Does fused lead to a collar that "stays up" better?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBeach Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Most common style mistakes Last post on 6/18/11 at 4:27pm in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrea Pompilio Mens Lemon Yellow Cotton Blend Blazer Size EU 46 (BRAND NEW WITH TAGS!!!!!) Last post on 4/10/13 at 7:55am in Marketplace
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 237
Wow, I always thought you just really hated button downs. Thank you for enlightening us all!
Imo the ideal way to make it is with a bright color on one side and a dark one on the other: bright for sunny days and/or when you want to be visible (bicycling, walking heavily-trafficed streets at night or in the rain) and dark for blending in in tough neighborhoods. Another good option is patterned on one side and plain on the other, or wool flannel and something windproof...
I went for an unlined one, since I travel mostly in the summer, and I like to pack as little as possible. Unlined also has the adv. of more options for internal pockets (a large interior pocket's ideal for carrying a book). With a light wool sweater, a hat and gloves, it can be warm enough below freezing. But I'll even pack it for going to places like Indonesia where air-conditioned places can be ridiculously cold. Even if I don't wear it where I'm going, it makes a good pillow on the plane/bus or it can be worn if the plane/bus/airport is cold.
Went with red for a few reasons. Have had a light khaki one for the past few years, but I don't like wearing it w/ khaki pants, which meant I couldn't take khaki pants when traveling. Navy or some shade of olive would be good too, but I do have olive and navy pants, and jeans... Red is visible for bicycling etc. and not too out of place in rough neighborhoods.
I was thinking of this as my one-harrington, but I may get another. They're just so flexible for the reasons above and they can be worn with anything from shorts to wool dress pants.
Well, it actually started out that way, but there was more in (to?) the name .
The weird thing is, that when someone on this forum starts a sentence with "Nobody likes...", I start thinking "I didn't say that!".
I was thinking about a solid coloured cotton on the outside and patterned flannel on the inside. But you raise a strong argument for unlined though. It's true that unlined can be worn warm and cool depending on layers added.
I'm afraid that I would probably never make use of the reversibility of the jacket and end up constantly wearing it one way. It's also possible that I wear it down on the inside much quicker when I sweat myself over the golf course.
I am definitely pulling the trigger soon in time for late summer, probably ask Luxire to imitate James Bond's quantum of solace Y-3 Harrington.
I wear my shirts the same way you do (#fuckyeahtomford) and I find Luxire's standard fusing works fine. The proportions of the collar are equally important to achieving this. I go for a semi-spread collar with 2" back height and 3.5" point length.
lmao #FYTF. Thanks for the insight.
I'm certainly most interested. I'm sure there's a lot of people who are too, including those of us from the Streetwear section of this forum, who may not know about this thread.
I'd love to see a classic peacoat done with a softer construction especially around the shoulder. A lot of peacoats out there look very very boxy because of a built up shoulder.
I was browsing through the website a few days ago, and I started making a list of all the swatches I wanted to order. I actually counted my totals and was up to 43 shirt fabrics and 16 trouser fabrics!
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 48 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 51 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Robert Geller Mesh Tanks 46/Trade for 44s 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 minutes ago
- › PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw