or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 335

post #5011 of 13306

any chance of some pics of available black mother of pearl buttons?  thanks.

post #5012 of 13306
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

Blue Linen Chambray - Coconut Buttons, Semi-Cut-Away Collar, Hidden-Button-down

 

 

 

How much extra are coconut buttons?

post #5013 of 13306
Follow up: how much more delicious are the coconut buttons?
post #5014 of 13306

Anyone found a good work horse white?

 

I'm looking for something that is light to medium weight but has enough stiffness to hold up well under a suit with no tie. If it doesn't wrinkle that easily that's a huge bonus too.

post #5015 of 13306
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post


Thx. The end-on-end is already quite soft. Will have to wait until Spring...

 

I got the end on end in this shipment and I questioned if maybe the Chambray was sent instead. It seems darker than yours and it's quite rough. Weird.

post #5016 of 13306
Luxire, we are still waiting for 'Miles Davis green' oxford fabric!
post #5017 of 13306
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post
 

How much extra are coconut buttons?

 

No extra charge.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrig View Post

Follow up: how much more delicious are the coconut buttons?

 

Reminds of an old joke when a patient ate coconut skin when advised by doctor to eat fruits with skin.

 

In terms of finish, they are a bit less "polished", but they look very good. We do include a few extra buttons, in case a part of it chips/peels off.

post #5018 of 13306
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Luxire, we are still waiting for 'Miles Davis green' oxford fabric!

 

The stock has been received late last week. Need to sort it out and upload to site. There are a few green oxfords in there.

post #5019 of 13306
I'm hoping somebody can offer some help as to the below situation. Here are the measurements on some pants I currently have, and I would like to tweak:

Have:
Half Waist: 15.25''
Half Hips (8'' below top of waistband): 19''
Half Hips Front (8'' below top of waistband): 17.25''
Pant Length: 39.25''
Inseam: 30.5''
Front Rise: 10.25''
Back Rise: 15''
Thigh: 11.5''
Knee (15'' below crotch): 8.5''
Leg Opening: 8''

Now here are the changes I would like to make:
1) Increase front rise by .5''
2) Increase the overall length of the pants by approximately .25''

Want:
Half Waist: 15.25''
Half Hips (8'' below top of waistband): 19''
Half Hips Front (8'' below top of waistband): 17.25''
Pant Length: 40.00''
Inseam: 30.75''
Front Rise: 10.75''
Back Rise: 15.5''

Thigh: 11.5''
Knee (15'' below crotch): 8.5''
Leg Opening: 8''

Do the measurements above make sense for the changes I would like to make?

Thanks for the help!!!
post #5020 of 13306

^^as for your idea to add to the outseam and each rise in equal amounts (minus the extra .25 in of length you want): it seems reasonable, but keep in mind that it is not true that the outseam is the sum of the front rise (much less the back) with the inseam. the lines that make up these measurements aren't perfectly parallel (this is pretty obvious from your measurements). so my guess would be that increasing the front and back rise would increase the total outseam by less, but maybe with changes as small as you are making this is negligible. if you want expert advice on this you can ask in one of the tailor's threads where they might be able to tell you how to achieve what you want. will this be your first pair from luxire? if so, i'd advise sticking with something you know works, or, if you insist on making adjustments, making them as small as possible, and work from there for your next pair. of course, maybe .5 inches is a small adjustment; i don't really know.

post #5021 of 13306
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

Blue Linen Chambray - Coconut Buttons, Semi-Cut-Away Collar, Hidden-Button-down






That's me!
post #5022 of 13306
Quote:
Originally Posted by topos View Post

^^as for your idea to add to the outseam and each rise in equal amounts (minus the extra .25 in of length you want): it seems reasonable, but keep in mind that it is not true that the outseam is the sum of the front rise (much less the back) with the inseam. the lines that make up these measurements aren't perfectly parallel (this is pretty obvious from your measurements). so my guess would be that increasing the front and back rise would increase the total outseam by less, but maybe with changes as small as you are making this is negligible. if you want expert advice on this you can ask in one of the tailor's threads where they might be able to tell you how to achieve what you want. will this be your first pair from luxire? if so, i'd advise sticking with something you know works, or, if you insist on making adjustments, making them as small as possible, and work from there for your next pair. of course, maybe .5 inches is a small adjustment; i don't really know.

Thanks for the input, I'll try that.

Yes, this will be my first pair from Luxire. I'd like to make smaller changes, but I feel like I need both to achieve a fit I would be content with.
post #5023 of 13306
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

Thanks for the input, I'll try that.

Yes, this will be my first pair from Luxire. I'd like to make smaller changes, but I feel like I need both to achieve a fit I would be content with.

It's also always a good idea to consider a less expensive trouser for your first order so you can see how the fit works and what changes you want to make.
post #5024 of 13306
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

 

Ain't going too well, am afraid. Still trying though.

 

 

Very much in progress, like the one below shipping this week. (cellphone image)

 

 

Luxire,

Is this a structured jacket? Can you explaing what the measurement / fit process was? Or was it based on a existing coat sent in by the customer?

post #5025 of 13306
It is unstructured, was based off an existing coat that was sent. This is not the first attempt--they have been refining it for some time.

This is emptym's coat, he posted about it a couple of days ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread