or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1463

post #21931 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgenius View Post
 

 

For what it's worth - I have a couple of the "Madras" shirts and I find they wear just as cool as if they were linen.  The cotton is very breathable.

post #21932 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post
 

^^ personally I'd have the ankle openings widen just a little bit, by that's very up to personal preference. Otherwise, they appear to fit flawlessly.

 

How many tries to achieve this level of fit?

 

I sent in a pair of well-fitting RTW trousers from Rota to be copied. For previous orders I provided Luxire with measurements, but they weren't as successful. 

post #21933 of 24691

Dear Luxire,

 

Could you tell me the thread count of the fabric below :

 

 

 

http://custom.luxire.com/products/brisbane-moss-chambray-medium-blue

 

Thank you inadvance.

 

Kind regards,

 

 

B

post #21934 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post

Is cellulare at all "stretchy" due to its construction?

Obviously I'm looking for elastic deformation, not plastic deformation.

Would it be good for golf?

Luxire made me a fantastic long sleeve golf polo shirt from a stretchy polyamide from Carvico, Italy. I' ll find some pictures.
post #21935 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

Luxire made me a fantastic long sleeve golf polo shirt from a stretchy polyamide from Carvico, Italy. I' ll find some pictures.

I'd be very interested to see. Thanks.
post #21936 of 24691
Do people around here generally at least half line their soft chino trousers (which the test trousers are made from) given they are only 6-7 oz? I have swapped emails with Nagendra from customer service and he says this isn't required as the trousers aren't see through but then I saw that a chap on Dappered fully lined his pair. I have made my trousers quite formal - high rise, adjusters and internal braces buttons, and cuffs and wonder if half lining them will help keep their shape?
post #21937 of 24691

Guys,

 

I just bought Luxires Linen Cotton Canvas on their recent sale:

 

http://custom.luxire.com/products/gov-tan-canvas-54002_0607

 

Any experience on how see through this fabric is? Should I go for a full lining down to the bottom?

post #21938 of 24691
Have the indigo and steel blue in the linen cotton canvas and theyre not even close to see through. Although maybe I'm the wrong person to ask, being that I think summer trousers should all be unlined...

Also,I've put my money where my mouth is by ordering the tan unlined :-)
post #21939 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashkobalt View Post

Have the indigo and steel blue in the linen cotton canvas and theyre not even close to see through. Although maybe I'm the wrong person to ask, being that I think summer trousers should all be unlined...

Also,I've put my money where my mouth is by ordering the tan unlined :-)

 

Thanks for the feedback - I'd also prefer my pants unlined of course, as they are supposed to be worn in the summer heat. But I don't want them unlined at the cost of being see through :)

post #21940 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuebert View Post

Guys,

I just bought Luxires Linen Cotton Canvas on their recent sale:

http://custom.luxire.com/products/gov-tan-canvas-54002_0607

Any experience on how see through this fabric is? Should I go for a full lining down to the bottom?

Images showing transparency here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/21900_50#post_8358530

No need to line all the way - to the knee if preferred for comfort but any more rather overlooks the purpose of a summer fabric.
post #21941 of 24691

I know there are a lot of questions about transparency, but does anyone have finished product pics of some of the linen cotton canvas?  In particular I'd be interested in some of the blues.

post #21942 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonC View Post


Images showing transparency here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/21900_50#post_8358530

No need to line all the way - to the knee if preferred for comfort but any more rather overlooks the purpose of a summer fabric.

 

Thanks alot for the heads up - those shots are excellent!

post #21943 of 24691

@luxire 

 

Do you offer clear/translucent shirt buttons? While I like MOP buttons, they are bit too contrasty for my tastes with darker colored shirts.

 

Thanks

post #21944 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post
 

@luxire 

 

Do you offer clear/translucent shirt buttons? While I like MOP buttons, they are bit too contrasty for my tastes with darker colored shirts.

 

Thanks


Have you tried the premium MOP buttons (cream coloured) or the smoked MOP buttons? The thin ones of which are even free of charge.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

Luxire made me a fantastic long sleeve golf polo shirt from a stretchy polyamide from Carvico, Italy. I' ll find some pictures.

I'd be very interested to see. Thanks.

 

 

 

This was a trial shirt Luxire made me. If I had it done again, and I plan on doing so once this bloody winter ends, I'd request an unfused collar. This one was fused and the fusing shrinks differently than the polyamide resulting in a slight moiré pattern on collars and a permanent crease on the cuffs:

 

 

 

The fabric itself is fantastic, I've worn it both with and without an undershirt, it's reasonably opaque. It breathes well and so far I was always able to get sunscreen and grime out of collars and cuffs even after 6 hour sessions of supposedly 'fun' on the golf course.

post #21945 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post
 


Have you tried the premium MOP buttons (cream coloured) or the smoked MOP buttons? The thin ones of which are even free of charge.

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

This was a trial shirt Luxire made me. If I had it done again, and I plan on doing so once this bloody winter ends, I'd request an unfused collar. This one was fused and the fusing shrinks differently than the polyamide resulting in a slight moiré pattern on collars and a permanent crease on the cuffs:

 

 

 

The fabric itself is fantastic, I've worn it both with and without an undershirt, it's reasonably opaque. It breathes well and so far I was always able to get sunscreen and grime out of collars and cuffs even after 6 hour sessions of supposedly 'fun' on the golf course.

 

Any chance you could post a link to the cloth?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread