Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:38 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 174post #2596 of 176095/19/13 at 6:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2597 of 176095/19/13 at 7:10ampost #2598 of 176095/19/13 at 11:28ampost #2599 of 176095/19/13 at 11:33ampost #2600 of 176095/19/13 at 11:45amBut the work is minimally less, which is probably the cost driver. Differentiating prices between shorts and pants also leads to extra work, which again leads to higher prices. What about those who wants 11" shorts vs, those who want 5" shorts; same price? $60-$90 for MTM shorts is also ridiculously cheap as we pay the same for crap quality shorts here in Norway.post #2601 of 176095/20/13 at 10:06ampost #2602 of 176095/20/13 at 11:55amgot my shirt in the linen chambray in
fabric close up:
I like the fabric a lot. It's definitely very casual, but has a great texture and a lot of depth. It's a medium weight linen, and it's somewhat rough to the touch, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with especially sensitive skin.
I've also noticed that certain fabrics make up slimmer than others (despite having identical measurements from shirt-to-shirt), and this is more of a looser fitting fabric.
I don't know if I'd order another shirt in this fabric (it's pretty unique), but I'm very happy with it for the price. Should be great for the summer.post #2603 of 176095/20/13 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spurious
Ok, I am looking for a chambray fabric:
I got swatches for the following:
Sky Blue Summer Chambray
Blue Summer Chambray
Easy-to-Iron Blue Chambray
Tbh, I only find the Easy to Iron one appealing, but I am turned off by Easy to Iron.
Is there a comparable fabric?
Or is the Easy to Iron not as bad as I make it out to be?
Teger (I hope you read this),
can you provide your collar measurements or your order number?
I want to replicate your collar.
I literally just wrote 'I want a nice collar roll."
I think specifying collar point length/width/spacing is just too much micro managing.
it probably helps that I have a 16.6" neck on 18.5" shoulders and a 41.5" chest.
I've written a number of different things, including 'good OCBD style collar' or 'borrelli style collar' and they all turn out looking like that with no particular difference.post #2604 of 176095/20/13 at 12:15pmpost #2605 of 176095/20/13 at 11:55pmpost #2606 of 176095/21/13 at 7:15ampost #2607 of 176095/21/13 at 7:18ampost #2608 of 176095/21/13 at 8:28amQuote:
It took me a while (sorry about that), but here are a couple fit pics of the copper chino. The leg shape looks a little funky in the pictures, mostly because they're in need of a little ironing (this was more or less straight out of the package). It is a nice fabric, I'm pretty pleased. The shirt is luxire's blue striped oxford (also right out of the box, so somewhat wrinkly). The fabric on the shirt is just how you'd expect an oxford to be - nice and hefty (it seems considerably heavier than the purple striped oxford I have from them).post #2609 of 176095/21/13 at 9:42ampost #2610 of 176095/21/13 at 10:24amQuote:
You may have already tried this...but specifying hand-shanked buttonholes makes it a lot easier to do up the buttons in my experience. And the gauntlet button becomes easier if the same orientation as the cuff buttons.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 21 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 48 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 58 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 19 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan