Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 5:27 am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 174post #2596 of 207365/19/13 at 6:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2597 of 207365/19/13 at 7:10ampost #2598 of 207365/19/13 at 11:28ampost #2599 of 207365/19/13 at 11:33ampost #2600 of 207365/19/13 at 11:45amBut the work is minimally less, which is probably the cost driver. Differentiating prices between shorts and pants also leads to extra work, which again leads to higher prices. What about those who wants 11" shorts vs, those who want 5" shorts; same price? $60-$90 for MTM shorts is also ridiculously cheap as we pay the same for crap quality shorts here in Norway.post #2601 of 207365/20/13 at 10:06ampost #2602 of 207365/20/13 at 11:55amgot my shirt in the linen chambray in
fabric close up:
I like the fabric a lot. It's definitely very casual, but has a great texture and a lot of depth. It's a medium weight linen, and it's somewhat rough to the touch, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with especially sensitive skin.
I've also noticed that certain fabrics make up slimmer than others (despite having identical measurements from shirt-to-shirt), and this is more of a looser fitting fabric.
I don't know if I'd order another shirt in this fabric (it's pretty unique), but I'm very happy with it for the price. Should be great for the summer.post #2603 of 207365/20/13 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spurious
Ok, I am looking for a chambray fabric:
I got swatches for the following:
Sky Blue Summer Chambray
Blue Summer Chambray
Easy-to-Iron Blue Chambray
Tbh, I only find the Easy to Iron one appealing, but I am turned off by Easy to Iron.
Is there a comparable fabric?
Or is the Easy to Iron not as bad as I make it out to be?
Teger (I hope you read this),
can you provide your collar measurements or your order number?
I want to replicate your collar.
I literally just wrote 'I want a nice collar roll."
I think specifying collar point length/width/spacing is just too much micro managing.
it probably helps that I have a 16.6" neck on 18.5" shoulders and a 41.5" chest.
I've written a number of different things, including 'good OCBD style collar' or 'borrelli style collar' and they all turn out looking like that with no particular difference.post #2604 of 207365/20/13 at 12:15pmpost #2605 of 207365/20/13 at 11:55pmpost #2606 of 207365/21/13 at 7:15ampost #2607 of 207365/21/13 at 7:18ampost #2608 of 207365/21/13 at 8:28amQuote:
It took me a while (sorry about that), but here are a couple fit pics of the copper chino. The leg shape looks a little funky in the pictures, mostly because they're in need of a little ironing (this was more or less straight out of the package). It is a nice fabric, I'm pretty pleased. The shirt is luxire's blue striped oxford (also right out of the box, so somewhat wrinkly). The fabric on the shirt is just how you'd expect an oxford to be - nice and hefty (it seems considerably heavier than the purple striped oxford I have from them).post #2609 of 207365/21/13 at 9:42ampost #2610 of 207365/21/13 at 10:24amQuote:
You may have already tried this...but specifying hand-shanked buttonholes makes it a lot easier to do up the buttons in my experience. And the gauntlet button becomes easier if the same orientation as the cuff buttons.
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 23 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 6 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories