or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 191

post #2851 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

I really think it's the angle, as my shoes do not look huge in real life. I'll see whether I can take a better picture one of these days. The thighs can't be any slimmer though, as my quads are simply too big wink.gif I contemplated working out my legs less in the gym, because most RTW pants are getting to be either too slim in the thighs or too wide in the leg opening and waist. But that would be ridiculous, I don't care about clothes enough to let them dictate the shape of my body.

Ah, I see I'm not the only one who's had that issue. That's what lead me to try Luxire's pants after wasting money on altered off the rack slacks. I don't know who some of the makers have mind on these pants sometines. I've had the same issue you described with some expensive Ben sherman pants I tried and the exact opposite with JAB where the thighs are saggy and the waist is way tighter than it should be.

 

I'll never buy off the rack trousers again if I can get them made by Luxire. It's the worth expense and time involved. Ive even had lower back issues due to poorly fitting pants. 

post #2852 of 12965
CruzAzul, looking good!
I would suggest to increase the armhole though to reduce the rippling in the sleeves.
Are those elastic cuffs on the sleeves?

EDIT:
Would love to see a collar like that on one of the Luxire polo shirts.
http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/shirts-knits/products/luchino-polo-shirt-bordeaux
post #2853 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

CruzAzul, looking good!
I would suggest to increase the armhole though to reduce the rippling in the sleeves.
Are those elastic cuffs on the sleeves?

EDIT:
Would love to see a collar like that on one of the Luxire polo shirts.
http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/shirts-knits/products/luchino-polo-shirt-bordeaux

is this collar similar to KW collars? those are sweet
post #2854 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewmoss View Post

This looks like the exact same collar I got on my last dress shirt order (which turned out very nice). There wasn't a name for it though and I referenced someone else's order number.  This style collar is really meant to be worn with a tie in my opinion and not without. When I first tried on the shirt I was worried that I had made a mistake in requesting this collar style. Then I put a tie on and it looked like what you see in a magazine...perfect draw up over the top button. I didn't even have to try hard to make that happen it just did naturally. I don't know about anyone else, but getting that perfect positioning can be really difficult with off the rack spread collars.  I have a couple of Tyrhwhitt cutaways and they don't achieve that natural draw up over the top button.

Do you a picture of you wearing it with a tie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewmoss View Post

Ah, I see I'm not the only one who's had that issue. That's what lead me to try Luxire's pants after wasting money on altered off the rack slacks. I don't know who some of the makers have mind on these pants sometines. I've had the same issue you described with some expensive Ben sherman pants I tried and the exact opposite with JAB where the thighs are saggy and the waist is way tighter than it should be.

 

I'll never buy off the rack trousers again if I can get them made by Luxire. It's the worth expense and time involved. Ive even had lower back issues due to poorly fitting pants. 

Yeah, most RTW pants are made for the average body type. This means that anyone else needs to buy custom made clothes in order to achieve a perfect fit.

post #2855 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

love this collar.

how much did this shirt run in USD?

->
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post

$69.99
post #2856 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post

Order # for the polo collar?

It has a back height of 2" and a 3.5" point length, but next time I think I'll dial the back height down to 1.75" or 1.5". It's a little high for such a soft material. 7" pullover placket with 3 buttons.
post #2857 of 12965

I'm very tempted to try some pants soon, probably in time for winter.

post #2858 of 12965
Also placed an order for the sky blue summer chambray.

I am looking to pick up some extremely breezy/cool dress shirts, so i can get more use out of my odd jackets here in Florida. Easier said than done, i know... ffffuuuu.gif
post #2859 of 12965

Can people list some of their favorite dress shirt fabrics?  I have about 7 shirts but looking for more and wanting to hear people's own favourite fabrics.

 

I am looking for a dress shirt to wear without a tie, not too thin and not wrinkle easily.   

 

My favourites:

 

1.  Subtle Navy Blue Grid - not offered anymore 

2.  Red Mini Gingham 

3.  Pink Graph Checks 


Edited by fridayfrenzy - 6/9/13 at 10:31pm
post #2860 of 12965

I have the pink mini graph check, posted a fit in MC Casual not long ago. It's cut for casual but I've been contemplating ordering another for business - great pattern. 

 

I had the red candy stripe oxford in my hands for a few minutes before sending it back.. probably my favorite one.

post #2861 of 12965
is it possible to get a length so you can wear it untucked and tucked?
post #2862 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

I have the pink mini graph check, posted a fit in MC Casual not long ago. It's cut for casual but I've been contemplating ordering another for business - great pattern. 

 

I had the red candy stripe oxford in my hands for a few minutes before sending it back.. probably my favorite one.

Do you like the red candy stripe oxford for casual or business?

post #2863 of 12965
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzAzul View Post

OK, here's a 2-for-1 of recent orders. This is a polo I ordered with a built-up custom collar like a dress shirt, made of the extremely nice white pique knit, and copper chinos with a cargo pocket. I emailed a picture of the type of pocket I wanted and they replicated it perfectly.

Very happy with both pieces but the cargo chinos in particular have been hugely useful for travel -- it's nice having a secure pocket for flat things like cards, bills and telephone.

 

Excellent! The pant is a great concept in the era of tablets and phablets.

 

Would also give a lot of confidence to polo fence sitters.

post #2864 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzAzul View Post

OK, here's a 2-for-1 of recent orders. This is a polo I ordered with a built-up custom collar like a dress shirt, made of the extremely nice white pique knit, and copper chinos with a cargo pocket. I emailed a picture of the type of pocket I wanted and they replicated it perfectly.

Very happy with both pieces but the cargo chinos in particular have been hugely useful for travel -- it's nice having a secure pocket for flat things like cards, bills and telephone.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

God dang that looks good.

post #2865 of 12965
Thanks, everyone. I would absolutely recommend having a polo made. The cotton pique is soft, stretchy, and really nice. It will shrink a little if you toss it in the dryer, so account for that if (like me) you generally beat the crap out of your casual clothes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread