or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 149

post #2221 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

 

Yes, the way you would like it.

 

 

That is more of a Marcella. The pique is here. $69.99

 

 

Yes, completely unstructured. I would not think that any adjustment is required.

Could a button down version be done?

post #2222 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarium View Post

Would you say it turned out well?

I think it turned out really well.  The collar roll is nice as is but, because of my own mistake, could be improved on future orders.  I asked for a higher collar band and collar back (because of my long neck) but didn't deviate from the 3 7/16" Mercer and Sons collar length. On my next order I'll specify the collar points to be around 3 5/8-3 3/4" with the expectation that this will make the roll even better.  The unfused and unlined collar and cuffs feel great and the Classic Oxford fabric seems nice and substantial to me.  

 

Currently it rolls beautifully sans tie (and I almost never wear ties with OCBDs).  The only reason for future adjustments will be to achieve the nice bell-shape when wearing a tie.  I'll also be reducing the amount of tie space and increasing the spread of the collar slightly so it stays underneath the lapels of my jackets.

post #2223 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewmoss View Post

Could a button down version be done?

I already know the answer to this.
post #2224 of 12968
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewmoss View Post

Could a button down version be done?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post


I already know the answer to this.

smile.gif  It is one of the default collar options. Any of the collars can be ordered..

post #2225 of 12968
Initally I wanted to build a summer shirt wardrobe of the Sky Blue, Pale Pink and Warzone White Classic Oxford.
Others might be right though, that the fabrics are too heavy and thick for summer.

Thus I am thinkin about the Classic Blue Summer Oxford (would also be interested in pale pink and white) as well as a fabric which can be made into a shirt like that:


What do you think would be the best match?
http://luxire.com/products/blue-chambray-linen
http://luxire.com/products/blue-end-on-end-linen
http://luxire.com/products/sky-blue-summer-chambray
post #2226 of 12968

Here is my button down from Luxire, I sent them a picture of a Barba to replicate. Collar points are 3.0"

 

 

AppleMark

 

I can provide my order number if anyone is interested

post #2227 of 12968
The fit looks very well!
Which buttons are those? They seem to be thinner than the thick buttons I received with my second shirt from Luxire, and which I found to be impractical.
post #2228 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

The fit looks very well!
Which buttons are those? They seem to be thinner than the thick buttons I received with my second shirt from Luxire, and which I found to be impractical.

 

The buttons are standard and of similar thickness to shirts I've received before.

post #2229 of 12968

anyone sending items back for alterations be careful of customs charges in india - they're pretty steep. just fyi

post #2230 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Initally I wanted to build a summer shirt wardrobe of the Sky Blue, Pale Pink and Warzone White Classic Oxford.
Others might be right though, that the fabrics are too heavy and thick for summer.

Thus I am thinkin about the Classic Blue Summer Oxford (would also be interested in pale pink and white) as well as a fabric which can be made into a shirt like that: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

What do you think would be the best match?
http://luxire.com/products/blue-chambray-linen
http://luxire.com/products/blue-end-on-end-linen
http://luxire.com/products/sky-blue-summer-chambray

That shirt looks like linen from the wrinkles.

I really like that blue end-on-end linen, would order some myself if it was cheaper.
post #2231 of 12968
Quote:
Originally Posted by itraxx View Post

Here is my button down from Luxire, I sent them a picture of a Barba to replicate. Collar points are 3.0"

 

 

AppleMark

 

I can provide my order number if anyone is interested

Yeah, I would be interested in knowing the order #. I was trying for that look with my last order (in process) but I used 3.5" to attempt to get the roll. Not sure how that will turn out. That does look nice though.

post #2232 of 12968

The craziness in Boston has kept me away for a while, but my jacket/trench arrived and I will post pictures soon.

post #2233 of 12968

 

 

First luxire shirt arrived today - really pleased with it. Fit is near spot on (I've a few improvements in mind but for a first go it's really terrific). Buttons are especially thick and lovely.

 

Collar is custom but didn't turn out quite as I'd hoped - my own measuring fault I'm sure. Nothing that can't be tweaked for next time.

post #2234 of 12968
Fabric?
post #2235 of 12968

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewmoss View Post

Yeah, I would be interested in knowing the order #. I was trying for that look with my last order (in process) but I used 3.5" to attempt to get the roll. Not sure how that will turn out. That does look nice though.

 

It was #3062 but specify the button down as there were three shirts in this order, one was a spread collar.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread