Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 158post #2356 of 188405/2/13 at 1:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2357 of 188405/2/13 at 2:00pmQuote:
Hmm, I'll consider the lustrous fine white more seriously then. I also have a swatch of the superfine white (200/2), but of the two just mentioned I favour the lustrous one.
Is my assumption that higher number equals a shirt more prone to wrinkling correct? (i.e. that a 200/2 shirt wrinkles easier than a 140/2 shirt)post #2358 of 188405/2/13 at 6:31pmpost #2359 of 188405/3/13 at 2:00amQuote:
I'll post some pics wearing the trousers this weekendpost #2360 of 188405/3/13 at 2:04ampost #2361 of 188405/3/13 at 2:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Xtra
Would you go for a lustrous fine white (140/2) or a white twill for a dress shirt? I've got swatches of both fabrics, and visually I like the texture of the white twill better than the lustrous fine white, but I'm a bit unsure of what is the "right" choice here.
Note: I use suits a couple of times a year, for semi-formal/formal events. I'm thinking a white dress shirt with FC for the more formal events.
For the light blue dress shirt I will probably go with the pale blue poplin 2/100 and button cuffs.
I was wondering and finally went for the Lustrous Fine White. It is really a nice fabric. I would choose it over twill if you want dress shirt.post #2362 of 188405/3/13 at 6:22amThread Starterpost #2363 of 188405/3/13 at 6:26ampost #2364 of 188405/3/13 at 7:55ampost #2365 of 188405/3/13 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #2366 of 188405/3/13 at 8:46ampost #2367 of 188405/3/13 at 9:33amThread Starterpost #2368 of 188405/3/13 at 10:27amThread Starterpost #2369 of 188405/3/13 at 11:27am
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › things that are making you happy 17 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 17 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...