or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 201

post #3001 of 12452
Didn't know that.
Thanks for clarifying smile.gif
post #3002 of 12452
Sure thing.


Here's an unfused shirt cuff (from an old Hilditch & Key-shirt):

hIHjqUW.jpg

The white lining is sewn but not glued to the fabric. You can feel three layers.
post #3003 of 12452
Thinking about getting some denim made in the same (updated) confuguration of my copper chinos.

Thoughts?
post #3004 of 12452
With configuration you mean measurements or the design of the pant?
If you mean the later, I would advise you not to do it.
I can't bring myself to liking denim made pants other than traditional jeans.
post #3005 of 12452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

With configuration you mean measurements or the design of the pant?
If you mean the later, I would advise you not to do it.
I can't bring myself to liking denim made pants other than traditional jeans.

I meant the latter.
Maybe I would not have them pleated, but with a nice high rise, creased and cuffed.
post #3006 of 12452
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post


I meant the latter.
Maybe I would not have them pleated, but with a nice high rise, creased and cuffed.

Do it! High rise jeans are awesome! I brought my Luxire jeans to the tailor for some adjustments (slim down the thighs and waist) the other day, and he was impressed with the quality and construction, especially when I told him how much I paid for them.

I'll definitely order a second pair from Luxire. I'd probably use a similar configuration as my first pair (high rise, single, small pleats, neat seams, side adjusters), except I'll make them a little wider in the leg leg opening and a little longer so I can cuff them, which would make them drape better. 

post #3007 of 12452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Do it! High rise jeans are awesome! I brought my Luxire jeans to the tailor for some adjustments (slim down the thighs and waist) the other day, and he was impressed with the quality and construction, especially when I told him how much I paid for them.
I'll definitely order a second pair from Luxire. I'd probably use a similar configuration as my first pair (high rise, single, small pleats, neat seams, side adjusters), except I'll make them a little wider in the leg leg opening and a little longer so I can cuff them, which would make them drape better. 

Yep, I really like how your jeans turned out (except for the lower leg being a bit slim).
You kin of gave me the idea ;-)

Which denim did you choose?
post #3008 of 12452
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

Yep, I really like how your jeans turned out (except for the lower leg being a bit slim).
You kin of gave me the idea ;-)

Which denim did you choose?
Yep, but my tailor said he'll probably be able to fix that, so I'm eagerly awaiting the day I can pick them up! I went for the 14oz dark selvedge denim. If it's still on sale I would definitely go for that if you're looking for a darker pair of trousers.
post #3009 of 12452
Sky Blue Summer Chambray (hairline) in action

QcLVuVm.jpg
post #3010 of 12452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Do it! High rise jeans are awesome! I brought my Luxire jeans to the tailor for some adjustments (slim down the thighs and waist) the other day, and he was impressed with the quality and construction, especially when I told him how much I paid for them.
I'll definitely order a second pair from Luxire. I'd probably use a similar configuration as my first pair (high rise, single, small pleats, neat seams, side adjusters), except I'll make them a little wider in the leg leg opening and a little longer so I can cuff them, which would make them drape better. 

did it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #3011 of 12452

Also put in an order for a pair of pants.

 

This fabric: http://luxire.com/collections/pants/products/dark-grey-cotton-khaki

And asked for side adjusters like the ones that Epaulet has: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0184/4436/products/Walt_Grey_Merino_Side_Tab_1024x1024.jpg?9631

post #3012 of 12452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I'm actually thinking of placing an order for those brown linen pants. I'll write a review here once I do.

Uh-oh. Me too. Let's see who wins here. I'm not ordering mine until my pants come in next week.

post #3013 of 12452
ordered the sky blue linen/cotton and waiting on some pants icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

changed the shirt measurements a bunch, will see how i like it.
post #3014 of 12452
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Uh-oh. Me too. Let's see who wins here. I'm not ordering mine until my pants come in next week.

I'm waiting until I get the pair of navy linen pants I special ordered from Epaulet a few weeks ago. Once I get those and then get them tailored, I'll use the measurements to get the brown linen Luxire pants made.
post #3015 of 12452
Took 2 shirts a month to be shipped, suffice to say that the waiting time was shit but seeing as I was in no rush for my shirts I can't really complain as the fit is spot on and improved slightly from older order.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread