2 x shirts and 2 x trousers are shipping, in under a month, and this includes a late modification to the trouser pattern on my part and a query on collar shapes from Luxire! Very impressed.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 1:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- . Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:20 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1566post #23476 of 249778/12/16 at 2:50ampost #23477 of 249778/12/16 at 6:10am
I wonder if anyone can offer ideas for a fabric for a jacket I'm looking to have made.
It will be an unstructured, fully lined jacket for mainly "winter" wear--which in my southern area means typically between low 50s and upper 70s--and would go well with mid- and light-gray worsteds and flannels, and could do both dressy and more casual.
I'm thinking of a winter hopsack for its texture (although I have no experience with this fabric type) in something around 10-12oz, like this one:
...although I'd like something a bit darker and less saturated than that comes off.
Suggestions appreciated.post #23478 of 249778/12/16 at 8:05amThread StarterQuote:
We have some ribs available. Raw images below.
Availabe Collar Rib Option: (Click to show)
post #23479 of 249778/12/16 at 3:59pmQuote:
What a combo! Just wondering, is the stitching around the pockets on the rust pants standard stitching, or you specifically asked for it? If it's not standard, mind sharing how you described that to Luxire?post #23480 of 249778/12/16 at 10:36pmpost #23481 of 249778/12/16 at 11:35pm
I have hard time finding some useful side adjusters...
I've tried DAKS adjusters and I do not find them useful at all.
Then I've tried metal side adjusters which are fine but I do not like the creasing it makes on side of pants while tightened (it was located on waistband seam).
Maybe the creasing of fabric while tightened can be solved with different adjuster location (adjuster on waistband, adjuster on waistband seam, adjuster below the waistband).
What do you think? What works the best for you? Or is there any better solution then metal side adjusters which is suitable for dress pants?post #23482 of 249778/13/16 at 12:58ampost #23483 of 249778/13/16 at 4:28am
Hey there guys, I am an avid reader of this thread (and customer of Luxire) and I just wanted to share my experience with getting a suit made with Luxire so far.
I was hoping to get some feedback/constructive criticism from others on here before I progress on with my proper suit order (the below is a trial).
So I have been using Luxire for shirts and trousers for some time now and have found it fantastic. As such I wanted to have a crack at having a suit made. Like a few on here have mentioned I think my trouser size works great, but it is hard finding good jackets so I wanted to see how Luxire went about it (planning to get more suits in the future if it works well).
I sent in a jacket I have from Beams Plus which I believe fits be quite well and was the sort of thing I am looking for (3 roll 2 and patch pockets etc.). The main alteration was having the buttons in the right place (as I had the jacket sleeves let down). They managed to do this on the first trial jacket, but not the second for some reason, which is a shame.
I ordered a trial jacket and trousers in the military olive canvas. With hindsight this was not the best choice as it has a slight viscose-y feel to it. I am hoping this might reduce after having it dry-cleaned.
Luxire said that they were not happy with the jacket and so produced me another in a chino fabric - which was very kind of them! So in the end I ended up with two jackets, not bad!
All in all the process took a couple of months, which is longer than my usual orders, but to be expected considering the more complicated nature of creating a jacket.
Disclaimer - all pictures below are straight out of the box.
First pictures are off the Beams jacket I sent in for replication (including older shirt and trousers from Luxire). The second lot of pictures are of the trial jacket in the Chino material. The last pictures are of the trial suit in the Military Olive Canvas.
I have had some issues with the pleats on the trousers. This time round I asked them to extend them and make them more 'closed' because they always seem quite open and not neat - not sure how to resolve this issue?
I think they did a decent job on the jackets, although although the roll and the shoulders could use some work.
As I said above all comments are welcome. My final suit order was planned to be with the Brisbane Moss Canvas, but now I am thinking that a VBC fabric may come out better. I thought this post also might be of interest to some considering the upcoming suit offer Luxire are proposing.
Cheers,Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Find pictures below - spoilered for ease of reading.
post #23484 of 249778/13/16 at 9:17am
The chino jacket it looks like they simply copied the location of the sleeve buttons from the sample you provided, which is unfortunate. Normally I think they would confirm such irregular details before making.
The pleats look weird to me. The "normal" pleats-which close closer to the waistband--look fine normally on Luxire pants. Not sure what you dislike about them.post #23485 of 249778/13/16 at 9:28amQuote:Luxire said that they were not happy with the jacket and so produced me another in a chino fabric - which was very kind of them! So in the end I ended up with two jackets, not bad!
So they made you a jacket in the fabric you wanted, and they thought it needed improvement, so they sent you a "better" item in a fabric you didn't want? That sounds odd; did you at least get to pick the fabric of the altered jacket?post #23486 of 249778/13/16 at 10:09ampost #23487 of 249778/13/16 at 12:45pmpost #23488 of 249778/13/16 at 1:59pmQuote:
You'll probably want a totally different pattern, unless you want dress jeans for some reason. Getting the style right is a bit of a different fight from just getting the measurements down.post #23489 of 249778/14/16 at 5:59amThread Starterpost #23490 of 249778/14/16 at 6:21am
Very happy with the jacket, very happy with the shirt and happiest with the trousers.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 29 seconds ago
- › Tom Ford Suit - Filleted and Gutted 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones (C&J) Hallam - 9.5 UK - gently worn 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Petition to President Donald J. Trump - bring back US shoe... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Future of the Democratic Party Threak 4 minutes ago
- › Tricker's - Tricker's x Norse Zug 9,5UK 4 minutes ago
- › Alden indy cigar, captoe cigar shell cordovan 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...