Not sure if anyone on here can answer this but what do you do when you get something made that does not fit? Is there a process to start up to modify my existing patter or do I just try again and order another shirt with different measurements?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:52 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 8:35 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 363post #5431 of 2292810/2/13 at 9:21pmpost #5432 of 2292810/2/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
You can send it back with what you want changed but you have to pay shipping, which I think is absolutely silly. I sent in a shirt with minor adjustments to be made and it came back but the arm holes were to tight. I didn't bother sending it back so I"ll get it altered locally when I get around to it.post #5433 of 2292810/2/13 at 10:12pmpost #5434 of 2292810/2/13 at 10:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by 7_rocket
You can send it back with what you want changed but you have to pay shipping, which I think is absolutely silly. I sent in a shirt with minor adjustments to be made and it came back but the arm holes were to tight. I didn't bother sending it back so I"ll get it altered locally when I get around to it.
Why is it silly? If you asked for the wrong measurements, but they executed it correctly, that's on you, thus you pay shipping to get it fixed.post #5435 of 2292810/3/13 at 2:09amQuote:Originally Posted by koor
I just got a denim jacket and a pair of grey flannel pants. Pleased with the jacket. Pants have to go back (long drawn out story that I won't get into). I just wanted to mention to anyone thinking of ordering the 99.99 flannel pants. They are incredibly thick. Think of material used for an overcoat. These pants are thicker than all of the other tweed, donegal, wool and other winter weight pants I own. This is great for some, not so great for others.
I know, I had a cloth sample :P
Would love to have them here even more nowpost #5436 of 2292810/3/13 at 2:57amQuote:Originally Posted by emptym
I'm a serious bargain shopper, and I've had stuff made by over a dozen tailors in the Philippines, Hong Kong, Thailand, and Israel (as well as the US and Italy). But I know of no other company that can do this. The fabric for a pair of Minnis fresco pants is about $125 retail. If you factor in shipping and customs, it's more. You can find people who will make pants for very little, but it will be tough to find someone to make them well. And if you add in Luxire's handwork and complete flexibility in customization, I would say it would be virtually impossible to find someone at this quality and price.
So I read on this thread with someone talking about 200$ approx for pants and 400/450 for Jacket - basically putting a Fresco Suit at around 600/650$.
What are your thoughts on that? Assuming that you ask them to "not do" the button holes and get that done locally?Quote:Originally Posted by emptym
I posted one earlier, here. Imo they're great for a casual jacket like this. For a business suit, I'd probably want them a bit more refined.
Refined in what terms? Fit, Stitch, Button hole issue? What are the pieces missing - FEEDBACK for them and for us to know what can be improved.Quote:
So any try their clearance shirts?post #5437 of 2292810/3/13 at 3:16amtable21, first check your emails, your order confirmation lists all the measurements you gave to Luxire.
Second, wash and measure your shirt, has Luxire followed the measurements you gave them correctly? Well, in case so, it's not their fault the shirt does not fit you.
If not, you can contact Theresa and discuss what you options are.
As for your shirt, obviously you need a greater bottom width, other from that it seems you have too little fabric in the back of the chest and waist.
I can't comment on the height of the armhole, you need to know yourself whether or not you can move around as freely as you want to.
As for the sleeve length and width, I would keep it as it, but I like my sleeves to drape with as little break as possible and thus shorter and tighter than most others.post #5438 of 2292810/3/13 at 3:26amLuxire, I would like to learn about the means you have got to account for forward sloping shoulders.
I feel most people nowadays have forward sloping shoulders and definitely do I.
What do I need to expect from a shirt that account for it?
A differently cut yoke, different shoulder seems, a different shape of the armhole?post #5439 of 2292810/3/13 at 5:08ampost #5440 of 2292810/3/13 at 5:27ampost #5441 of 2292810/3/13 at 5:38ampost #5442 of 2292810/3/13 at 5:45am
- Clapeyron, the red shirt is not from Luxire, it's an older shirt Guglielminotti. I just took the pictures to illustrate the collar for the shirt I've ordered today. The original collar doesn't have button-downs, but I thought I'd try it with it. Anna Matuozzo has a very nice Chambray with a one-piece/Capri collar in her tumblr and I think this combination is looking great.
The shirt is more red (strawberry red) than pink, and it's knitted pique. I wish Luxire had this color of knitted pique...post #5443 of 2292810/3/13 at 6:03ampost #5444 of 2292810/3/13 at 7:13amQuote:Quote:
Bump, bump, and bump on TWEED. I am curious about the calvalry twill as Luxire has marked them as tweed as well, but from the online swatches, I can't see a jacket being made from them.
I just feel the current selection is primary herringbone (which I used to fancy, but inexplicably have fallen out of favour for me personally), and windowpane/check. Looking for more textured and flecked solids. The sad thing is, fall is already here and winter is around the corner.
Speaking of winter, anybody get feedback from Luxire on overcoats and peacoats? I am in Canada, so I would be looking at a pretty heavy wool/cashmere.post #5445 of 2292810/3/13 at 7:49am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 9 minutes ago
- › How to wash fine linen pants 11 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 16 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 16 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding