i believe you can ask them to prewash for you to mitigate any potential shrinkage
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- . Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 12/7/16 at 3:49pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1591post #23852 of 246929/30/16 at 8:58amQuote:Originally Posted by aj805
I'm just getting into having shirts made by Luxire. Many of them will be casual oxford, linens, cottons that I'd like to launder at home (cold wash, hang dry).
What would the group recommend in terms of dealing with shrinkage. Will Luxire provide accurate shrinkage estimates for each fabric before ordering so that I might adjust measurements as necessary?
One of the key reasons I buy fewer shirts from Luxire than pants - I've experienced different rates of shrinkage depending on fabric.
I think they supposedly pre-wash the fabric to limit shrinkage, but I've treated my shirts no different from OTR and other manufacturers yet it seems to be more of a problem.post #23853 of 246929/30/16 at 7:59pmpost #23854 of 2469210/1/16 at 5:22ampost #23855 of 2469210/1/16 at 7:13am
I am about to order my second shirt from Luxire - could someone recommend a business-appropriate shirt fabric that is medium blue (i.e. darker than “light” or “sky blue”) in color. Might be either solid or micro-pattern (hairline, herringbone) and preferably priced under $100.
To get the idea what shade of blue I am looking for, I attached the picture with the swatches I received from Luxire (some popular fabrics like Sky Blue Oxford or Sky Blue Summer Chambray) along with one of my RTW shirts, which I consider “medium blue”. Thanks in advance for any help :-)post #23856 of 2469210/1/16 at 7:51ampost #23857 of 2469210/1/16 at 11:39ampost #23858 of 2469210/1/16 at 11:46ampost #23859 of 2469210/1/16 at 12:57pmpost #23860 of 2469210/1/16 at 1:01pmpost #23861 of 2469210/1/16 at 5:14pmpost #23862 of 2469210/1/16 at 6:26pmpost #23863 of 2469210/2/16 at 1:54ampost #23864 of 2469210/2/16 at 2:38amQuote:Dugdale brown moleskin is very nice, but has a college professor vibe to it.
Dugdale flannel is very nice too, but I've only seen it in grey. I guess brown is pretty much the same only different.
The moleskin is great for fall/winter - will pair well with knits and tweed.
Edit: I realized my moleskins are dark green, not brown. Still very nice and warm though.
Edited by CDRiis - 10/2/16 at 6:24ampost #23865 of 2469210/2/16 at 8:35am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › What to wear with this shirt? 11 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 27 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 28 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 32 minutes ago
- › Jomers 32 minutes ago
- › New Tie - What to wear with it? 37 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 45 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...