or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 19

post #271 of 14622
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

You my dear friend are a god :P Also what would I put into notes for the collar I mentioned earlier:

 

1000

 

Ain't that a wonderful coincidence?  The linen we have had in stock are in the ballpark of what you needed.

 

That looks like a one-piece collar, unlined.

 

The notes would say:

 

"Collar shape as in the image http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/558627/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL "

 

You can also add "one-piece collar, unlined"

post #272 of 14622
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

 

Ain't that a wonderful coincidence?  The linen we have had in stock are in the ballpark of what you needed.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

That looks like a one-piece collar, unlined.

 

The notes would say:

 

"Collar shape as in the image http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/558627/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL "

 

You can also add "one-piece collar, unlined"

Weowww your quick, thanks Lux (what's your name by the

 

 

way, Aranud?) :P

P.S. I googled Arnaud and guess what wikipedia has a pic of a Luxire shirt for the definition of 'Dress Shirt' :)

post #273 of 14622
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

P.S. I googled Arnaud and guess what wikipedia has a pic of a Luxire shirt for the definition of 'Dress Shirt' :)

 

Theresa, Arnaud and Ashish, reply to these threads. We also keep a tab of all communications with customers and are thus able to fill in for each other as and when required.

 

Nice to see the image there. The collar looks nice too. Never looked so good before :) The shirt on Wikipedia is part of the Arnaud Rousseau Ready-to-wear collection which we would be relaunching soon.

 

 

The Charvet on the top of the same page is what we replicated for our Classic Vintage shirt. Someone commented that the shirt could easily replace the one in the museum :)


Edited by luxire - 11/13/12 at 8:45pm
post #274 of 14622
How long does it usually take to hear back from Luxire? I placed my first order last night along with a couple questions about the order. Just curious.

Thanks
post #275 of 14622
I've never waited more than a few hours.
post #276 of 14622
I've seen enough now that I'm finally ready to place my first order, after following this thread for a few weeks. Will have to size up some of my old MTM shirts to get the measurements down. What I really need are some biz casual BD collar shirts, which I have none of at the moment. I don't wear ties on a regular basis anymore, and I've really liked some of the collars I've seen in the pics posted here so far.
post #277 of 14622
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I've never waited more than a few hours.

Hmm, it's been over a day now. Guess I'll send them an email.
post #278 of 14622

Three weeks and counting...not sure if my shirts have been shipped (or even finished) yet.

 

A bit demotivating since it'll probably be a full month from the date I placed my order, but I'm hoping for the best. If the shirts fit like they should, the wait's worth it.

post #279 of 14622
Yeah been a few weeks here as well. I don't mind – I've waited longer for MTM shirts – but I am a little curious if I will be notified when they're done? Just wondering if I'm waiting for a shipping notification or an actual package.
post #280 of 14622
I have received a notification of shipment for previous orders.
post #281 of 14622
The delays in emails and product delivery can be frustrating and I have some stuff that's a bit overdue too. As Ashish and someone else mentioned above, they've been caused by the recent holiday season. Workers travel by foot or bus or other means of various reliability. So a couple day holiday may turn into an essential master pattern-maker, tailor, email checker, and/or packing clerk being gone for a week and a half. Then the next holiday begins... I've emailed Ashish about this recently and he's more frustrated than all of us. Every day he hopes this person or that person will be able to show up. He's trying to see it as a difficult learning experience for the first year in business and plans to make adjustments for next year. Hopefully things will calm down soon, and all the workers will be back from their sometimes-epic journeys. But as I've said to him a few times, "better right than rushed."
post #282 of 14622
SB: Thanks for clearing that up, I thought I read of others getting shipping notifications as well. Guess mine is still being made then. No worries. Having yet to hear a truly bad review, I feel fairly confident it will be worth the wait.
post #283 of 14622

I'm sure this is non-recurring. After all, this period of time is a major holiday in India.

 

If all goes well, I'm sure I'll be placing subsequent orders in the near future. And I'm confident it won't take nearly as long.

post #284 of 14622
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

The delays in emails and product delivery can be frustrating and I have some stuff that's a bit overdue too. As Ashish and someone else mentioned above, they've been caused by the recent holiday season. Workers travel by foot or bus or other means of various reliability. So a couple day holiday may turn into an essential master pattern-maker, tailor, email checker, and/or packing clerk being gone for a week and a half. Then the next holiday begins... I've emailed Ashish about this recently and he's more frustrated than all of us. Every day he hopes this person or that person will be able to show up. He's trying to see it as a difficult learning experience for the first year in business and plans to make adjustments for next year. Hopefully things will calm down soon, and all the workers will be back from their sometimes-epic journeys. But as I've said to him a few times, "better right than rushed."

 

Thank you m for summing it up perfectly.

 

Quality wise, we are uncompromising.

 

We are also committed to the 5 day delivery cycle and are working on building the infrastructure around it.

 

Some more amazing fabrics will be added over the next 3-4 days and would continue to be added in time for Christmas

 

Gift cards now available

post #285 of 14622
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaardal View Post

If the website states that there is a 5 day turnaround for orders, then being patient means that you wait for an extra couple of days before getting bothered.

I'm currently coming up on day 22 (or 15 business days) for the shirts that I ordered back in October. I'm bothered.

Managing expectations is pretty critical in business, so my recommendation to Luxire at the moment would be to double or triple their posted delivery times for their shirts - that way people are pleasantly surprised when the shirts arrive early, rather then annoyed that they have to send emails every week to find out why their order is late.

dkaardal

That is true, but common sense dictates that, no matter what the website says, there will be occasions through the year where the advertised times are not achievable. Think about it, you're getting MTM shirts, at a very high standard, for not a great deal of money. Waiting a little bit longer, on occasions, is hardly going to hurt you, nor is it reason for complaint here. Exercise some common sense and patience, at times, and everything will be fine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread