Does fused lead to a collar that "stays up" better?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 11:51 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 237
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3542 of 215727/9/13 at 10:16amQuote:
Wow, I always thought you just really hated button downs. Thank you for enlightening us all!post #3543 of 215727/9/13 at 10:19ampost #3544 of 215727/9/13 at 10:36ampost #3545 of 215727/9/13 at 11:02am
Imo the ideal way to make it is with a bright color on one side and a dark one on the other: bright for sunny days and/or when you want to be visible (bicycling, walking heavily-trafficed streets at night or in the rain) and dark for blending in in tough neighborhoods. Another good option is patterned on one side and plain on the other, or wool flannel and something windproof...
I went for an unlined one, since I travel mostly in the summer, and I like to pack as little as possible. Unlined also has the adv. of more options for internal pockets (a large interior pocket's ideal for carrying a book). With a light wool sweater, a hat and gloves, it can be warm enough below freezing. But I'll even pack it for going to places like Indonesia where air-conditioned places can be ridiculously cold. Even if I don't wear it where I'm going, it makes a good pillow on the plane/bus or it can be worn if the plane/bus/airport is cold.
Went with red for a few reasons. Have had a light khaki one for the past few years, but I don't like wearing it w/ khaki pants, which meant I couldn't take khaki pants when traveling. Navy or some shade of olive would be good too, but I do have olive and navy pants, and jeans... Red is visible for bicycling etc. and not too out of place in rough neighborhoods.
I was thinking of this as my one-harrington, but I may get another. They're just so flexible for the reasons above and they can be worn with anything from shorts to wool dress pants.post #3546 of 215727/9/13 at 11:09amQuote:
Well, it actually started out that way, but there was more in (to?) the name .
The weird thing is, that when someone on this forum starts a sentence with "Nobody likes...", I start thinking "I didn't say that!".post #3547 of 215727/9/13 at 11:39amQuote:
I was thinking about a solid coloured cotton on the outside and patterned flannel on the inside. But you raise a strong argument for unlined though. It's true that unlined can be worn warm and cool depending on layers added.
I'm afraid that I would probably never make use of the reversibility of the jacket and end up constantly wearing it one way. It's also possible that I wear it down on the inside much quicker when I sweat myself over the golf course.
I am definitely pulling the trigger soon in time for late summer, probably ask Luxire to imitate James Bond's quantum of solace Y-3 Harrington.post #3548 of 215727/9/13 at 12:36pmQuote:
I wear my shirts the same way you do (#fuckyeahtomford) and I find Luxire's standard fusing works fine. The proportions of the collar are equally important to achieving this. I go for a semi-spread collar with 2" back height and 3.5" point length.post #3549 of 215727/9/13 at 1:17pmQuote:
lmao #FYTF. Thanks for the insight.post #3550 of 215727/9/13 at 1:22pmpost #3551 of 215727/9/13 at 1:45pmpost #3552 of 215727/9/13 at 1:58pmpost #3553 of 215727/9/13 at 3:31pmpost #3554 of 215727/9/13 at 4:03pmQuote:
I'm certainly most interested. I'm sure there's a lot of people who are too, including those of us from the Streetwear section of this forum, who may not know about this thread.
I'd love to see a classic peacoat done with a softer construction especially around the shoulder. A lot of peacoats out there look very very boxy because of a built up shoulder.post #3555 of 215727/9/13 at 8:18pmIt's been 2 weeks since I placed my order, haven't gotten a shipping notice yet. I'm getting anxious, hope it's on its way soon! Even if it takes another week, that's still faster than any other MTM service I've ever used, so I'm not complaining, and I'm definitely looking forward to placing my next order soon after the first one arrives.
I was browsing through the website a few days ago, and I started making a list of all the swatches I wanted to order. I actually counted my totals and was up to 43 shirt fabrics and 16 trouser fabrics!
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 27 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 56 seconds ago
- › Black N1 USN deck Jacket hook clasp style Alpha Industries 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Buzz Ricksons navy USN N1 Deck Jacket 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › RRL indigo navy Down-Filled Shawl Collared Mackinaw Parka 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...