Does fused lead to a collar that "stays up" better?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBeach Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Most common style mistakes Last post on 6/18/11 at 4:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on Yesterday at 9:08 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 237
Styleforum Top Picks
Wow, I always thought you just really hated button downs. Thank you for enlightening us all!
Imo the ideal way to make it is with a bright color on one side and a dark one on the other: bright for sunny days and/or when you want to be visible (bicycling, walking heavily-trafficed streets at night or in the rain) and dark for blending in in tough neighborhoods. Another good option is patterned on one side and plain on the other, or wool flannel and something windproof...
I went for an unlined one, since I travel mostly in the summer, and I like to pack as little as possible. Unlined also has the adv. of more options for internal pockets (a large interior pocket's ideal for carrying a book). With a light wool sweater, a hat and gloves, it can be warm enough below freezing. But I'll even pack it for going to places like Indonesia where air-conditioned places can be ridiculously cold. Even if I don't wear it where I'm going, it makes a good pillow on the plane/bus or it can be worn if the plane/bus/airport is cold.
Went with red for a few reasons. Have had a light khaki one for the past few years, but I don't like wearing it w/ khaki pants, which meant I couldn't take khaki pants when traveling. Navy or some shade of olive would be good too, but I do have olive and navy pants, and jeans... Red is visible for bicycling etc. and not too out of place in rough neighborhoods.
I was thinking of this as my one-harrington, but I may get another. They're just so flexible for the reasons above and they can be worn with anything from shorts to wool dress pants.
Well, it actually started out that way, but there was more in (to?) the name .
The weird thing is, that when someone on this forum starts a sentence with "Nobody likes...", I start thinking "I didn't say that!".
I was thinking about a solid coloured cotton on the outside and patterned flannel on the inside. But you raise a strong argument for unlined though. It's true that unlined can be worn warm and cool depending on layers added.
I'm afraid that I would probably never make use of the reversibility of the jacket and end up constantly wearing it one way. It's also possible that I wear it down on the inside much quicker when I sweat myself over the golf course.
I am definitely pulling the trigger soon in time for late summer, probably ask Luxire to imitate James Bond's quantum of solace Y-3 Harrington.
I wear my shirts the same way you do (#fuckyeahtomford) and I find Luxire's standard fusing works fine. The proportions of the collar are equally important to achieving this. I go for a semi-spread collar with 2" back height and 3.5" point length.
lmao #FYTF. Thanks for the insight.
I'm certainly most interested. I'm sure there's a lot of people who are too, including those of us from the Streetwear section of this forum, who may not know about this thread.
I'd love to see a classic peacoat done with a softer construction especially around the shoulder. A lot of peacoats out there look very very boxy because of a built up shoulder.
I was browsing through the website a few days ago, and I started making a list of all the swatches I wanted to order. I actually counted my totals and was up to 43 shirt fabrics and 16 trouser fabrics!
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 1 minute ago
- › The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Friday Challenge 19th December 2014 - The Novelty Tie Challenge 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...