or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1420

post #21286 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddahman View Post

Thanks for this, I love posts with pictures , details and reviews. I need me 3 dress shirts now that my fit is bang on.
Is the university stripe too casual or do you think it works for wearing formally? Also, do you think the blue stripes is a similarly good formal shirt choice or would you go for something else if given the chance again?

Thanks

Blue stripes is great for wearing with suits. I wear the university stripe shirt with both suits and odd pant/jacket combinations but there are probably many better, staple options you could choose from if your wanting something towards the formal side of the spectrum.
post #21287 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandexter View Post

Blue stripes is great for wearing with suits. I wear the university stripe shirt with both suits and odd pant/jacket combinations but there are probably many better, staple options you could choose from if your wanting something towards the formal side of the spectrum.

Thanks. My office isn't really formal. I'm the best dressed bloke in the building haha. I'm definitely up for recommendations on the casual side of formal.

My vague wish list so far is:
Sky blue twill
Vista blue stripes
University stripes green (just to end the blue rut)

I'm open to change though!
post #21288 of 24708
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandexter View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

 

Here's some shots of a few shirts I wore this week (all Luxire).

 

Grandi & Rubinelli Pale Blue Twill - I previously had the white version of this and I liked it enough to order this pale blue version. It's a very nice soft twill (which I much prefer over poplins) that doesn't wrinkle much. Sure it has a premium price but you can really notice the difference in regards to your average fabrics. I wouldn't mind having 5 of this exact shirt in my wardrobe.

 

Dark Blue HairLine Stripes - Not bad but a little stiff, thin and nowhere near as soft as the G&R above. Still pretty good value given the price though.

 

Classic Oxford: Light Green University Stripes - Not a super heavy oxford and much softer than I expected. I'm finding it somewhat difficult to pair with ties but that might be a reflection of my tie collection more than anything else.

Very nice. Really like how you have used a "casual" fabric like oxford for such a dressy ensemble. Takes some thought to imagine this.

post #21289 of 24708

@Spandexter, looks great.  What collar are you using on these shirts?

post #21290 of 24708
@Luxire
Any plan to add more linen shirt fabrics?
Specifically white with checked patterns... I find these extremely versatile
Thanks
post #21291 of 24708

Someone have experience with sending your own pants to luxire and they copy them?

post #21292 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMNS View Post

Someone have experience with sending your own pants to luxire and they copy them?

Works great, absolutely the best way to get pants done. I've done it twice, for dress pants and jeans. Spot on both times.

They do a good job modifying the pattern once they've gotten it down too, so you can adjust on the fly for future orders.
post #21293 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


Works great, absolutely the best way to get pants done. I've done it twice, for dress pants and jeans. Spot on both times.

They do a good job modifying the pattern once they've gotten it down too, so you can adjust on the fly for future orders.


I tried to copy the measurements from my pants but the knee measurement and hip were hard to get right, feels a lot better to send my pants to them and they copy them perfect, if any problem pop up they have the pants to measure. Something I should think of? Sorry for my english, its not my native language

post #21294 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

@Spandexter
, looks great.  What collar are you using on these shirts?

It's my own. I think it is in the spreadsheet but if not just search my posts in this thread as I've put images with the specifications.
post #21295 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMNS View Post


I tried to copy the measurements from my pants but the knee measurement and hip were hard to get right, feels a lot better to send my pants to them and they copy them perfect, if any problem pop up they have the pants to measure. Something I should think of? Sorry for my english, its not my native language

It's much more reliable to send the pants in rather than trying to do the measurements. It only adds a week or so to the order, really works well.
post #21296 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


It's much more reliable to send the pants in rather than trying to do the measurements. It only adds a week or so to the order, really works well.


How much did u pay for the shipping to them?

post #21297 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMNS View Post


How much did u pay for the shipping to them?

I'm in the US, so it was just domestic shipping to their New Jersey facility. I think they have a pre-paid option to go direct to India but I don't remember the cost.
post #21298 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


I'm in the US, so it was just domestic shipping to their New Jersey facility. I think they have a pre-paid option to go direct to India but I don't remember the cost.

I've used the pre-paid option to India (from U.S.) and it works fine.  It is $20 each way, but if you have another order pending, they can combine everything so that you don't have to pay for the return shipping.

post #21299 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandexter View Post


It's my own. I think it is in the spreadsheet but if not just search my posts in this thread as I've put images with the specifications.

 

That's what I thought.  I order the same collar, but your results look better.  I may adjust for a forward neck a little more and see if that helps.

post #21300 of 24708
I've branched out into using Luxire for my casual shirts now of which I just received my first order. A button down collar based on a Kamakura shirt. Will post pictures soon.

Edit - I must admit Luxire have nailed everything I've sent them. Really very pleased with the quality and whole MTM process.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread