Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- . Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:29 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1482post #22216 of 249694/1/16 at 8:38pmpost #22217 of 249694/1/16 at 8:42pmQuote:
It's more like.. what can't you adjust? You're limited by PC's offerings, tbh. Also, Luxire's turn around time is faster, and I've been more impressed by less expensive fabrics from Luxire than similarly priced fabrics from PC.
To each his own in the end. Just my preference.post #22218 of 249694/2/16 at 6:45ampost #22219 of 249694/2/16 at 10:00ampost #22220 of 249694/2/16 at 5:18pmQuote:
Weird. I've washed mine about 6 times now (hand wash setting with Woolite Dark) and have seen none of that happen to minepost #22221 of 249694/2/16 at 9:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by patliean1
When requesting to decrease the yoke/upper back measurement, does Luxire automatically compensate and adjust the sleeve length accordingly? I'm considering a smaller yoke for my next short order but I still want my sleeve length to fall exactly where they currently do.
IE: Decrease yoke by 0.5", but increase sleeves by 0.5" (technically 0.25" for each arm)
I would probably include both measurements - just to be sure. I recently ordered a shirt with slightly shorter sleeves and noticed the yoke was about 2cm narrower - but the end of the sleeve was in the right place. Which perplexed me.post #22222 of 249694/2/16 at 10:40pmThread Starter
Would like to share some good news:
Had the pleasure of visiting the Appenzell facilities of Alumo on Friday and we agreed to work together in bringing you the best of shirt fabrics and our masterful workmanship.
Alumo needs no introduction. The fabrics are truly impressive and made with extreme respect for the environment.
We have bought a few items that will be stocked with us. They should be available next week onwards. Among them is their famed University Striped Oxford in blue.
Later this year, we will also be offering their cotton-wool and cotton-cashmere options as well.post #22223 of 249694/3/16 at 1:13amQuote:
That was me. I'm happy I just bought one, because I can't really use it in public. It's still a super comfy shirt, though, so I wear it alot at home.post #22224 of 249694/3/16 at 3:04amQuote:
It's such a shame. My blue one is less worn and washed so perhaps I will try a different approach to washing this time.post #22225 of 249694/3/16 at 6:16amQuote:
I feel like this would answer all my issues. I sent Luxire a custom pair of pants for remake. I am now on my fourth iteration of a Luxire pant and still having big issues in te seat where I believe my pants sent in fit great. If they did not measure the shape then that may have led to this issue. Did this question ever get answered about pant remakes?post #22226 of 249694/3/16 at 6:45amQuote:Originally Posted by moopband
I feel like this would answer all my issues. I sent Luxire a custom pair of pants for remake. I am now on my fourth iteration of a Luxire pant and still having big issues in te seat where I believe my pants sent in fit great. If they did not measure the shape then that may have led to this issue. Did this question ever get answered about pant remakes?
It would be nice, if Luxire could answer this question in this thread.post #22227 of 249694/3/16 at 7:07ampost #22228 of 249694/3/16 at 7:13am
I will have to break a lance for the luxire flannels it seems. I have four flannel shirts and am more than happy with all of them. I just wore the tan brown tattersall flannel and I don't think I've noticed a change in texture. It is flannel after all.
I took a quick picture, all of these shirts have been washed numerous times, the tan one I know for a fact was washed at least 5 times. I wash all my shirts at 30°C in a decent Miele machine though I use generic detergent.
From left to right:
Glen plaid Flannel and Apple Fresco after wearing it for a day.
If there is one complaint I have to say, that sometimes the button holes on the shirts are too large for the thin MOP buttons, and they easily slide out. Though this wears off after a couple of washes, from experience.
Recently Luxire created a pair of Ghurka Trousers fo me from their Coffee Brown Cotton Tweed. As always I'm very very happy.post #22229 of 249694/3/16 at 7:13ampost #22230 of 249694/3/16 at 8:07pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread just now
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 11 seconds ago
- › MC General Chat 48 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...