or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 276

post #4126 of 11601
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

I hate Luxire for making me realize that I've overpaid for trousers my entire life.

 

My timotune fauxbrosis arrived via FedEx without additional customs this week. I intended them as golf trousers but after handling them for 5 minutes I've come to realize that they are much much too nice.

 

They nailed the fit on their first pair (with maybe a couple minor adjustments in overall length), hand work and detailing is simply stunning, the cloth given the price is more than decent. Overall, I hereby solemnly swear to hand over the entirety of my coming tax return to Luxire for I need trousers. loads of them.

 

Without further ado I submit to you a small pic dump:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


They look really good! Nice work.

post #4127 of 11601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post

I actually have a pair of pretty good fitting trousers (suitsupply suit). They have their trousers done quite highly waisted. So I just included a couple of minor adjustments and that's it. I wouldnt know how to do that neither so I first bought this suit and went from there. It was worth it. I can focus now on buying jackets while all my trousers will be from Luxire ;)

Oh okay thanks for the tip. I have a nice custom pair from Proper Suit that are fairly high-waisted, so i'm thinking I will take some pictures of those, take measurements, and email Luxire to see if they can help me come up with the right measurements to make them slightly higher. I was prepared to have my first order be sort of a trial that would require serious adjustments, but both yours and clapeyron's look pretty spot on the first time.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

I hate Luxire for making me realize that I've overpaid for trousers my entire life.

 

My timotune fauxbrosis arrived via FedEx without additional customs this week. I intended them as golf trousers but after handling them for 5 minutes I've come to realize that they are much much too nice.

 

They nailed the fit on their first pair (with maybe a couple minor adjustments in overall length), hand work and detailing is simply stunning, the cloth given the price is more than decent. Overall, I hereby solemnly swear to hand over the entirety of my coming tax return to Luxire for I need trousers. loads of them.

 

Without further ado I submit to you a small pic dump:

 

clapeyron, those also look great. What do you call that waistband style?

post #4128 of 11601
Any idea what fabric the most recently posted shirt makeup is? Looks amazing.

edit:
http://luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/linen-blue-white-pencil-stripes
post #4129 of 11601
Can luxire do the hidden button down collar I posted earlier on any of their collar styles?
post #4130 of 11601
^ Do you really have to ask :P
post #4131 of 11601
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

^ Do you really have to ask :P
Ok then how does one go about describing the hidden button down collar? Will that work or do I need to attach pics of it?
post #4132 of 11601
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglose View Post

Does luxire do a hidden button down collar? On a shirt I have it has two metal bits, one that is the male side of the button and the other the housing it fits into.

Edit: added some pics if my current shirt. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Last thing, does luxire have a similar fabric to this?

 

Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 


Yes, we do have those small snaps. Collar can be made with these.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglose View Post

Can luxire do the hidden button down collar I posted earlier on any of their collar styles?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

^ Do you really have to ask :P

 

:)

post #4133 of 11601
Thread Starter 

Thank you all for the follows and advise to our Tumblr..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post


This is great -It'd be even better if you could include what fabric the item is made from in the tumblr posts.

 

Good suggestion. Yes, will be adding those. Was looking for an easy technical solution. Found one for images and now testing another for text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

 

A couple of unsolicited tips to take or leave as you prefer:

 

- photograph items on a tailor's dummy/form rather than a mannequin. Mannequins can look a bit weird in photos (they make more sense in retail environments).

- add in a description of the design & fabric (maybe even link to them), to encourage people to click through to your website and order similar things.

- I don't use tumblr, but there must be a way to add a permanent link somewhere in the page design to explain who you are and/or link to your retail site.

- a lighter background colour (maybe even white) would probably look nicer.

 

Good luck with it! cool.gif

-Agree on tailor's dummy.  Coming soon.

 

-Description and links will be added

 

-Will improve the look in the near future. Testing some more skins to see what works best.

post #4134 of 11601

Aglose- Pics would probably be better; but you should chat with Luxire through email so nothing gets missed; good luck :)

post #4135 of 11601

I could swear someone posted a picture of a darker brown pant made from a fabric not on the website.

 

I'm looking for something nearly, but not quite chocolate, that is a lightweight fabric, but not linen.

 

Anyone got any ideas?

post #4136 of 11601
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartagasIV View Post

Any idea what fabric the most recently posted shirt makeup is? Looks amazing.

edit:
http://luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/linen-blue-white-pencil-stripes

I shall post a picture on Wednesday :-D

post #4137 of 11601

Luxire, do you offer custom scarves like you do with your pocket squares, e.g., send you a photo of a scarf and see how closely you can recreate the pattern/color?

post #4138 of 11601
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCcolocV View Post

Luxire, do you offer custom scarves like you do with your pocket squares, e.g., send you a photo of a scarf and see how closely you can recreate the pattern/color?

 

Absolutely. We can offer these in silk, wool, silk-wool blends, cotton and some of the synthetic blends too, if desired.

 

Can be made of the desired size.

 

The print will be replicated closely, as long as the image is 300 PPI.

post #4139 of 11601
So how do I go about getting a pair of cargo pants made? I'm not seeing a cargo pockets option?
post #4140 of 11601
Still curious what fabric clapeys trousers are made from
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread