Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:11 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 291post #4351 of 183258/6/13 at 7:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4352 of 183258/6/13 at 7:57pmpost #4353 of 183258/6/13 at 8:51pmpost #4354 of 183258/6/13 at 9:17pmpost #4355 of 183258/7/13 at 2:43ampost #4356 of 183258/7/13 at 2:48am
Unless your shirts fit 100% perfectly, I'd recommend taking some fit pics and send to Luxire for comments. I received a couple of shirts the other day, and while they generally fit great, there were some slight excess fabric that created small folds near the shoulders. I took some photos and sent over to Luxire, and got a prompt response with detailed adjustments to make my next order perfect.
The customer service, as well as the product, that Luxire is providing, is really something. Great job, guys!post #4357 of 183258/7/13 at 4:55amQuote:
Not yet, sorry. However, I don't think fit is necessarily the best measure to judge luxire on. They can only work with what they have been provided with, be it measurements or another item, and have little influence on how the piece sits on your body.
They did a great job of replicating the fit of the piece I provided them with. If you plan on doing the same, I think you can have confidence in their ability in this regard.Quote:Originally Posted by ErikJN
I'd recommend taking some fit pics and send to Luxire for comments. I received a couple of shirts the other day, I took some photos and sent over to Luxire, and got a prompt response with detailed adjustments to make my next order perfect.
The customer service, as well as the product, that Luxire is providing, is really something. Great job, guys!
In my experience, fit advice from luxire has been very good and has helped shirts to improve with each new order.post #4358 of 183258/7/13 at 7:07amI'm usually against the whole bathroom selfie thing, but this is the best I could do for today - here's my first Luxire shirt, the sky blue summer chambray. It turned out pretty close to how I wanted it. Sleeves may look slightly short in the pic, but like I said in my review a week or so ago, it's mainly due to the upper back (right below the yoke), being a little too small, so it pulls when I hang my arms down or reach forward, which makes the sleeve ride up a little bit. I requested that to be changed on my next shirt, so hopefully I'll see an improvement in that area.post #4359 of 183258/7/13 at 7:10ampost #4360 of 183258/7/13 at 7:10ampost #4361 of 183258/7/13 at 7:46am
Yep, I just told them I wanted a nice roll, didn't get too specific with the measurements. I think these are 3.25" collar points - I'd have to look at my order again to double check the exact measurement I put in.Quote:Originally Posted by mrjester
Looks pretty good.
There's tightness in my shirts across the upper back. Besides adding pleats, how does anyone fix this? Or do they just let it go? I know the solution would be, "... just add more room." but I don't want an absurd amount of excess fabric there.
Unfortunately I think adding pleats or increasing the measurement are the only ways around this. My shirt has a center pleat and I still have tightness when I reach forward, so I really had no choice other than adding some more room on my next shirt.post #4362 of 183258/7/13 at 7:57ampost #4363 of 183258/7/13 at 7:58amQuote:
I hate pleats.post #4364 of 183258/7/13 at 8:15am
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 5 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 9 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 16 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...