or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 35

post #511 of 13938
that pattern matching is insane....if you didn't mention that it had a breast pocket I don't think I would have even seen it.
post #512 of 13938
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post

Can you post more of the plain and simple patterned offline oxfords? Thanks.


:D

post #513 of 13938
I have received my second shirt and wanted to add my review as well. My 1st shirt was made using the Warzone White twill fabric which I think is really great for the price. very substantial yet soft and lustrous. The only problem was that the measurements in the body were off by .25" to .5" which made the shirt tighter than I would have liked. I asked Luxire if there was a way to correct this and to their credit they offered to remake the shirt but in the end, I felt like I could just make do for the cost of returning it. I fully understand this is the carrier's charge, not Luxire's.

For the second shirt, I adjusted my measurements a little due to the fact that I have gained some width due to a new training program and in my order form explained to Luxire the issue with the small measurements last order. I asked that they please make sure that the shirt measures true. Well, I can say that this time the shirt measurements are spot on in the body and sleeve. The only gripe I have is that the collar is higher than i requested in the back. I copied and earlier poster's collar style which was this: English spread 3.5" points, 2" in the back, a 1.625" collar band. All is correct except the collar band measures close to 1.9" instead of 1.625" which does make it stick up a little high outside of my jacket in the back. I think I will notice much more than others but it does bother me a tad. Other than this, the shirt is exactly what I wanted. I used the Sky Blue Twill 120/2 fabric which is very soft. I dont own any Thomas Mason or (insert any top name shirt fabric) but to me, this is better than every RTW shirt I have ever owned and better than my past selections from Jantzen and Cottonwork. I do like these other companies but I feel Luxire does a superior job.

In summary, I am very pleased with Luxire. Save for one small measurement issue, they have gotten the shirt spot on. It is also nice to know they stand my their guarantee if you need a shirt to be corrected. I especially like the fully customizable options that Luxire offers, it truly ensures you get what you want. The MOP buttons are a very nice touch and offering them standard is something I think sets them apart from some of the other online MTM shirt makers I have tried. I will definitely be using Luxire in the future for all my shirts.
post #514 of 13938

Looking to pick up a couple OCBD's...mainly for under sweaters (w/wo tie) and with chinos.  I would like the cuffs and collars to look and feel soft with a good roll but not completely limp.

 

I pretty much know how I like dress shirts but I am completely lost with more casual button downs.

 

Would you recommend a specific collar length and spread or just stick with the default option?

 

How to specify cuff and collar...lightly lined and unfused?

 

Thanks,

post #515 of 13938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiper View Post

Looking to pick up a couple OCBD's...mainly for under sweaters (w/wo tie) and with chinos.  I would like the cuffs and collars to look and feel soft with a good roll but not completely limp.

I pretty much know how I like dress shirts but I am completely lost with more casual button downs.

Would you recommend a specific collar length and spread or just stick with the default option?

How to specify cuff and collar...lightly lined and unfused?

Thanks,

I had a good OCBD done by Luxire recently with Epaulet's collar measurements. Check them out and see if you like them. If so, you can just quote my order # to luxire and ask them to copy that collar & cuffs I think: order #2107, Classic Blue Oxford

I think that'd work.
post #516 of 13938
I am interested in your shirts.

So far I make all my decisions, both regarding construction as well as fabrics, based on estehtic preferences, but would like to learn more and thus have some questions.

Thank you in advance!
post #517 of 13938
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post


I had a good OCBD done by Luxire recently with Epaulet's collar measurements. Check them out and see if you like them. If so, you can just quote my order # to luxire and ask them to copy that collar & cuffs I think: order #2107, Classic Blue Oxford
I think that'd work.

Thanks...I may do that

post #518 of 13938
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post


Feels good to read :)

Thank you for noticing that Donovan. A lot of efforts go into the minute details and it really feels good when they are noticed and appreciated.

 

Any fans of attaching the pocket at a 45 degrees bias for a more casual look?

 

If you're game to doing rounded breast pockets like those on 3-patch jackets, I'm placing an order straightaway. I managed to get a local tailor to commission a sample piece, but it took helluva lot of convincing.

post #519 of 13938
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

I had a good OCBD done by Luxire recently with Epaulet's collar measurements. Check them out and see if you like them. If so, you can just quote my order # to luxire and ask them to copy that collar & cuffs I think: order #2107, Classic Blue Oxford
I think that'd work.

I did the same and it works quite well.
post #520 of 13938
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post


:D


Thy are currently being scanned and photographed. Will try and have them live by tomorrow.

Saw your message earlier and wanted to reply directly with the links, but is taking longer than expected.

post #521 of 13938
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysandar View Post

 

If you're game to doing rounded breast pockets like those on 3-patch jackets, I'm placing an order straightaway. I managed to get a local tailor to commission a sample piece, but it took helluva lot of convincing.


Interestingly, we did a rounded breast pocket very recently.

 

We are game for anything and everything, as long as we have enough information to understand the requirement. Do send us an email/PM with information on what you would like.

post #522 of 13938
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

I am interested in your shirts.
So far I make all my decisions, both regarding construction as well as fabrics, based on estehtic preferences, but would like to learn more and thus have some questions. Thank you in advance!


The numbers on End-on-end fabrics or for that matter on any of our fabrics is the information of the yarn used to make the fabric. At a basic level, the higher the number, the finer the fabric. The 2/3/4 used next to the bigger number is the ply.

 

Chambray is a term used for a fabric with a colored warp and white weft. So, one side of the fabric has colored yarns while the other side has white ones. The twill chambray is an amazing fabric by Monti. With a twill weave and an amazing finish, it is one shirt to wear on an otherwise dull Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and may be Thursday. :) The sky blue actually looks like an end-on-end. Will check and revert.

 

In a one-piece collar, the neck-band and the collar are made with a single piece of fabric. They are usually unlined or very lightly lined. We have not done a button-down yet, but it can be done.

 

Below are the images. Both are spearpoint collars, a very popular collar ordered from Luxire. We are hailed as the best maker of vintage shirts now. Do not have an image in the grey candy.

 

700

 

Blue houndstooth is here

post #523 of 13938
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

 

We are game for anything and everything, as long as we have enough information to understand the requirement. Do send us an email/PM with information on what you would like.

 

This is one of the few reasons I tried Luxire in the first place. No extra charges on top of unfused collars/cuffs or any other customization for that matter, as compared to most other MTM makers who demand surcharges for every little thing.

post #524 of 13938

Luxire can you and will you do this:

It's a linen safari jacket; more details at PUT THIS ON

post #525 of 13938
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Luxire can you and will you do this:

It's a linen safari jacket; more details at PUT THIS ON


Absolutely, to the minutest detail.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread