So I keep hearing about this new website...can anyone tell me if it's released yet?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 2:29 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1478post #22156 of 246273/29/16 at 2:34ampost #22157 of 246273/29/16 at 5:34amFor the record, over the years I've had a couple shirts out of ~20 that were slightly off in a measurement or two - in particular, one shirt was about half an inch big in the torso and another was slightly big in the collar - but there's been no discernible "order creep" pattern and in both cases the variances were within my tolerances.
I supply complete measurements for each shirt, but I do reference previous order numbers in the notes in order to specify the collar and to confirm that I want the same pattern. I have always assumed that Luxire is reusing the same pattern unless I make a change to one of the measurements (and when I do so, I mention it in the notes).post #22158 of 246273/29/16 at 6:00am
I’ve had about 12 shirts made over the span of 4-5 orders while making incremental changes each time based on my initial pattern. No weird order creeping. This past order I requested a lot of small revisions and what worked best for me was simply sending Luxire an email with very clear step by step details. I even attached a copy in Word doc format just in case. I feel like instructions can easily be missed by overusing the website notes form.
Another thing I've been keen about is maintaining an ongoing log of my current measurements after each order. You can always email Luxire before placing an order if you're concerned about measurements.post #22159 of 246273/29/16 at 6:07ampost #22160 of 246273/29/16 at 6:54am
I have not, for the record, been a blind supporter of Luxire. I have had a few problems and talked about them here openly. However, Luxire has worked to meet me half way (or more than) on the challenges with my orders.
I have not seen any kind of "size creep" across my orders. I have 16 Luxire shirts in my possession. About 14 of these are in regular work rotation for me. I'm a "generously proportioned" man with a 20.5 neck and I request larger collars (band and points) to distract attention from my neck and the size 8 melon attached to it.
I would not notice subtle changes in the bodice as some of you do but I would notice anything changing in my collar or sleeves. I'm fussy about those things.
So, 16 shirts across 13 orders over 2 years (with 5 shirts currently in mail) I have not experienced this "order creep" in any way. Now, I should point out that I maintain my size in a spreadsheet and put it in again with each order. I do not reference previous orders for size. I got into this habit during my first 3 or 4 orders when I was messing with details (longer length, more sleeve, left cuff adjustment for timepiece, etc) and I kept doing it this way.
I am quick to critique Luxire so let me be equally quick to praise them where they excel. My shirts have been true to size and any changes have been caused by my laundry service after receipt.post #22161 of 246273/29/16 at 7:04ampost #22162 of 246273/29/16 at 7:23amThread Starter
Myth busting time:
If garments are made using the same pattern, without any requested changes to the pattern, the garments will fit identical. We may see some really minor differences which I would call a tailor's individual touch, but, those are very minor set of differences.
Over subsequent orders, we will not see difference over difference over difference. The differences do not get added. We may see one minor difference here and another minor difference there. The differences do not get carried over.post #22163 of 246273/29/16 at 7:25amQuote:
If I am not making any tweaks I simply reference another order for measurements and just make the collar and other cosmetic changes on the order form.post #22164 of 246273/29/16 at 7:26amQuote:
I enter measurements every time without reference to my previous orders (although I generally reference an order from the Google doc for the collar). Given the turnaround times I've gotten (from order placed to shipped within a week), I'd assume they're going off of my past ordors. I've never noticed any "creep" though; measurements vary a tad from the numbers I provide sometimes, but I don't get the impression that that has to do with any sort of duplication glitch.post #22165 of 246273/29/16 at 8:28ampost #22166 of 246273/29/16 at 8:56amQuote:
fabric books would be awesome. and maybe distribute multiple fabric books in each country, and (potential) customers can forward them to each otherpost #22167 of 246273/29/16 at 9:14am
Another MTM site (who I won't mention in this thread out of respect to Luxire) that I used to use had Fabric Books and they sold "sets of swatches"
It kind of went sideways as follows: The "in stock" status of the fabrics was always in flux. The Books did not change once produced and shipped.
Therefore, a situation arose whereby I would place order after order only to find out my fabrics where not in stock.
So my suggestion is to only book-up samples of fabrics that have a very high likelihood of being in stock for 18months or more.
And also, a "best used by" date on the books would be nice so that people know how old they are.
Aside from books, what about the following?:
If you order an item, you can request 1 swatch per item of another fabric to be shipped with your order. This lets Customers get tactile access to fabrics without launching a side business of swatch book production and it keeps Luxire safe from incoming-draining curiosity seekers.post #22168 of 246273/29/16 at 10:11ampost #22169 of 246273/29/16 at 10:57ampost #22170 of 246273/29/16 at 3:06pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 9 minutes ago
- › SALVATORE FERRAGAMO Double Breasted Blazer, Great Colors, Virgin... 13 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 16 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 18 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway