Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1411

post #21151 of 25370
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post


Can you post a full, standing picture by chance?

Clearly I am a large fella. I would keep that in mind with regards to fit, my arms are big which are a challenge to tailor around. We are still a change or two away and the shoulders have a slight roping to them which I would like to eliminate, but I am very happy overall. 

 

DL-

post #21152 of 25370

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidLane View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post


Can you post a full, standing picture by chance?

Clearly I am a large fella. I would keep that in mind with regards to fit, my arms are big which are a challenge to tailor around. We are still a change or two away and the shoulders have a slight roping to them which I would like to eliminate, but I am very happy overall. 

 

DL-

 

Looks good. Personally I prefer a roped shoulder, butI agree that a spalla camicia would look better with your build. The sleeve needs to be cut even wider where it's attached to the armholes.

 

I'm not sure if widening the pockets could help with the balance, I could imagine them moving an inch closer to the middle.

post #21153 of 25370
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLane View Post
 

Clearly I am a large fella. I would keep that in mind with regards to fit, my arms are big which are a challenge to tailor around. We are still a change or two away and the shoulders have a slight roping to them which I would like to eliminate, but I am very happy overall. 

 

DL-

 

 

This looks pretty good. I would just go with natural shoulders, and not a spalla camicia (the one in the middle here: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3554/5760245018_ef73f39789_b.jpg). Have you tried more extended shoulders (think Liverano)?

 

Also, I think the jacket looks a little short. Does it cover you rear? I think lowering the button stance would also help.

post #21154 of 25370
It looks good. I was curious about things like balance, pocket placement, adn the shoulder. The pockets look a tiny bit far to the sides, IMO. And I agree that the jacket may be slightly too short. But that's really picking nits for something that looks great.

Thanks for posting the picture, it's really informative to see how far luxire is coming with jacket production. Always impressed by their commitment to this stuff.
post #21155 of 25370

@DavidLane I frequently complain about being a difficult fit, but I think you've certainly got me beat. Luxire looks to have done a bang up job!

post #21156 of 25370

@DavidLane Thanks for sharing. Your photo is a great representation of what it means to dress appropriately to your build. I don't say that as a back-handed compliment either. In fact some of the worst offenders I've seen were either bone skinny or outrageously muscular. Kudos my friend.

post #21157 of 25370
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post
 

@DavidLane Thanks for sharing. Your photo is a great representation of what it means to dress appropriately to your build. I don't say that as a back-handed compliment either. In fact some of the worst offenders I've seen were either bone skinny or outrageously muscular. Kudos my friend.

+1. I actually spoke to a slimmer guy who had his leg opening set at a whopping 5.5 inches!!!

 

I didn't think it was possible to make feet smaller than mine look like Sideshow Bob clown shoes...but I was proven wrong.

 

latest?cb=20120602194035

post #21158 of 25370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

@DavidLane I frequently complain about being a difficult fit, but I think you've certainly got me beat. Luxire looks to have done a bang up job!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post
 

 

Looks good. Personally I prefer a roped shoulder, butI agree that a spalla camicia would look better with your build. The sleeve needs to be cut even wider where it's attached to the armholes.

 

I'm not sure if widening the pockets could help with the balance, I could imagine them moving an inch closer to the middle.


I never really looked at the pocket placement, thanks for the feedback.

 

DL-

post #21159 of 25370
Quote:
Originally Posted by the north View Post
 

 

 

This looks pretty good. I would just go with natural shoulders, and not a spalla camicia (the one in the middle here: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3554/5760245018_ef73f39789_b.jpg). Have you tried more extended shoulders (think Liverano)?

 

Also, I think the jacket looks a little short. Does it cover you rear? I think lowering the button stance would also help.


This is my second sportcoat from Luxire, and for the next I will look into a slightly wider shoulder and I agree, a touch maybe 1/2" lower on the stance could work.

 

The jacket covers in length, the photo was taken a bit below waist level and and an angle upward which makes it appear shorter.

 

Thanks for the feedback.

 

DL-

post #21160 of 25370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

@DavidLane I frequently complain about being a difficult fit, but I think you've certainly got me beat. Luxire looks to have done a bang up job!


OTR is out of the question for sure. I like what they are doing.

 

DL-

post #21161 of 25370
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post
 

@DavidLane Thanks for sharing. Your photo is a great representation of what it means to dress appropriately to your build. I don't say that as a back-handed compliment either. In fact some of the worst offenders I've seen were either bone skinny or outrageously muscular. Kudos my friend.


Thanks for the compliment, I have learned a lot here on SF for sure. For me it is about balance, which in turn is about restraint. Plus I want to be comfortable.

 

DL-

post #21162 of 25370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

+1. I actually spoke to a slimmer guy who had his leg opening set at a whopping 5.5 inches!!!

 

I didn't think it was possible to make feet smaller than mine look like Sideshow Bob clown shoes...but I was proven wrong.

 

latest?cb=20120602194035


Not sure what mine is actually, most likely 8-9" or so. I have not had to measure since having a pattern on file with Luxire, which is nice I must say.

 

DL-

post #21163 of 25370
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

 

All of the above :)

 

We can do multiple colors and complex designs.   Something like below is possible, for example.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

A cotton fair isle? That would be cool!

post #21164 of 25370
Thanks for all the comments gents. Its really got me thinking about the details of my next commission.

Im also contemplating a jacket so its great to see what has been done for @DavidLane. But as a general question about jacket pricing, (given that there are lots of fabrics for trousers) is there a relationship between price of trousers and price of a jacket in the same fabric? Eg if its $250 for pants would it be double for a jacket? Or does it depend a lot on the specific fabric.
post #21165 of 25370
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzWino View Post

Thanks for all the comments gents. Its really got me thinking about the details of my next commission.

Im also contemplating a jacket so its great to see what has been done for @DavidLane. But as a general question about jacket pricing, (given that there are lots of fabrics for trousers) is there a relationship between price of trousers and price of a jacket in the same fabric? Eg if its $250 for pants would it be double for a jacket? Or does it depend a lot on the specific fabric.

From experience, it was about 3 x as much

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread