Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBeach Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- brandBespoke Englandtagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Most common style mistakes Last post on 6/18/11 at 4:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt, megacowl shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 158post #2356 of 164835/2/13 at 1:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2357 of 164835/2/13 at 2:00pmQuote:
Hmm, I'll consider the lustrous fine white more seriously then. I also have a swatch of the superfine white (200/2), but of the two just mentioned I favour the lustrous one.
Is my assumption that higher number equals a shirt more prone to wrinkling correct? (i.e. that a 200/2 shirt wrinkles easier than a 140/2 shirt)post #2358 of 164835/2/13 at 6:31pmpost #2359 of 164835/3/13 at 2:00amQuote:
I'll post some pics wearing the trousers this weekendpost #2360 of 164835/3/13 at 2:04ampost #2361 of 164835/3/13 at 2:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Xtra
Would you go for a lustrous fine white (140/2) or a white twill for a dress shirt? I've got swatches of both fabrics, and visually I like the texture of the white twill better than the lustrous fine white, but I'm a bit unsure of what is the "right" choice here.
Note: I use suits a couple of times a year, for semi-formal/formal events. I'm thinking a white dress shirt with FC for the more formal events.
For the light blue dress shirt I will probably go with the pale blue poplin 2/100 and button cuffs.
I was wondering and finally went for the Lustrous Fine White. It is really a nice fabric. I would choose it over twill if you want dress shirt.post #2362 of 164835/3/13 at 6:22amThread Starterpost #2363 of 164835/3/13 at 6:26ampost #2364 of 164835/3/13 at 7:55ampost #2365 of 164835/3/13 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #2366 of 164835/3/13 at 8:46ampost #2367 of 164835/3/13 at 9:33amThread Starterpost #2368 of 164835/3/13 at 10:27amThread Starterpost #2369 of 164835/3/13 at 11:27am
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › (A)Kazakhstan V Iceland live 2 minutes ago
- › Foo shops for a Japanese knife 4 minutes ago
- › Czech Rep. V Latvia live free 4 minutes ago
- › XXKazakhstan vs Iceland live 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...