Where the button down from the cuff on the sleeve is hidden behind a piece of material.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- . Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/23/17 at 6:39am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1480post #22186 of 253803/30/16 at 1:43pmpost #22187 of 253803/30/16 at 1:43pmpost #22188 of 253803/30/16 at 3:22pmpost #22189 of 253803/30/16 at 3:51pmpost #22190 of 253803/30/16 at 4:12pmpost #22191 of 253803/30/16 at 5:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by JohnnyFlex
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I also experienced some creeping changes in my fits when I was continually requesting alterations to previous patterns. As a result, I've switched to providing measurements and adjustments with each order and it's working much better.
Whoa. I feel like I almost started some beef with my use of the word "creeping".
In fairness, I was dealing with a number of tweaks across several orders including a number of shoulder slope adjustments, so it may not have been "creep" but just some lost communication in a couple orders.
Either way, I'm much more confident now providing complete details for each order.post #22192 of 253803/30/16 at 5:39pmpost #22193 of 253803/30/16 at 11:19pm
I just ordered my first set of pants and a shirt from Luxire. I can't wait to receive it and see how it fits so I can make a larger order. I do not expect to get a perfect fit the first time (sadly), but hey, maybe I'm lucky.
I do hope I'll be able to get a good pattern down for some summer clothing though, before the summer has passed :)post #22194 of 253803/30/16 at 11:38pmpost #22195 of 253803/31/16 at 6:16ampost #22196 of 253803/31/16 at 2:37pmQuote:
Only thing I have experienced is belly creep.
Do these woolrich trousers actually wear cold enough for summer? How breathable is the cloth? Or is it more of a spring/autumn fabric?post #22197 of 253803/31/16 at 4:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I think I will do this going forward. And I went back and checked my recent order again and upon closer inspection I did notify Luxire in the order notes that I would be sending in garments for replication. They must have skipped over that and only looked at the previous order number when they went to make my shirts and trousers. I think everything is set to arrive tomorrow so we'll see how they turn out.
Just picked up my linen sale stuff from FedEx, and Luxire knocked these out of the park. Fit and details 100% match my best-fitting Luxire garments, so turns out there really was no need to mail anything back. I'll make sure to use this order # going forward for all my future orders to keep everything in line. I guess my last orders that didn't fit as well were just outliers. Well done Luxire!
Also - funny story...I hadn't purchased any clothing in about 6-7 months as my wife and I recently bought a house, so this was my first Luxire order in a long time, compared to my usual multiple orders per month. I walked into the FedEx location to pick up my package, and the same guy still works there. As soon as I walked in, he recognized me right away and brought my package out for me to sign for before I even got to the counter.
EDIT - forgot to say, the fabrics are also some of the best I've ever gotten:
1x Linen:Indigo White Dress Stripes
1x Linen: Pale Blue End-on-End
1x Linen: Grey Pants
@luxire please if there's any way you can get a linen-cotton blend shirting fabric with the same pale blue color as this 100% linen one from this order, that would really be he ultimate for me.post #22198 of 253803/31/16 at 7:57pmI am interested in ordering some single pleated trousers, which is a first for me as all my current pants are flat front. My interest in pleats is based on my somewhat girthier stomach and quads. I do have some plain front trousers that fit really well. What is the best way to order? Should I just measure myself or measure the flat front pants and add some extra (1.5 inch) to the thighs? This is a stupid question but I am afraid that if I provide my body measurements, the fit may be assumed and the result less optimal.post #22199 of 253803/31/16 at 8:41pmQuote:Go to lux website & follow direction is best recomdation I can give measure your best fitting pant & add pleat & go from there.Originally Posted by doomx
I am interested in ordering some single pleated trousers, which is a first for me as all my current pants are flat front. My interest in pleats is based on my somewhat girthier stomach and quads. I do have some plain front trousers that fit really well. What is the best way to order? Should I just measure myself or measure the flat front pants and add some extra (1.5 inch) to the thighs? This is a stupid question but I am afraid that if I provide my body measurements, the fit may be assumed and the result less optimal.post #22200 of 253804/1/16 at 10:37am
When requesting to decrease the yoke/upper back measurement, does Luxire automatically compensate and adjust the sleeve length accordingly? I'm considering a smaller yoke for my next short order but I still want my sleeve length to fall exactly where they currently do.
IE: Decrease yoke by 0.5", but increase sleeves by 0.5" (technically 0.25" for each arm)
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 21 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Grant Stone - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › Bow Ties 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...