or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 195

post #2911 of 14502
Regarding the DAKS waistband, if I were to adjust the elastic waistband, does the fabric scrunch up like a pair of pajamas? Or is that not how it works?
post #2912 of 14502
I just made the adjustments in my spreadsheet for pants V2.
The basic style will remain the same, also most of the measurements.
I will raise front and back-rise by around 0.75 / 1.0 inches, this also affects the length in the same dimension. Also, I will have made the waistband 0.5 inches tighter.

I will also tell Luxire to spare the left button-loop & make the right one a bit broader (around 0.75 inch broad).

Boring, as I am, I will again order two basic Chinos
http://luxire.com/products/light-tan-twill-chino
http://luxire.com/products/khaki-twill-chino
post #2913 of 14502
and it is done:

order is #3551, if anyone is interested.
post #2914 of 14502
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post

Regarding the DAKS waistband, if I were to adjust the elastic waistband, does the fabric scrunch up like a pair of pajamas? Or is that not how it works?

Would like to know this as well, as I have no experience with a daks waistband; is it truly elastic?
post #2915 of 14502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarium View Post


And that's the crux of all the problems of people wearing tacky clothing these days. Everyone thinks they know the rules and dress well and can get away with breaking some of them for what they'll call "sprezz."

 

facepalm.gif

Yep, everyone thinks they know it, but I actually know it. Big difference.

post #2916 of 14502
I liked the pleated jeans that were posted here. Maybe will do the same soon.
post #2917 of 14502
Timo, how did you do the measurements? Did you send them a pair of pents to copy, or did you just send them measurements off an existing pair?
post #2918 of 14502
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Timo, how did you do the measurements? Did you send them a pair of pents to copy, or did you just send them measurements off an existing pair?

I took several existing pairs, took their measurement and did an Excel-Spreadsheet. Then, I optimized some measurements (i. e. higher waist etc).
I sent Luxire several photos & they did a perfect job doing everything I want (except for the useless left belt-loop, but that was also partly my fault).
Measurements worked out really good for the first try, I would recommend the spreadsheet-method for everybody.
post #2919 of 14502
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

I have a full suit coming in a few weeks in Dugdale... It's half lined, so it should be a fair test of Luxire's abilities. I am expecting good things, as almost everything I have received so far has been great.

 

Did this suit arrive? If so, could you please provide some thoughts on how it turned out?

post #2920 of 14502
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

Measurements worked out really good for the first try, I would recommend the spreadsheet-method for everybody.

 

Definitely agreed on this - I took measurements from a pair of pants I already have and adjusted them a bit, and my pants came out really well. I don't see myself buying too many pairs of pants from anyone else in the future. Now, if only we could see some examples of suits / sportcoats, I may say the same for those as well! 

post #2921 of 14502
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post

I don't see myself buying too many pairs of pants from anyone else in the future.

this
post #2922 of 14502

Has anyone else seen a much larger wait time in getting responses from Luxire Customer Service recently?  I have either not gotten responses or they have been taking 4 - 5 days to get back to me.
 

post #2923 of 14502
Quote:
Originally Posted by moopband View Post

Has anyone else seen a much larger wait time in getting responses from Luxire Customer Service recently?  I have either not gotten responses or they have been taking 4 - 5 days to get back to me.
 

I just ping them back again in a day or two if I haven't heard a response. They're busy and I read somewhere they had email server issues. 

 

I asked them about some items I sent in to get fixed from my bad measurements. They didn't respond for a day or so and I just forwarded it back again and they got back to me within 10 minutes. 

post #2924 of 14502
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckb View Post

 

I don't see myself buying too many pairs of pants from anyone else in the future. 

Aaaahhhh!!! I didn't get my measurements right on the first pair so I had to send them in a few weeks ago. I'm dying to try them again. I want to order more from Luxire but I need to make sure my size is right. I've got some shirt orders to make but I wish they had more options for casual shirt patterns.

post #2925 of 14502
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

I took several existing pairs, took their measurement and did an Excel-Spreadsheet. Then, I optimized some measurements (i. e. higher waist etc).
I sent Luxire several photos & they did a perfect job doing everything I want (except for the useless left belt-loop, but that was also partly my fault).
Measurements worked out really good for the first try, I would recommend the spreadsheet-method for everybody.

Awesome, thanks. Just might give this a try.

How long did it take you to receive them?

They look great, btw.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread