Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 3:51 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 174post #2596 of 238355/19/13 at 6:53ampost #2597 of 238355/19/13 at 7:10ampost #2598 of 238355/19/13 at 11:28ampost #2599 of 238355/19/13 at 11:33ampost #2600 of 238355/19/13 at 11:45amBut the work is minimally less, which is probably the cost driver. Differentiating prices between shorts and pants also leads to extra work, which again leads to higher prices. What about those who wants 11" shorts vs, those who want 5" shorts; same price? $60-$90 for MTM shorts is also ridiculously cheap as we pay the same for crap quality shorts here in Norway.post #2601 of 238355/20/13 at 10:06ampost #2602 of 238355/20/13 at 11:55amgot my shirt in the linen chambray in
fabric close up:
I like the fabric a lot. It's definitely very casual, but has a great texture and a lot of depth. It's a medium weight linen, and it's somewhat rough to the touch, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with especially sensitive skin.
I've also noticed that certain fabrics make up slimmer than others (despite having identical measurements from shirt-to-shirt), and this is more of a looser fitting fabric.
I don't know if I'd order another shirt in this fabric (it's pretty unique), but I'm very happy with it for the price. Should be great for the summer.post #2603 of 238355/20/13 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spurious
Ok, I am looking for a chambray fabric:
I got swatches for the following:
Sky Blue Summer Chambray
Blue Summer Chambray
Easy-to-Iron Blue Chambray
Tbh, I only find the Easy to Iron one appealing, but I am turned off by Easy to Iron.
Is there a comparable fabric?
Or is the Easy to Iron not as bad as I make it out to be?
Teger (I hope you read this),
can you provide your collar measurements or your order number?
I want to replicate your collar.
I literally just wrote 'I want a nice collar roll."
I think specifying collar point length/width/spacing is just too much micro managing.
it probably helps that I have a 16.6" neck on 18.5" shoulders and a 41.5" chest.
I've written a number of different things, including 'good OCBD style collar' or 'borrelli style collar' and they all turn out looking like that with no particular difference.post #2604 of 238355/20/13 at 12:15pmpost #2605 of 238355/20/13 at 11:55pmpost #2606 of 238355/21/13 at 7:15ampost #2607 of 238355/21/13 at 7:18ampost #2608 of 238355/21/13 at 8:28amQuote:
It took me a while (sorry about that), but here are a couple fit pics of the copper chino. The leg shape looks a little funky in the pictures, mostly because they're in need of a little ironing (this was more or less straight out of the package). It is a nice fabric, I'm pretty pleased. The shirt is luxire's blue striped oxford (also right out of the box, so somewhat wrinkly). The fabric on the shirt is just how you'd expect an oxford to be - nice and hefty (it seems considerably heavier than the purple striped oxford I have from them).post #2609 of 238355/21/13 at 9:42ampost #2610 of 238355/21/13 at 10:24amQuote:
You may have already tried this...but specifying hand-shanked buttonholes makes it a lot easier to do up the buttons in my experience. And the gauntlet button becomes easier if the same orientation as the cuff buttons.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 7 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 11 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...