or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 347

post #5191 of 12725
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post


Kind of, does anyone find the buttons small circumference-wise?

 

Yes. Most higher-end and custom shirts use size 16L for the top button, 18L for the front and cuff buttons and 14L for the gauntlet and BD collar buttons. However Luxire, for whatever reason, as standard use only 16L and 14L—at least with non-premium MOP buttons—which is why they feel small, especially if you request thin buttons they will feel minuscule. 18L/16L/14L combination can be requested in premium MOP.

post #5192 of 12725

 

Thanks, nice looking shirt. What do you think about getting that but with a BD-collar? I normally get spread collars for dress shirts and BD-collar for more casual shirts.

post #5193 of 12725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

^ very nice, that shirt looks super soft and comfy.

Got my order last night finally...and I'm not that impressed. The shirt will need to get remade for sure. I haven't had a chance to do extensive measurement comparisons yet, but the sleeves definitely feel shorter on my new shirt, and I'm still feeling the shirt pull across my upper back, which is something I tried to fix from my first shirt. Also, I got a fused collar this time, and now the neck feels tighter as well. Not sure if the fusing is the reason why it feels tighter compared to my unfused collar though, I'll need to measure and compare.

For the pants (chocolate brown linen), the fabric is really nice, definitely heavier than I was expecting for a linen pant, but still an awesome fabric. These feel bigger and baggier compared to the ones I sent in to copy, and they just look more sloppy overall. I think part of it has to do with the lack of a crease. The pants I sent in to copy were creased, so I can't figure out why a crease was not pressed into my new pair. Also, the cuffs are about 1/8" too short. I know, not a huge difference, but enough that I noticed and had to measure to make sure.

I got a bunch of swatches as well, only about 50 even though I requested (and paid for) 72. I need to contact them about a refund for the swatches that weren't included.

So overall, this order was meh...I'll post a better review once I get a chance to measure everything.

 

I'm picking up an order today.  Tan linen shirt and cargo pants (2nd pair in black since the first pair were so good).  Both were based on earlier orders without reference to specific measurements so we'll see how it goes. I've struggled with the notion that it might be better to just resubmit the same measurements instead telling them to reference an older order. The pix they sent of the shirt looked pretty good so we'll see how they turned out later today.

post #5194 of 12725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra View Post

Thanks, nice looking shirt. What do you think about getting that but with a BD-collar? I normally get spread collars for dress shirts and BD-collar for more casual shirts.

BD would be fine with that. I just don't like BD.
post #5195 of 12725
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewmoss View Post

I'm picking up an order today.  Tan linen shirt and cargo pants (2nd pair in black since the first pair were so good).  Both were based on earlier orders without reference to specific measurements so we'll see how it goes. I've struggled with the notion that it might be better to just resubmit the same measurements instead telling them to reference an older order. The pix they sent of the shirt looked pretty good so we'll see how they turned out later today.

I would hope not. Doesn't make sense either. My understanding is Luxire like B&M bespoke shops draws up a pattern from scratch for each customer. So my assumption is Luxire would use the same pattern as your previous order unless requested otherwise (i.e. with significant changes to fit.) It would be a waste of their time and money to draw up and cut new patterns each time for returning customers...

Beatlegeuse, not sure why you got shorter sleeves. Did you change from say a barrel cuff to a french cuff that has different cuff heights? If so, major miss on Luxire for not adjusting sleeve lengths for the right cuff height.
post #5196 of 12725

Latest order arrived! Luxire nailed the spread collar shape I wanted, and the fabric made up beautifully (probably my favourite shirt I think):

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/60350_50#post_6608914

 

Will be ordering many more later this evening! :slayer:

 

 

 

 

Plus, a quick snap of the BD shirts I also got in this order (all pre-wash/iron, sorry). Colours are pretty accurate here to real-life:

 

8vT2QPo.jpg

 

Clockwise from top left:

 

White Panama Weave - like a more refined oxford, which is pretty much what I was after. Perhaps a little too light/fine for some applications, so I'll probably get a more typical white oxford too.

Pale Yellow Linen/Cotton - fairly "cold/acidic" yellow. Definitely more of a summer than year-round fabric, though I do plan on trying it out with a navy jumper soon.

Sky Blue Linen/Cotton - a more vibrant/aqua shade than on the site. Useful to have, especially for summer, but on balance, I prefer the more pale & typical blue of the Sky Blue Oxford I got last time. Will probably get another of those.

Shades of Blue Summer Tattersall - not just a summer shirt IMO; pattern will be useful year-round. Like this a lot.

post #5197 of 12725
Doc, I like the Blue Summer Tattersall selection, added to want list..that's a lot of BD collar for a Dapper Englishman ... smile.gif
post #5198 of 12725
Egyptian / Sea Island Cotton

Anybody find any swatches that have the soft/subtleness of Egyptian or Sea Island Cotton? Searching only yields the linen/cotton blends that claim to have Egyptian cotton. I ordered over a dozen cotton swatches with my last order, but none come close to the real thing.
post #5199 of 12725
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothmoose View Post

I would hope not. Doesn't make sense either. My understanding is Luxire like B&M bespoke shops draws up a pattern from scratch for each customer. So my assumption is Luxire would use the same pattern as your previous order unless requested otherwise (i.e. with significant changes to fit.) It would be a waste of their time and money to draw up and cut new patterns each time for returning customers...

Beatlegeuse, not sure why you got shorter sleeves. Did you change from say a barrel cuff to a french cuff that has different cuff heights? If so, major miss on Luxire for not adjusting sleeve lengths for the right cuff height.

Yeah, not sure what happened with the sleeve length. I actually increased the cuff height on my 2nd shirt, so if anything I would have expected the sleeve to come out a little longer. I'll have to go home and measure to see if it actually changed significantly or if the sleeves just felt shorter for some reason. I did go from unfused cuffs to fused for this shirt, but that shouldn't make a difference.
post #5200 of 12725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
 

Latest order arrived! Luxire nailed the spread collar shape I wanted, and the fabric made up beautifully (probably my favourite shirt I think):

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/60350_50#post_6608914

 

Will be ordering many more later this evening! :slayer:

 

 

 

 

Plus, a quick snap of the BD shirts I also got in this order (all pre-wash/iron, sorry). Colours are pretty accurate here to real-life:

 

8vT2QPo.jpg

 

Clockwise from top left:

 

White Panama Weave - like a more refined oxford, which is pretty much what I was after. Perhaps a little too light/fine for some applications, so I'll probably get a more typical white oxford too.

Pale Yellow Linen/Cotton - fairly "cold/acidic" yellow. Definitely more of a summer than year-round fabric, though I do plan on trying it out with a navy jumper soon.

Sky Blue Linen/Cotton - a more vibrant/aqua shade than on the site. Useful to have, especially for summer, but on balance, I prefer the more pale & typical blue of the Sky Blue Oxford I got last time. Will probably get another of those.

Shades of Blue Summer Tattersall - not just a summer shirt IMO; pattern will be useful year-round. Like this a lot.

 

 

Woah, nice collars! Are they all the same BD? Mind providing your order number?

post #5201 of 12725
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post

Doc, I like the Blue Summer Tattersall selection, added to want list..that's a lot of BD collar for a Dapper Englishman ... smile.gif

 

Thanks! While I don't wear them with ties, BDs are my go-to shirt for an open-collar look, so having a range is useful. Also, I'm replacing a number of existing, ageing shirts at the moment. I went a couple of years without replacing anything, as I was between makers, so I'm now having to play catch-up a bit.

 

Originally Posted by Zarium View Post
 
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Latest order arrived! Luxire nailed the spread collar shape I wanted, and the fabric made up beautifully (probably my favourite shirt I think):

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/60350_50#post_6608914

 

Will be ordering many more later this evening! :slayer:

 

 

 

 

Plus, a quick snap of the BD shirts I also got in this order (all pre-wash/iron, sorry). Colours are pretty accurate here to real-life:

 

8vT2QPo.jpg

 

Clockwise from top left:

 

White Panama Weave - like a more refined oxford, which is pretty much what I was after. Perhaps a little too light/fine for some applications, so I'll probably get a more typical white oxford too.

Pale Yellow Linen/Cotton - fairly "cold/acidic" yellow. Definitely more of a summer than year-round fabric, though I do plan on trying it out with a navy jumper soon.

Sky Blue Linen/Cotton - a more vibrant/aqua shade than on the site. Useful to have, especially for summer, but on balance, I prefer the more pale & typical blue of the Sky Blue Oxford I got last time. Will probably get another of those.

Shades of Blue Summer Tattersall - not just a summer shirt IMO; pattern will be useful year-round. Like this a lot.

 

 

 

Woah, nice collars! Are they all the same BD? Mind providing your order number?

 

Yes, they're all the same collar; photo angle & being unironed accounts for any visual differences between them. Order number was #4164, but in truth I didn't really alter their standard very much: it has a 1.5" collar band with 3.5" points, and I just asked them to maintain a nice roll. On a more general point, I'm not entirely certain whether simply quoting another person's collar will generate the same visual appearance when worn. For example, different people have different builds/heights/etc, and so I think some personal experimentation will still be needed to get exactly the look you want. However, as a starting point, using another person's collar design is probably OK.

post #5202 of 12725

Just submitted a fresh order, mostly spread collar shirts, to replace some existing, older items and to broaden availability of my favourite patterns in my wardrobe: blue small graph check, both barrel & french cuff versions; pale blue poplin, barrel & french; light blue candy stripe, barrel; Alumo blue university stripe, french; blue bengal stripe, french; pale pink linen/cotten, barrel; traditional cream/tan graph checks, barrel; fall tattersall twill, barrel and button-down collar. Less than £500 for 10 shirts; just great value now that I know Luxire can deliver what I want.

 

Already can't wait!:cool:

post #5203 of 12725
Is there an additional charge for custom collars? Hoping to make a purchase soon.
post #5204 of 12725
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxa View Post

Is there an additional charge for custom collars? Hoping to make a purchase soon.

No
post #5205 of 12725
Have you guys heard from them? Usually I get email responses very quickly but it's been a couple of days and I've followed up...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread