or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 258

post #3856 of 12771
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdykarim View Post

The brown cord jacket was mine. The fit is surprisingly good out of the box, but I did have some issues with requests not fulfilled.

Overall experience was relatively positive; I will probably try Luxire again.


Mirror pic


Shoulders are great.


Buttons are nice and well-shanked.



Lots of problems with buttonholes. There's inconsistent spacing on each sleeve and also across sleeves.
I got a little excited with my first custom jacket and requested working buttonholes. I won't do that in the future.
Also, the top buttonhole (that rolls over) is finished on the wrong side.


Two of my requests:
The sleeves are totally unlined--the pockets and the brown rayon piece pictured at the top of the jacket is the only lining. I would have preferred it to be in blue oxford cloth.
It's a purely idiosyncratic thing, but I didn't want a Luxire label on the inside of the jacket. This was also ignored.

Overall verdict: despite the issues, it's a decent jacket at a decent price. Maybe I need to be better about communicating/emphasizing my preferences in the future.

i would send that back and have it done right. That is just shotty QC before it was shipped. Looks a lot like the issues i had with them when I tried to have a jacket made.
post #3857 of 12771

The faults on that cord jacket are pretty discouraging. confused.gif You could attempt to justify it by saying jackets are a new venture for them, but the principal of consistent spacing of buttonholes etc. is one that applies to all clothing. Perhaps their chalk was blunt that day.

 

I'm waiting on my first order—only trousers and a shirt. That's their specialty, so I should expect no F-ups like this, right? One submits lots of custom specs in hopes of getting what you want and preventing disappointment, but at the same time you worry about overloading them with information at the risk of confusing them.

 

I get that what Luxire are doing is relatively unique in the market and totally value-for-money, but if the quality control is like this, what's the point? I suppose I'll not knock it before I try it.

post #3858 of 12771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodking View Post

Yes, I ordered my first pair in this fabric.

The colour is a dark olive.

I'm not keen on it to be honest, it is smooth and has a slight sheen, feels a bit paper-y.  Will be going for the Dugdale stuff in the future.

Would you mind sharing a pic of the true color? biggrin.gif
post #3859 of 12771
Quote:
Originally Posted by PtrckHmphrys View Post

The faults on that cord jacket are pretty discouraging. confused.gif You could attempt to justify it by saying jackets are a new venture for them, but the principal of consistent spacing of buttonholes etc. is one that applies to all clothing. Perhaps their chalk was blunt that day.

I agree. I think it is a decent product but it also has some serious flaws.

I am curious to see a) if the other jackets they recently shipped have similar flaws and b) also how Luxire will respond to my concerns.
post #3860 of 12771
Has anyone seen a standard navy Irish linen trouser fabric on Luxire's site? I saw a Dugdale fabric, but no standard $149.99 Luxire fabric.
post #3861 of 12771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Has anyone seen a standard navy Irish linen trouser fabric on Luxire's site? I saw a Dugdale fabric, but no standard $149.99 Luxire fabric.

 

Is this what you are looking for?

post #3862 of 12771
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjini View Post

Is this what you are looking for?

Yes! I don't know how the hell I missed this. I filtered pants for all linen options but I didn't see this in the results.
post #3863 of 12771
Has anyone purchased a pair of either the moleskin or corduroy trousers from Luxire? If so, can you comment on the material?
post #3864 of 12771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


Yes! I don't know how the hell I missed this. I filtered pants for all linen options but I didn't see this in the results.

With all due respect, the website is horrible   peepwall[1].gif

post #3865 of 12771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Yes! I don't know how the hell I missed this. I filtered pants for all linen options but I didn't see this in the results.

Filtering was your mistake. I had no idea half their pant fabrics existed until I just went through the entire lot rather than just trying to filter. Website does need work, but if they can get me custom trousers for 2/3 or less than what I'd pay otherwise, I can deal with an imperfect website.
post #3866 of 12771
Thread Starter 

Just added: Blue Pinpoint Oxford - Comfortable Oxford Shirt for the Summer

 

 

post #3867 of 12771
For those of you who have sent items to NJ for measurements to be copied, did you require signature upon delivery? I sent something that UPS shows was delivered a week and a half ago that Luxire hasn't yet been able to confirm they have in their possession. I'm hopeful that it's still en route to India (they say everything gets forwarded immediately), but I'm a bit concerned that I didn't require signature when it was delivered to NJ. Not sure if they have someone available during the day to sign though...
post #3868 of 12771
Quote:
Originally Posted by evpj2L View Post

For those of you who have sent items to NJ for measurements to be copied, did you require signature upon delivery? I sent something that UPS shows was delivered a week and a half ago that Luxire hasn't yet been able to confirm they have in their possession. I'm hopeful that it's still en route to India (they say everything gets forwarded immediately), but I'm a bit concerned that I didn't require signature when it was delivered to NJ. Not sure if they have someone available during the day to sign though...

Did you ask if they have the item? I sent mine just with delivery confirmation and a few days after showing delivered, emailed to ask whether they had it in their hands and got a yes reply back. 

post #3869 of 12771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Did you ask if they have the item? I sent mine just with delivery confirmation and a few days after showing delivered, emailed to ask whether they had it in their hands and got a yes reply back. 

Yes, I've been communicating with them since when UPS showed it was delivered to NJ, but they haven't been able to locate it yet. They told me not to worry and that they haven't had anything ever get lost. Was just curious if others have required signature when sending them stuff. In the future I probably would, especially if I send them "bigger ticket" items to copy (this was just a shirt). I'm hopeful that things will end up ok, but knowing that there's a delay between delivery in NJ and their ability to confirm receipt (not until forwarded and received in India), signature would have given me some peace of mind .
post #3870 of 12771
Quote:
Originally Posted by evpj2L View Post

For those of you who have sent items to NJ for measurements to be copied, did you require signature upon delivery? I sent something that UPS shows was delivered a week and a half ago that Luxire hasn't yet been able to confirm they have in their possession. I'm hopeful that it's still en route to India (they say everything gets forwarded immediately), but I'm a bit concerned that I didn't require signature when it was delivered to NJ. Not sure if they have someone available during the day to sign though...

I sent my favorite shirt and pants yesterday. I have my fingers crossed. Since I live in Canada, I didn't want to mark too high a value in case customs wanted to tax Luxire. I did mark the package for shirt/pants for repair (and not sale). Will check to confirm their receipt as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread