or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 146

post #2176 of 13780
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

The up-and-coming pique fabrics will make for some interesting dress shirts. I've one pique collar shirt already, it combines the best of two worlds: the coolness of pique mesh and the smartness of tailored shirts. The fabric creases very little.

I don't think I've seen something like that before. Could post a photo of it?

post #2177 of 13780
Is any of the polo fabric mercerized ?
post #2178 of 13780
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradSchooler View Post

Luxire: What colour is the off-white poplin 100/2? On the website it looks like it's leaning towards blue/white but typically off-white is more cream.

 

A very light shade of cream. It is almost white.

post #2179 of 13780
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewmoss View Post

I don't think I've seen something like that before. Could post a photo of it?

Here we go, though the original article is in Finnish:

http://www.keikari.com/blogi/merssikauluspaita/

Eksentrisyyksi%C3%A4_merssikauluspaita2.jpg
post #2180 of 13780
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post


Here we go, though the original article is in Finnish:

http://www.keikari.com/blogi/merssikauluspaita/

Eksentrisyyksi%C3%A4_merssikauluspaita2.jpg

Thanks, I actually did a search on the internet and found an exameple of one in navy colored material which looked similar to this one. Looks like an interesting alternative to linen and I wouldn't have thought of this on my own if I hadn't seen your post on yesterday.

 

I'm wondering though if Luxire could put a bit of structure into the collar though. Most probably they can.

post #2181 of 13780
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post


Here we go, though the original article is in Finnish:

http://www.keikari.com/blogi/merssikauluspaita/

 

 

Is the fabric woven or knitted?

post #2182 of 13780
I haven't seen anyone ask: Luxire, can you do women's? And if so, what would be the cost of a suit jacket + skirt? My wife has a helluva time finding a jacket that fits (she literally never has), and has to wear a suit regularly for court. What about for a skirt by itself? Accompanying question: are there plans for suiting fabrics that are more "base" than just the dugdale?

Many thanks
Edited by hookem12387 - 4/18/13 at 10:31am
post #2183 of 13780
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post

I haven't seen anyone ask: Luxire, can you do women's? And if so, what would be the cost of a suit jacket + skirt? My wife has a helluva time finding a jacket that fits (she literally never has), and has to wear a suit regularly for court. What about for a skirt by itself?

Many thanks

 

shog[1].gif yes..PM please

post #2184 of 13780
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

 

Is the fabric woven or knitted?

Is there a difference? Which one is Luxire going to offer? Just curious...

post #2185 of 13780
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewmoss View Post

Is there a difference? Which one is Luxire going to offer? Just curious...

 

There are significant differences, knitted with be more like you polo shirts.

 

We will offer the knitted ones for now. Have been on the lookout for the woven ones too but they have been elusive so far.

post #2186 of 13780
Luxire, that old shirt of mine was a lucky find on eBay. It feels very much like the pique used on most polo shirts, flexible and nearly wrinkle-free without chemicals. It has a fused construction, though, and I'll sell it onwards once I've bought replacement shirts from you.
post #2187 of 13780
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

 

There are significant differences, knitted with be more like you polo shirts.

 

We will offer the knitted ones for now. Have been on the lookout for the woven ones too but they have been elusive so far.

Yeah, I assumed that you were mostly talking the polo kind from the earlier posts...that's okay. I still think it might work for constructing a formal shirt though if you're willing to do it. My only only question would be on how to incorporate a modest amount of structure in certain key places like collars and cuffs and plackets. 

post #2188 of 13780

I received my Classic Blue Oxford and Tuxedo Shirt today. Luxire nailed the measurements on both. I love the fabric on the oxford and the split yoke was a pleasant surprise. I'll probably have to order the full range of white, pink, and gray OCBDs to round out my untucked shirt choices. Then on to some of the linen shirts. The pleat front on the tuxedo shirt seems well done also.

 

But since they absolutely nailed the measurements, can anyone confirm from experience that their shirts haven't shrunk? I sized based on where I'd like the shirts to end up when fully shrunk. I'm aware that the fabric is pre-washed, just hoping for some confirmation.

post #2189 of 13780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketawa View Post

I received my Classic Blue Oxford and Tuxedo Shirt today. Luxire nailed the measurements on both. I love the fabric on the oxford and the split yoke was a pleasant surprise. I'll probably have to order the full range of white, pink, and gray OCBDs to round out my untucked shirt choices. Then on to some of the linen shirts. The pleat front on the tuxedo shirt seems well done also.

 

But since they absolutely nailed the measurements, can anyone confirm from experience that their shirts haven't shrunk? I sized based on where I'd like the shirts to end up when fully shrunk. I'm aware that the fabric is pre-washed, just hoping for some confirmation

Not sure that dry cleaning counts in regards to shrinkage, but I've had my warzone white ocbd cleaned several times already and no shrinkage that I can detect.

post #2190 of 13780

i've washed my shirts a few times already - regular laundry, hang dry - and no shrinkage

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread