the collar for the shirt I've ordered today. The original collar doesn't have button-downs, but I thought I'd try it with it. Anna Matuozzo has a very nice Chambray with a one-piece/Capri collar in her tumblr and I think this combination is looking great.
The shirt is more red (strawberry red) than pink, and it's knitted pique. I wish Luxire had this color of knitted pique...post #5443 of 1589410/3/13 at 6:03ampost #5444 of 1589410/3/13 at 7:13amQuote:Quote:
Bump, bump, and bump on TWEED. I am curious about the calvalry twill as Luxire has marked them as tweed as well, but from the online swatches, I can't see a jacket being made from them.
I just feel the current selection is primary herringbone (which I used to fancy, but inexplicably have fallen out of favour for me personally), and windowpane/check. Looking for more textured and flecked solids. The sad thing is, fall is already here and winter is around the corner.
Speaking of winter, anybody get feedback from Luxire on overcoats and peacoats? I am in Canada, so I would be looking at a pretty heavy wool/cashmere.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › theblacktux.com - black tie event?? 1 minute ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › First UK/Europe Trip -- Shoes Like Alden Modified ? 16 minutes ago
- › NWOT J. Crew Bayswater Peacoat Navy Medium Thinsulate 17 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...