Similar question - I don't have nor ever have owned any lined chinos. Has anybody lined their chinos - if so, what was the purpose? And how were the results? TIA
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- . Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 8:01 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1486post #22277 of 251774/7/16 at 9:40pmpost #22278 of 251774/7/16 at 9:48pmpost #22279 of 251774/7/16 at 11:46pmQuote:
I half lined my test chinos but only as an experiment, as I intend to half-line a linen sale purchase and some mid-grey wool trousers (haven't chosen my fabric for those yet so I'm open to suggestions!). I have no complaints with the half-lining so far.post #22280 of 251774/8/16 at 3:10ampost #22281 of 251774/8/16 at 5:45amQuote:
whatever the material when it's lined it prolongs the cloth's life by handling the perspiration better...I think. I always get my pants lined since wool always scratches me, I got used to it so just got my chinos lined anywaypost #22282 of 251774/8/16 at 5:50amQuote:
I 100% am in favor of this.post #22283 of 251774/8/16 at 5:55amQuote:
Thank you!post #22284 of 251774/8/16 at 6:05amQuote:
I agree here, but I stick to only lining pants in a cloth that has a habit of stretching out of shape (flannels).
I prefer pants to be unlined personally, the longevity does not outweigh the comfort/airflow/sweat factor for me.
DL-post #22285 of 251774/8/16 at 10:22am
I'm getting the navy chambray for my next shirt and was wandering if you get white or brown buttons for this one?
I have a denim shirt (washed) with white buttons and I feel the contrast is to big.
Also could I get your suggestions for alterations on this oxford adjusted for sloping shoulder and taken in 1" from lower back. Sry forgot to iron.post #22286 of 251774/8/16 at 10:29ampost #22287 of 251774/8/16 at 4:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
So this is me apologizing for the order creep comments last week. This is my most recent order, based on the pattern for my best-fitting pants, and Luxire nailed it. My last order before this must have been an aberration, and those have been sent back to be altered. These fit great and I'm 100% happy with the fabric and execution. One of the legs looks a bit wonky at the cuff, but these are straight out of the box and haven't been pressed yet, so that should be fixed easily with a good ironing. Shirt and shoes in this pic also from Luxire.
Did you send them measurments or a sample of your best fitting pants?post #22288 of 251774/8/16 at 7:03pmQuote:
I started by mailing in a pair of decent fitting pants a while back, and it took several iterations of changes to get the fit exactly the way I wanted. Now that I've gotten this fit I won't be messing with my pattern any more.post #22289 of 251774/9/16 at 5:11am
Has anyone had much luck getting a true zero tie space collar?
I have requested it, but the way the button is placed in relation to the button hole does not result in a zero space as the button naturally slides to the edge of the button hole when tight. The button placement is set up to achieve zero tie space at the opposite end of the hole. In addition the collars are not attached in a way to create the almost-crossing effect necessary to achieve zero tie space.post #22290 of 251774/9/16 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by WillingToLearn
Has anyone had much luck getting a true zero tie space collar?
I have requested it, but the way the button is placed in relation to the button hole does not result in a zero space as the button naturally slides to the edge of the button hole when tight. The button placement is set up to achieve zero tie space at the opposite end of the hole. In addition the collars are not attached in a way to create the almost-crossing effect necessary to achieve zero tie space.
Maybe they're having a hard time visualizing what you're going for. I bet if you sent a shirt (or even took a picture of one with notes) with a collar like that, they could copy it pretty easily.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 41 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 13 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 20 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 23 minutes ago
- › Pictures of nice gloves...? 24 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...