or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1536

post #23026 of 24658
First wearing of the Navy Sports Mesh polo shirt with KnitCruzCollar and extended 4-button placket:



Apologies for the Stygian darkness; ongoing weather conditions suggest the End of Days.

Liking the material so far. Soft as jersey but very breathable.

Edit: Sometimes it's apparent that English is not my first language.
Edited by CruzAzul - 7/5/16 at 11:50am
post #23027 of 24658
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

 

Thank you for writing.

 

Am not sure how to react. In my experience so far, the Luxire customer is very conscious about quality. So, even if our manufactured offerings are value priced, I strongly believe that they are bought because of the "absolute quality" and not because they are "comparatively better".

 

There are not many makers of good socks and underwear in the lower price segment. Not any I know of.

 

Remember, we are not trying to sell Gucci or Burberry. Zimmerli, Pantherella etc. are not luxury. They are just high quality, the best that are made. Like Luxire, they are small factories, proud people, working hard, working with passion, trying to make quality products.

 

I do not see a mismatch between them and Luxire. I see Luxire customers posting pictures of themselves in Luxire clothing and Rolex watches. That is how I see Luxire. 

 

So, the choices are:

1. Do not sell socks and underwear

2. Sell inferior ones at value price

3. Sell quality ones at the best price possible

 

To my mind, there are no choices here.

 

As for the ties, we were selling them for $49.99. They were still "lined, six fold, hand rolled edges, without tipping".  With the new development and the Italian fabrics, the pricing dynamics have completely changed. If we do good volumes, over time,we can possibly expect good discount on fabrics.

Do compare and see: Luxire ties are no way inferior than any other brand of ties in the world and much superior than most SF approved brands I have seen.

 

We want people to associate Luxire with quality. "If it is on Luxire, it must be really good".

 

We make quality affordable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

That is my world of Luxire. Do share what you think about us.

 

I never said you weren't quality.  I have been very happy with my shirts and pants.  However, let's remember that your shirts and pants are significantly less expensive than getting made to measure or bespoke clothes locally.  I doubt you'll be able to sell products like the ones you listed at a discount relative to others.  So, I may be ordering some shirts, and go "I really need some undershirts to go with" and add-on, but I'm not coming to you explicitly for undershirts.

When I think of Luxire, I think of really good made to measure clothing with the limitless ability to customize.  This allows me to buy shirts and pants (I haven't purchased anything else yet) exactly how I want them for a RTW shirt I can purchase locally.

 

I'm not saying don't do it.  I'm not saying you're inferior quality and not the level of SF approved brands.  I'm saying that in one post you compare your ties to Sam Hober's quality but at a fraction of the price.  Then you start talking about selling very high end underwear and socks.  Perhaps you don't consider Pantherella or other brands you listed as luxury, but I do.  No one I work with buy $20 pairs of socks, and they would laugh at the suggestion of paying that much.

 

You have obviously been doing very well, but if I was in your shoes, I would be focusing my efforts on a better website (which looks like it is progressing) and more options for your production side.  That seems to be your strongest advantage, and I would think your margins are a bit better than reselling pre-made goods (but I have no idea what those brands do for wholesaling).

 

For the record, my favorite brand of socks is Falke - they seem to hold up better than Pantherella in my experience.

post #23028 of 24658
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
 

 

I never said you weren't quality.  I have been very happy with my shirts and pants.  However, let's remember that your shirts and pants are significantly less expensive than getting made to measure or bespoke clothes locally.  I doubt you'll be able to sell products like the ones you listed at a discount relative to others.  So, I may be ordering some shirts, and go "I really need some undershirts to go with" and add-on, but I'm not coming to you explicitly for undershirts.

When I think of Luxire, I think of really good made to measure clothing with the limitless ability to customize.  This allows me to buy shirts and pants (I haven't purchased anything else yet) exactly how I want them for a RTW shirt I can purchase locally.

 

I'm not saying don't do it.  I'm not saying you're inferior quality and not the level of SF approved brands.  I'm saying that in one post you compare your ties to Sam Hober's quality but at a fraction of the price.  Then you start talking about selling very high end underwear and socks.  Perhaps you don't consider Pantherella or other brands you listed as luxury, but I do.  No one I work with buy $20 pairs of socks, and they would laugh at the suggestion of paying that much.

 

You have obviously been doing very well, but if I was in your shoes, I would be focusing my efforts on a better website (which looks like it is progressing) and more options for your production side.  That seems to be your strongest advantage, and I would think your margins are a bit better than reselling pre-made goods (but I have no idea what those brands do for wholesaling).

 

For the record, my favorite brand of socks is Falke - they seem to hold up better than Pantherella in my experience.

 

Thank you for initiating this discussion. I know you as a customer and your love for quality.

 

 

Will get to work on making the other products, apart from shirts and pants compelling enough for you to buy.

post #23029 of 24658
Thread Starter 

White on white seersucker. @emptym has been tempting us with that CMT shirt he got made. Finally, we have a similar fabric.

 

post #23030 of 24658
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

 

Thank you for initiating this discussion. I know you as a customer and your love for quality.

 

 

Will get to work on making the other products, apart from shirts and pants compelling enough for you to buy.

 

It isn't anything you are doing wrong.  It is just I currently work in a casual environment where people think I'm overdressed as is.  Start adding ties and jackets, and people will just constantly ask if I'm interviewing.

post #23031 of 24658

White seersucker is an awesome spring/summer fabric. Already have a shirt in such a fabric, but can definitely recommend it. Very comfortable, and not as transparent as linen sometimes is.

post #23032 of 24658



Finally got my first order. I was going for an Eidos spread with the collar and used a SF order number to try to obtain it. Iiiiiiiii think this isn't how it's supposed to look, though...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #23033 of 24658
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

What do friends here think of Zimmerli, Pantarella, Bellroy?

 

 

I'm a big fan of the Pantharella socks, particularly their Merino wools, which are light enough to be worn through Southern summer heat comfortably.  I would be willing to purchase them via Luxire if they could be gotten for a price and in a timeframe comparable to that of Amazon.

post #23034 of 24658
Echo everything above regarding the merino wool Pantharella socks.
post #23035 of 24658

Very nice white seersucker!  In fact, it looks better than mine, which has too coarse of a texture from very pronounced ripples.  This looks more subtle.   

 

Sunspel and Hanro would also be appealing brands for underwear, but Zimmerli is probably the best known and respected.

post #23036 of 24658

@luxire, typically how much additional fabric is there in the waist of your trousers to allow for letting them out a bit if needed in the future? 

 

Thanks.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #23037 of 24658
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post




Finally got my first order. I was going for an Eidos spread with the collar and used a SF order number to try to obtain it. Iiiiiiiii think this isn't how it's supposed to look, though...

 

 

post #23038 of 24658
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post




Yeah, this is getting donated. Most expensive trip to Goodwill I've ever taken.
post #23039 of 24658
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post




Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

Yeah, this is getting donated. Most expensive trip to Goodwill I've ever taken.

I was seriously considering an Eidos-inspired polo but I may refrain after seeing these pictures! Sorry you had to go through this misadventure!
post #23040 of 24658
@CaptainTohm On this very sad day in my life, you made me laugh (admittedly at your expense). thankyou for posting.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread