or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1398

post #20956 of 24691

It has been requested in the past, but I'll say it again. The Sky Blue Oxford in different colours would be nice. I would definitely order a couple in white and/or light pink, even though my next order includes a White Pinpoint Oxford.

 

I like Blackwatch, but I'm not sure how I'd wear a Blackwatch shirt. I would like a pair of Blackwatch pants too.

 

On a side note, I've emailed Luxire for fit advice last night and got my answer this morning. 

post #20957 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaeagle View Post

Those linen-cottons... Well, I know what I'll be spending my summer budget on when temps hit 100...

Totally out of season, but my first pair arrived today. Will post impressions once I've given them a few good wearings.
post #20958 of 24691

@SimonC let us know if you think they'd be appropriate for more formal settings or are really appropriate only for casual (similar to the various discussions of the brown duck canvas).

post #20959 of 24691
My third Luxire order ARRIVED icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif and they nailed it. This is my third trouser pattern and second shirt pattern for those of you who are interested. I'm so impressed. All my shirts and trousers will come from Luxire from now on, there's no point going anywhere else now.

8AF27715-A383-48CE-9057-B727646BEDCD.jpg

Green twill popover w/ pocket. Luxire standard button down.
Navy twill - NOBD2 collar, soft fusing,
deeper cuffs, back darts, watch adjustment, adjusted shoulder slope
Sky blue chambray - NOBD2 collar, soft fusing, deeper cuffs, watch adjustment, back darts, adjusted shoulder slope
Grey wool rich pants - too many bespoke requests to list

More than happy to share deets. I took the advice about waistband linings and had ban-Rol this time. My navy wool rich waistband creases a little after a day wearing them.

Happy days.
post #20960 of 24691
Additional straight-outta-the-box popover pic icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

23DC45E3-AB20-49BF-A2DF-7217201B4D8F.jpg
post #20961 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

We are planning on new additions for next year. Do share your wish-list.

I'd like a grey and white gingham in 100% linen. In a regular size pattern, like with 1/2" lines.

post #20962 of 24691

I second the black watch tartan.  In both shirting and pants.  I'd also like more solid oxfords in the $70 range in a several colors.  Most are sold out at this point.  

post #20963 of 24691

yep, I imagine its more beneficial for luxire to focus on the high end fabrics but would love to see more selection in the <$100 shirt range.  Also more darker colours.

 

Happy holidays luxire, have an even bigger better 2016

post #20964 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddahman View Post

My third Luxire order ARRIVED icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif and they nailed it. This is my third trouser pattern and second shirt pattern for those of you who are interested. I'm so impressed. All my shirts and trousers will come from Luxire from now on, there's no point going anywhere else now.

8AF27715-A383-48CE-9057-B727646BEDCD.jpg

Green twill popover w/ pocket. Luxire standard button down.
Navy twill - NOBD2 collar, soft fusing,
deeper cuffs, back darts, watch adjustment, adjusted shoulder slope
Sky blue chambray - NOBD2 collar, soft fusing, deeper cuffs, watch adjustment, back darts, adjusted shoulder slope
Grey wool rich pants - too many bespoke requests to list

More than happy to share deets. I took the advice about waistband linings and had ban-Rol this time. My navy wool rich waistband creases a little after a day wearing them.

Happy days.

what's this watch adjustment you added?

post #20965 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post

what's this watch adjustment you added?

Probably larger cuff diameter on the watch- wearing wrist to allow it to slip under the cuff easily
post #20966 of 24691
Yup, what Simon said. It's these kind of details that I love and makes it feel personal to you.

I spoke a little too soon about my trouser fit. I made only two fit changes over my last navy wool rich and they were a small decrease in waist and an increase in hips. Trouble is they feel rather tight compared with the other. Not had chance to measure yet. I'm hoping rather than send them back to Luxire there is enough material for my local tailor to work with and let out my hips and too of thigh areas. Seat is fine.
post #20967 of 24691
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzAzul View Post


I'd like a grey and white gingham in 100% linen. In a regular size pattern, like with 1/2" lines.

 

We do have about 1/3" from Albini. Will be on the lookout for the wider ones.

post #20968 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespertiliovir View Post

@SimonC
let us know if you think they'd be appropriate for more formal settings or are really appropriate only for casual (similar to the various discussions of the brown duck canvas).

Here is a shot of the linen-cotton canvas next to the brown duck canvas. The linen-cotton is a similar weight, slightly looser woven, and more slubby. To me, that combination of attributes makes them more of a casual trouser:



post #20969 of 24691
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

We are planning on new additions for next year. Do share your wish-list. Will get it started with items we are working on:

 

1. Blackwatch shirt :)

2. Summer wool: A hopsack in 100% wool. Perfect during the warmest days.

3. Linen-cotton canvas. We think it will be loved the most this summer. Available in 22 colors. Already available.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I'd like to add a grey and white striped dress shirt for <100$ similar to this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0e/ea/82/0eea820c66a0cdb46db219b723523da1.jpg

Also, I would like to see some more jacket and pants cloths from brands and well known mills like Caccioppoli, Harrisons of Edinburgh, Harrisons (Burley), Smith Woolens (Solaro), Ferla, ...

post #20970 of 24691
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post
 

yep, I imagine its more beneficial for luxire to focus on the high end fabrics but would love to see more selection in the <$100 shirt range.  Also more darker colours.

 

Happy holidays luxire, have an even bigger better 2016


Thank you and wish you the same.

 

We are happier being in that affordable <$100 range. High end fabrics are offered and selection widened primarily because they are requested so often.

 

 

Do share more info on the darker colors. What kind of colors and what kind of usage so that we can get the right fabrics.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread