or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 197

post #2941 of 12490
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post


Thanks! Is it adviseable to size half a inch down to tighten the elastics?

You'll need to discuss with them. It took a few emails and a 2nd iteration to get it right. Theyll tell you that the measurement to give them is largest measurement and the one you wear it at. I tend to wear mine in the tightened mode usually and loosen later in day. Like I said, contact them about it. 

post #2942 of 12490
"While Ambrosi pants look natural the Luxire one doesn't." I completely agree.
post #2943 of 12490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post

I'm not sure I like the area marked in the pictures above. While Ambrosi pants look natural the Luxire one doesn't. The arrows show, in my opinion, that there is too much fabric used to create the pleats. In this way, a rather flat rectangle (square) is created. Can anyone see it too? Other details are as always perfect but I'm not sure about this pleats. I wouldn't like every pair of single pleat pants to have the same look in this area. I suppose it was created because of the belt loops being placed in the same place as the pleat.

It looks to me more like there isn't enough fullness in the front of the upper legs to accommodate the pleat so it's pulling out and not draping nicely. Of course these are straight out of the box and so un-ironed, I suspect they are probably fine as Timo seems to understand what he wants and how to go about getting it.
-TTO
post #2944 of 12490
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

I just made the adjustments in my spreadsheet for pants V2.
The basic style will remain the same, also most of the measurements.
I will raise front and back-rise by around 0.75 / 1.0 inches, this also affects the length in the same dimension. Also, I will have made the waistband 0.5 inches tighter.

I will also tell Luxire to spare the left button-loop & make the right one a bit broader (around 0.75 inch broad).

Boring, as I am, I will again order two basic Chinos
http://luxire.com/products/light-tan-twill-chino
http://luxire.com/products/khaki-twill-chino

When you raise the rise, your waist measurement, as a general proposition, should slightly increase. You, however, are simultaneously decreasing it. Your pants might turn out to be too tight in the waist.
post #2945 of 12490
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post

It looks to me more like there isn't enough fullness in the front of the upper legs to accommodate the pleat so it's pulling out and not draping nicely.
-TTO
+1

More fabric in the front waist and hip area and you get the same look as the ambrosi's
post #2946 of 12490
Is it an issue of fit or is it simply that the fabric doesnt drape properly? I don't have any pants from Luxire, but a lot of chino fabric doesn't drape well.
post #2947 of 12490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post

 

I'm not sure I like the area marked in the pictures above. While Ambrosi pants look natural the Luxire one doesn't. The arrows show, in my opinion, that there is too much fabric used to create the pleats. In this way, a rather flat rectangle (square) is created. Can anyone see it too? Other details are as always perfect but I'm not sure about this pleats. I wouldn't like every pair of single pleat pants to have the same look in this area. I suppose it was created because of the belt loops being placed in the same place as the pleat.

Nobody mentioned it before so maybe it's just me

Frankly, I think its perception. Somewhere, there is a mindset that a 500$ item must be better than a 90$ one.

I do not see an drape perfection in the Ambrosi either. Something to do with the nature of chinos. Also, the Luxire didn't even get ironed before the shoot.

post #2948 of 12490
I disagree. That was my first impression when looked at the photo. Something is not exactly right in the midsection. I cant explain the reason but you must see something isn't natural.
Regarding 500 $ trousers. I haven't stated anywhere they're worth 500. I have a luxire pair of pants and they're of a tremendous price-quality value.
post #2949 of 12490
Agreed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post

It looks to me more like there isn't enough fullness in the front of the upper legs to accommodate the pleat so it's pulling out and not draping nicely. Of course these are straight out of the box and so un-ironed, I suspect they are probably fine as Timo seems to understand what he wants and how to go about getting it.
-TTO
post #2950 of 12490
Expecting a pair of ripstop cargo pants with DAKS and belt loops. I should have them Monday night.
post #2951 of 12490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post

I'm not sure I like the area marked in the pictures above. While Ambrosi pants look natural the Luxire one doesn't. The arrows show, in my opinion, that there is too much fabric used to create the pleats. In this way, a rather flat rectangle (square) is created. Can anyone see it too? Other details are as always perfect but I'm not sure about this pleats. I wouldn't like every pair of single pleat pants to have the same look in this area. I suppose it was created because of the belt loops being placed in the same place as the pleat.

Nobody mentioned it before so maybe it's just me

This is because the pants are slightly too tight across the seat.

Increasing the seat measurements by an inch or so should take care of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasha View Post

When you raise the rise, your waist measurement, as a general proposition, should slightly increase. You, however, are simultaneously decreasing it. Your pants might turn out to be too tight in the waist.

not if you're not fat.
post #2952 of 12490
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

This is because the pants are slightly too tight across the seat.

Increasing the seat measurements by an inch or so should take care of it.
not if you're not fat.

Or ill-proportioned.
post #2953 of 12490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post

I disagree. That was my first impression when looked at the photo. Something is not exactly right in the midsection. I cant explain the reason but you must see something isn't natural.
Regarding 500 $ trousers. I haven't stated anywhere they're worth 500. I have a luxire pair of pants and they're of a tremendous price-quality value.


Something has blinded me. I will wait to see another image from op to hopefully disagree :)

post #2954 of 12490
re: pents creases.

I took them out of the package, which came from India to Vienna. Stuffed them in my Filson at work and took them home. Put them on before dinner (because I was so excited, lel). Sat around for two hours. Decided to get some quick pictures.

Of course, they cannot really be compared to Ambrosi pents and the measurements are not 100% right (it was the FIRST order), but excuse some wrinkles and pulling on fresh-out-of-the-box cotton pants nod[1].gif

Thanks for your input, though. It is much appreciated. The pants are indeed a bit tight in the seat.

I will tell Luxire to make the waist & waist (seam only) 0.25 wider for my new order. Do you guys think that will solve the issues?
Edited by timotune - 6/14/13 at 1:27am
post #2955 of 12490
Thread Starter 

 

 

Linen Safari Jacket

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread