Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1593

post #23881 of 25409
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.henrik View Post

Anyone went to the Stockholm trunkshow show?

I was also there yesterday.

post #23882 of 25409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazsy View Post

I was also there yesterday.

Is the plan that they come back for fitting or is it shipped back?
post #23883 of 25409

For this inital run, they come back for a fitting in November, then deliver the final garment in December. The idea, or so I gathered, is to return frequently so as to create a "slot" each month where one can come for fittings etc., however @luxire will probably elaborate on their plans once they've had some well-earned rest after the trunk show tour!

post #23884 of 25409
Yes their plan is to come here often and have more personal contact with the customers. I hope their plan will succeed because that opportunity would be something extraordinary on the market.

I was "only" there to improve my pants and shirt patterns but plan to try a jacket later if Luxires plan works out well.
post #23885 of 25409
Quote:
Originally Posted by angusangus View Post

Off-topic: for your interest, the Vitsoe shelving system, which was the 'inspiration' for that Ikea system.

I love me some Dieter Rams but I think the IKEA one is actually an improvement for this particular application, for a few reasons:
  1. Load is balanced at the middle of each shelf or drawer unit rather than at the back.
  2. Anodized posts look better than empty slotted track sections.
  3. Minimally destructive: Tension posts are attached only to the ceiling by three screws each. My entire wall of shelving is affixed with 15 screws, all on the ceiling and none on the wall.
post #23886 of 25409

my Luxire unconstructed linen/cotton canvas sport coat:

 

tumblr_oek3c9x2Rz1r8bgano1_1280.jpg 

 

tumblr_oek3d7HNtk1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

 

Details

post #23887 of 25409

Hi all,

 

I received my test pants in the mail last week and am looking for some critiques. I ordered the rust chino and was going for a casual feel, hence the slimness and the small ankle opening. The pants have been washed a few times and tumbled dry with no heat. I know they are short, I plan on adding a bit to the length. I am very happy with the pants; they have immediately become my most comfortable pants and I think this is a great starting place to tweak the measurements.

 

 

I notice bunching in the seat, what should I change in my measurements to avoid this problem in the future?

 

Also, if I want to widen the legs for the next pair (for a more conventional fit), should I add to the dimensions at all three places (thigh, knee, ankle) equally, or what?

 

Any and all advice/criticism is welcome.

 

Thank you.

post #23888 of 25409
Quote:
Originally Posted by frei1689 View Post
 

Hi all,

 

I received my test pants in the mail last week and am looking for some critiques. I ordered the rust chino and was going for a casual feel, hence the slimness and the small ankle opening. The pants have been washed a few times and tumbled dry with no heat. I know they are short, I plan on adding a bit to the length. I am very happy with the pants; they have immediately become my most comfortable pants and I think this is a great starting place to tweak the measurements.

 

 

I notice bunching in the seat, what should I change in my measurements to avoid this problem in the future?

 

Also, if I want to widen the legs for the next pair (for a more conventional fit), should I add to the dimensions at all three places (thigh, knee, ankle) equally, or what?

 

Any and all advice/criticism is welcome.

 

Thank you.

You can also send these to Luxire in a mail as they have much better experience and possibilities to help you. I did this a few times with both pants and shirts and they will gladly help you and are very good at that.

post #23889 of 25409
Now that my formal fits are pretty dialled in I'm starting to think about casual stuff. I'm definitely going to send in some of my own chinos and a casual shirt. Is it best for me to send them to the India address direct or to the USA address from the UK? Is there a standard way of sending them? I'm a little wary of the Indian postal service and don't want them to get lost. Thanks.
post #23890 of 25409
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddahman View Post

Now that my formal fits are pretty dialled in I'm starting to think about casual stuff. I'm definitely going to send in some of my own chinos and a casual shirt. Is it best for me to send them to the India address direct or to the USA address from the UK? Is there a standard way of sending them? I'm a little wary of the Indian postal service and don't want them to get lost. Thanks.


Luxire use Fedex.

There's an option to pay for a shipping label and they'll send you a pdf. All you do is arrange pickup at your house. Easy-peasy.

 

Works really well.

post #23891 of 25409
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRiis View Post


Luxire use Fedex.
There's an option to pay for a shipping label and they'll send you a pdf. All you do is arrange pickup at your house. Easy-peasy.

Works really well.

Thanks for the help. Hoping I won't be without my stuff for too long. I imagine I can choose my items and put in the notes that I want them to copy the items I'm sending in.
post #23892 of 25409
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddahman View Post


Thanks for the help. Hoping I won't be without my stuff for too long. I imagine I can choose my items and put in the notes that I want them to copy the items I'm sending in.

 

Here's the process:

You place your order and put "sending in mankini for measurements" in the comments

Luxire will email you and ask how much your mankini weighs

Luxire send you a shipping label

You print the label (you need two copies - at least in Denmark), order the pickup and put the mankini in an envelope

The pickup-guy will have the plastic-envelope-freight-doc-holder-thing in his truck

It usually takes less than a month from pick-up-> delivery (Fedex takes 2-3 days each way typically)

 

Enjoy your brand new super soft flannel mankini. :)

post #23893 of 25409
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRiis View Post

Here's the process:
You place your order and put "sending in mankini for measurements" in the comments
Luxire will email you and ask how much your mankini weighs
Luxire send you a shipping label
You print the label (you need two copies - at least in Denmark), order the pickup and put the mankini in an envelope
The pickup-guy will have the plastic-envelope-freight-doc-holder-thing in his truck
It usually takes less than a month from pick-up-> delivery (Fedex takes 2-3 days each way typically)

Enjoy your brand new super soft flannel mankini. smile.gif

Thanks! I can't wait for my Minnis nipple tassels.
post #23894 of 25409
I would like to have some collar advice.
For me widespread collars work best. However, I would like a button down collar for my next order. Any suggestions for a button down with a bit more spread? (And a nice roll of course). I plan to wear it casual without a tie.
Thanks in advance!
post #23895 of 25409
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeT View Post

I would like to have some collar advice.
For me widespread collars work best. However, I would like a button down collar for my next order. Any suggestions for a button down with a bit more spread? (And a nice roll of course). I plan to wear it casual without a tie.
Thanks in advance!

 

Broke and Bespoke Button Down Collar, or Timo BD V2 are a good places to start.

 

There is a Luxire Collar Spreadsheet floating around where you can see examples.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread