or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 171

post #2551 of 14591

Is there anyone with a Mercer collar who can post all the relevant measurement info for those who'd like to match it? That would be much appreciated.

post #2552 of 14591
Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Originally Posted by burghler View Post

Sorry for not posting earlier.  Here are a couple quick (and crappy) pics of the Mercer collar.  Don't mind the tie knot.  

 

I'm pretty happy with it but will make a few modifications on my next order.  I'll reduce the tie space, widen the spread, and lengthen the collar points slightly.  

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here are my measurements from the Mercer collar: 3 7/16" collar points, 2" back collar height, 1 5/8 collar band height.  I never measured the tie space or collar spread but they look to be about 1" and 2 1/2"??, respectively.  On my next order, which hasn't been placed yet, I will reduce the tie space by about 1/4" and widen the button placement by 1/4" on each side.  I hope this helps.

post #2553 of 14591
Thread Starter 

Mails in control now, I guess.

 

 

White Polo shirt:

 

post #2554 of 14591
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

White Polo shirt:

Is that mine? It looks like mine. I specified a large collar with a little bit of structure, long placket and short sleeves -- a bit of Sunspel Riviera meets Tom Ford, designed to work under a suit jacket. Kind of excited now!
post #2555 of 14591
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzAzul View Post

Is that mine? It looks like mine. I specified a large collar with a little bit of structure, long placket and short sleeves -- a bit of Sunspel Riviera meets Tom Ford, designed to work under a suit jacket. Kind of excited now!
Looks great. Love the collar

Looks great! Love the collar shape and the sartorial inspirations. How much did that run you? I do need some new polos... sly.gif
post #2556 of 14591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post

Chuck,

how thick would you say the copper chino fabric is? Is it ok for all year round chinos? Isn't it to thick for the summer? Considering London weather, they probably won't be to thick ;). Please write something more on the fabric itself. Thanks

It's certainly not a lightweight fabric, but not super thick either.  It's roughly what I would expect from a chino fabric, weight-wise.  I'd choose to wear something else  (linen, probably) if I were planning on being outside for a long time on the hottest summer days where I live, but given what I know about london weather I think you're less likely to experience 100+ degree days with high humidity.  I would wear them on very cold days (with long johns underneath) but again, I think the winters here (Minnesota) are substantially colder than most other places.

Anyways, I'm quite pleased with the pants, despite the time it took for them to be produced and the fact that they didn't arrive with suspender buttons as I requested.

post #2557 of 14591

I was thinking about having something like this: http://instagram.com/p/XEOZ_CFM_L/

 

But as the ones in the photo are 17oz and copper chino from luxire is 250g than I don't think they're to thick. I'll have to consider this fabric than.

Please upload some photos wearing them.

post #2558 of 14591
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradSchooler View Post

Looks great! Love the collar shape and the sartorial inspirations. How much did that run you? I do need some new polos... sly.gif

$69.99, son.

If I got the measurements right I'm going to do a long-sleeved version too and will be keen to see additional colour options.
post #2559 of 14591
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzAzul View Post


$69.99, son.

If I got the measurements right I'm going to do a long-sleeved version too and will be keen to see additional colour options.

Yeah, I'm waiting on other colors too.

post #2560 of 14591

Luxire, if you let me know what measurements you want I'd be happy to measure the collar of the mercer buttondown shirt I have.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammanati View Post

I was thinking about having something like this: http://instagram.com/p/XEOZ_CFM_L/

 

But as the ones in the photo are 17oz and copper chino from luxire is 250g than I don't think they're to thick. I'll have to consider this fabric than.

Please upload some photos wearing them.

The copper chino is a different color from the pants in that picture - maybe a bit darker and less yellow? As far as weight goes, 250g is much lighter than 17oz (17oz is 480g), so if you're after that maybe you'd be better off with something like the Khaki heavy twill or moleskin?

I'm getting the pants back from the alterations tailor on Saturday, so won't be able to post pictures until then.

post #2561 of 14591
I'm not sure why people are obsessed w/ Mercer collars. They work for some, but not for others. Each person needs to find what suits his/her physical features and preferences.

But fwiw, Here's Luxire's standard BD, which is perfect imo:
AppleMark

AppleMark

It happens to be unlined and unfused, but you can get a good collar roll w/ lined and/or fused collars.

And it happens to have 1/2" collar space and 3.25" long points. That looks good for my face, 15.5" neck, and four-in-hand knots. But imho the thing to do is to find the right configuration for you, not to duplicate a RTW brand.
post #2562 of 14591
That does look damn good.
post #2563 of 14591
Luxire,

We are having a discussion over in the Oz members' thread re oxford cloths.

I was looking on your site, and I believe that those currently labelled "Royal" oxfords are actually "Pinpoint" oxfords.

They have the fine square weave rather than the diamond weave, and don't have the sheen of a Royal oxford.

I might be mistaken, though. I'm not 100% sure of the difference between each.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Royal (diamond)



Pinpoint (square)



Your "Royal" oxford

post #2564 of 14591
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Luxire,

We are having a discussion over in the Oz members' thread re oxford cloths.

I was looking on your site, and I believe that those currently labelled "Royal" oxfords are actually "Pinpoint" oxfords.

They have the fine square weave rather than the diamond weave, and don't have the sheen of a Royal oxford.

I might be mistaken, though. I'm not 100% sure of the difference between each.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Royal (diamond)



Pinpoint (square)



Your "Royal" oxford

 

In my understanding, Oxofrd is a standard consistent weave.

 

The difference in pinpoint and royal pertain to:

 

1. The count of the yarn used

2. The construction of the weave. The Royal oxford is tightly woven which gives it a sheen.

At times, if there is a difference in the count of the warp and weft yarns, the structure can appear different, like the diamond and square you mention. As far as I am aware, that is not a factor in calling it pinpoint or royal.

 

Will be glad to be corrected though.

post #2565 of 14591
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

In my understanding, Oxofrd is a standard consistent weave.

The difference in pinpoint and royal pertain to:

1. The count of the yarn used
2. The construction of the weave. The Royal oxford is tightly woven which gives it a sheen.
At times, if there is a difference in the count of the warp and weft yarns, the structure can appear different, like the diamond and square you mention. As far as I am aware, that is not a factor in calling it pinpoint or royal.

Will be glad to be corrected though.

I don't know that much about it either, I was just wondering. I have one of your Royal Oxfords (pink), and it certainly does not have the sheen of other Royal Oxfords I have seen (which is not a problem for me). This lead me to believe it might be pinpoint.

Perhaps someone will step in and definitively answer this.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread