or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 193

post #2881 of 12678
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuasaussey View Post

 

 

3.5" for a great collar roll for me. Anything between 3-4 will be fine for rolling, it's a matter of if it's unfused and unlined which will help get a great roll.

I was going to order a OCBD too and just wondering, what did you ask for your collars? I was thinking unfused and unlined but I'm not too sure. 

post #2882 of 12678
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Sure. Not a pleasant surprise, though. What did you order?

My pants just came in. Quick shot:

Impressed with the quality of fabric, seams, buttons etc so far. Can't wait to try them on tonight. Will post fit pics soon.

Also, new PS



@Luxire: Expect to get a loooooot of orders from me!
post #2883 of 12678
I have a rule of always having a order running at Luxire.
post #2884 of 12678

Is that a copper chino fabric?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post


My pants just came in. Quick shot:

Impressed with the quality of fabric, seams, buttons etc so far. Can't wait to try them on tonight. Will post fit pics soon.

Also, new PS



@Luxire: Expect to get a loooooot of orders from me!
post #2885 of 12678
yes, it is.
post #2886 of 12678

Have anyone addressed this issue? I drew some arrows on the picture. The black one is the reason, I think - forward shoulders. The red one is compression and blue the tension that is created in this case. It happens to my every shirt. Can luxire advice anything?

Sorry for the engineering approach

Edit:

Another thing, didn't want to create second post. The biggest issue I find about ordering anything more from Luxire is how to choose proper color, make sure it is compared to how it looks in the photo. Have a good description of the 'feel' of the fabric. I'd love to have a set of, say, pant fabric samples. One should estimate the price and why not buy something like to this if you know you're going to place more orders in the future? Is it even possible? What do you think?


Edited by ammanati - 6/12/13 at 5:10am
post #2887 of 12678
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuasaussey View Post

3.5" for a great collar roll for me. Anything between 3-4 will be fine for rolling, it's a matter of if it's unfused and unlined which will help get a great roll.

Yes. The amount of time people spend obsessing over button-down collar design is ridiculous. It's not rocket science.
post #2888 of 12678
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuasaussey View Post

 

Most people look great in a nice, subtle single forward pleat if the pants have a higher rise. I have broad hips, rear and thighs so pleats have benefited me immensely, to the point where I pleat everything apart from denim.

That's why I even pleated my denim ;)

post #2889 of 12678

Nice. But you opted for belt loops and suspender buttons? Isn't that overdoing it?

 

And I thought I read somewhere that the suspender buttons have to be further to the side than that picture shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post


My pants just came in. Quick shot:

 
post #2890 of 12678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

That's why I even pleated my denim ;)

I think there's a rule against things going on in denim. It's nice to experiment but I always thought denim should look like denim. Not pleated, cuffed, etc. But like I said, to each his own.

post #2891 of 12678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post

Have anyone addressed this issue? I drew some arrows on the picture. The black one is the reason, I think - forward shoulders. The red one is compression and blue the tension that is created in this case. It happens to my every shirt. Can luxire advice anything?

Sorry for the engineering approach

Edit:

Another thing, didn't want to create second post. The biggest issue I find about ordering anything more from Luxire is how to choose proper color, make sure it is compared to how it looks in the photo. Have a good description of the 'feel' of the fabric. I'd love to have a set of, say, pant fabric samples. One should estimate the price and why not buy something like to this if you know you're going to place more orders in the future? Is it even possible? What do you think?

 

The extra fabric just below the neck at the back is an easy fix by itself.

 

Your approach and analysis makes sense.

 

Adjustments related to shape of shoulders or any other fit issue is best addressed by looking at images of how the Luxire shirt fits. It gives us the idea of how to shape the yoke or what to change on the pattern for the next iteration.

 

Part 2 of your question:

I read a couple of times but was not able to bring myself to understand it. Please elaborate.

post #2892 of 12678
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

I think there's a rule against things going on in denim. It's nice to experiment but I always thought denim should look like denim. Not pleated, cuffed, etc. But like I said, to each his own.

Meh, you shouldn't live by each and every rule all the time. As long as you're aware of the rules and know how to dress accordingly, you can get away with breaking one every now and then. 

post #2893 of 12678
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Nice. But you opted for belt loops and suspender buttons? Isn't that overdoing it?

And I thought I read somewhere that the suspender buttons have to be further to the side than that picture shows.

no belt loops (actually, the one on the left is not supposed to be there, but I didn't clearly tell Luxire):



quick full shot, all rumpled



Will try to write a review soon, first impression is great.
post #2894 of 12678
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post



quick full shot, all rumpled



Will try to write a review soon, first impression is great.

 

Looks real good.

post #2895 of 12678
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


no belt loops (actually, the one on the left is not supposed to be there, but I didn't clearly tell Luxire):



quick full shot, all rumpled



Will try to write a review soon, first impression is great.

 

Is that a sort of self-belt? Or does it just close on the side? Either way, it looks great! Mind giving your order number? It's got me thinking, I might just order my next Luxire trousers with a self-belt, if they're capable of making that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread