or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1475

post #22111 of 24634
@wigglr

What fabric did you get? Link?



I just sent in a pair to be replicated to the OR address. First pants with Luxire. Should be good.
post #22112 of 24634
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post
 

 

I just got my first pair of their minnis fresco pants this week - need to tweak slightly the fit (probably have the ones tapered a bit that came in), but the fabric is to die for

 

Nice.  Can't wait to see for myself. 

post #22113 of 24634
@luxire
Do you have the answer?
Thank you for your answer.

B
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmartin View Post

Dear Luxire,

Could you tell me the thread count of the fabric below :





http://custom.luxire.com/products/brisbane-moss-chambray-medium-blue

Thank you inadvance.

Kind regards,


B
post #22114 of 24634

How does it work if you order a 2nd shirt with other options. The first one was without pleats in the back, but now I want to order one with side pleats.

Should I account for extra fabric space, or does Luxire take it into account? I assume they can't use the same pattern as my first order? Or am I over analyzing this?

post #22115 of 24634
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post

lurker%5B1%5D.gif

FWIW, the stuff I sent in for replication were both previous Luxire orders, and I referenced the order numbers in my new order, so maybe they made them based on those old orders. I'll find out next Tuesday...
post #22116 of 24634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

FWIW, the stuff I sent in for replication were both previous Luxire orders, and I referenced the order numbers in my new order, so maybe they made them based on those old orders. I'll find out next Tuesday...

They keep the patterns for the old orders on hand. You shouldn't need to send them back in. I've done it a whole bunch of times, only sent in the originals on the first order.
post #22117 of 24634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

They keep the patterns for the old orders on hand. You shouldn't need to send them back in. I've done it a whole bunch of times, only sent in the originals on the first order.

I have dozens of Luxire orders and have been using the same pattern almost the whole time, but little by little I feel like I started to see small changes and the newer shirts started to feel less and less like my older shirts. It was more like I started getting a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy instead of something that matched the original pattern exactly. I wasn't really happy with my last order, the sleeves were too short and overall they felt too tight. I figured I would send back in my best fitting shirt to have them replicate that instead of trying to slightly alter all the individual measurements to get the fit back to where I wanted it.

Did the same thing with the trousers, my last pair came out unwearable even though I ordered based off my preferred pattern, so I shipped those back along with my best-fitting trousers to have them replicated. Hopefully this will stick this time and I can keep using the same pattern for all my future orders.
post #22118 of 24634
That's concerning. Could any of that delta be due to laundering/shrinkage?
post #22119 of 24634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I have dozens of Luxire orders and have been using the same pattern almost the whole time, but little by little I feel like I started to see small changes and the newer shirts started to feel less and less like my older shirts. It was more like I started getting a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy instead of something that matched the original pattern exactly. I wasn't really happy with my last order, the sleeves were too short and overall they felt too tight. I figured I would send back in my best fitting shirt to have them replicate that instead of trying to slightly alter all the individual measurements to get the fit back to where I wanted it.

Did the same thing with the trousers, my last pair came out unwearable even though I ordered based off my preferred pattern, so I shipped those back along with my best-fitting trousers to have them replicated. Hopefully this will stick this time and I can keep using the same pattern for all my future orders.

Did you try comparing the measurements from your new shirt to your old Luxire shirts that fit you well? I believe Luxire's margin of error is ± 0.25 inches. It could be that you hit the dubious jackpot where most of the measurements came out -0.25 inches smaller.

Maybe after Luxire receives your shirt and pant you can ask them for the measurements they'll be using and just entering these numbers for future orders instead of depending on them to remember for you.
post #22120 of 24634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

Did you try comparing the measurements from your new shirt to your old Luxire shirts that fit you well? I believe Luxire's margin of error is ± 0.25 inches. It could be that you hit the dubious jackpot where most of the measurements came out -0.25 inches smaller.

Maybe after Luxire receives your shirt and pant you can ask them for the measurements they'll be using and just entering these numbers for future orders instead of depending on them to remember for you.

I don't think .25" deviations would render a pair of pants completely unwearable. Sounds like a much greater screw-up.
post #22121 of 24634
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

Nice.  Can't wait to see for myself. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuP View Post

@wigglr

What fabric did you get? Link?



I just sent in a pair to be replicated to the OR address. First pants with Luxire. Should be good.

 

http://custom.luxire.com/products/minnis-fresco-dark-navy-plain-10-oz-wool_fresco_0579

 

I will post a pic...

post #22122 of 24634
post #22123 of 24634

http://custom.luxire.com/products/minnis-fresco-light-grey-plainfresco_0511

 

And these are on their way - these are the darker and heavier of the two light grey - not as light, but I didn't want too much lining/pockets to show through. Can update you all when they come in on that matter. 

post #22124 of 24634
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post
 

http://custom.luxire.com/products/minnis-fresco-light-grey-plainfresco_0511

 

And these are on their way - these are the darker and heavier of the two light grey - not as light, but I didn't want too much lining/pockets to show through. Can update you all when they come in on that matter. 

 

Fresco is great.  I have the lighter grey version and the pockets don't show through too bad.  Those navy look very nice.  I'll be doing side adjusters on my next pair too.

post #22125 of 24634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post
 

 

Fresco is great.  I have the lighter grey version and the pockets don't show through too bad.  Those navy look very nice.  I'll be doing side adjusters on my next pair too.

 

I remember us talking about them - I really think they look great on you.

 

Love the side adjustors - makes matching shoes to (non existent) belt much easier :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread