or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 140

post #2086 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrolls View Post

 

I just took the chest, shoulder and yoke measurements for my last two shirts and they're all almost dead on. I can't believe increasing chest, shoulder, yoke and shoulder slope tightens up my shoulders and armpits as much as it does. Weird...

 

Have you checked the measurements on the other shirt (the one with the fit issues)? They sometimes make mistakes and measurements may be off. Not saying that they are, just worth checking out.

post #2087 of 12449

like the white shirts .....it really seem cool to wear

post #2088 of 12449

like the white shirts .....it really seem cool to wear

post #2089 of 12449

Got my load of shirts from Luxire today. Unfortunately they had missed the fact that I ordered 2X sky blue oxford, so I got a total of 5 shirts from them. After an email to Luxire they assured me they will handle this in a good way, as I've paid for 6 shirts.

 

I haven't properly checked measurements for consistency, but I assume that is in order. If not, I will write a new post here after use.

 

A second small issue is that the warzone white oxford I ordered came with flat, dull plastic buttons instead of the nice MOP buttons they normally ship with. 

 

Other than that, quick turnaround on the production, expedient shipping and quality (apart from the button issue) good as always. (esp. at this pricepoint)

 

Measurements were adjusted by reducing the sleeve by 0.5" and taking away the back pleat. It's still not 100%, but good enough for me to order several shirts in in one order.

 

As I've probably mentioned my oxford shirts go under a sweater most of the time, and I feel I've got a decent relaxed fit on them now.

post #2090 of 12449
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra View Post

Got my load of shirts from Luxire today. Unfortunately they had missed the fact that I ordered 2X sky blue oxford, so I got a total of 5 shirts from them. After an email to Luxire they assured me they will handle this in a good way, as I've paid for 6 shirts.

 

I haven't properly checked measurements for consistency, but I assume that is in order. If not, I will write a new post here after use.

 

A second small issue is that the warzone white oxford I ordered came with flat, dull plastic buttons instead of the nice MOP buttons they normally ship with. 

 

Other than that, quick turnaround on the production, expedient shipping and quality (apart from the button issue) good as always. (esp. at this pricepoint)

 

Measurements were adjusted by reducing the sleeve by 0.5" and taking away the back pleat. It's still not 100%, but good enough for me to order several shirts in in one order.

 

As I've probably mentioned my oxford shirts go under a sweater most of the time, and I feel I've got a decent relaxed fit on them now.

 

Plastic! Have we been accused(falsely) of anything worst?

 

The buttons are not plastic, they are white shell. We bought them thinking they would go well with white shirts. The good news is that they are over now.

 

The new white buttons will not give the illusion of being precious plastic.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtra View Post

 

good as always. (esp. at this pricepoint)

 

 

I think, and would love to be corrected with facts, our shirts are good in comparison with shirts at any price-point, atleast in workmanship. Our oxfords are as good as any and some of our fabrics would compete with the best.

 

If that is not the case, please educate, we will make sure that becomes the case.

post #2091 of 12449

Sorry about that Luxire, the "plastic" part is all on me and my ignorance. shog[1].gif

 

They just resemble cheaper plastic ones, but they clearly aren't that, that was just me jumping to conclusions.

 

As to my point of your shirts being good at this pricepoint, it's just because I haven't tried a lot of different oxford shirts and thus can't say anything generally about the quality.

 

Your shirts are in my opinion a lot better than Polo Ralph Lauren ones, which in Norway retail at about 175$ each, so they represent excellent value. If I had tried other brands I could probably be more general in my statement, but right now I can't. And I don't see myself purchasing shirts from any other place in the near future. smile.gif

post #2092 of 12449
Getting a pair of jeans and a couple of shirts later today, hopefully. Kind of a slow order this time (initial order feb 22) – but I imagine that's mostly to do with the jeans. Will see if i can take some pics.
post #2093 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra View Post

 

Have you checked the measurements on the other shirt (the one with the fit issues)? They sometimes make mistakes and measurements may be off. Not saying that they are, just worth checking out.

 

Yeah, that's what I meant. I took the measurements of the last two shirts I got (one before the shoulder slope increase and one after) and the measurements are almost dead on what they're supposed to be so I guess it has to be the shoulder slope that tightens up the armpit area so much. Would love an explanation though.

post #2094 of 12449
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra View Post

Sorry about that Luxire, the "plastic" part is all on me and my ignorance. shog[1].gif

 

They just resemble cheaper plastic ones, but they clearly aren't that, that was just me jumping to conclusions.

 

As to my point of your shirts being good at this pricepoint, it's just because I haven't tried a lot of different oxford shirts and thus can't say anything generally about the quality.

 

Your shirts are in my opinion a lot better than Polo Ralph Lauren ones, which in Norway retail at about 175$ each, so they represent excellent value. If I had tried other brands I could probably be more general in my statement, but right now I can't. And I don't see myself purchasing shirts from any other place in the near future. smile.gif

 

Absolutely no reason for a sorry. I later realized that the new off-white buttons are so good that these simply pale in comparison.

 

We will give you no reason to change your mind on the last statement.

post #2095 of 12449
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrolls View Post

 

Yeah, that's what I meant. I took the measurements of the last two shirts I got (one before the shoulder slope increase and one after) and the measurements are almost dead on what they're supposed to be so I guess it has to be the shoulder slope that tightens up the armpit area so much. Would love an explanation though.

 

 

Will try and explain: When the shoulder is lowered, the slope of the line MN increases. What that does is that with it the slope if the square RACS also increases. The armhole size remains unchanged but, the armpit point is lower due to the increase in shoulder slope.

 

The effects you experienced above should not have happened. If you could PM me images of the fit of the 2 shirts, we can possibly discuss and arrive at the reason and possible changes.

post #2096 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

 

 

Will try and explain: When the shoulder is lowered, the slope of the line MN increases. What that does is that with it the slope if the square RACS also increases. The armhole size remains unchanged but, the armpit point is lower due to the increase in shoulder slope.

 

The effects you experienced above should not have happened. If you could PM me images of the fit of the 2 shirts, we can possibly discuss and arrive at the reason and possible changes.

This is why I've been hesitant to tweak the slope measurement taken from my original sample shirt. I don't really understand the effects that could result from a tweak to that. The issue of Yoke change came up in the debate over center block vents vs side vents.   

post #2097 of 12449
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewmoss View Post

This is why I've been hesitant to tweak the slope measurement taken from my original sample shirt. I don't really understand the effects that could result from a tweak to that. The issue of Yoke change came up in the debate over center block vents vs side vents.   


This is a part of the process of getting a well fitting shirt.

 

If some change does not work, it is best to review it and improve upon.

 

I see it as an investment. After a few such cycles, one can have shirts that fit perfectly, that are comfortable and that look good.

 

Over a period of time, the investment will pay monetary dividends too as one will not end up with clothes that sit at the back of the closet and all shirts would participate in the rotation.

 

Plus, the joy of being well dressed, which is priceless.

post #2098 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

 

Will try and explain: When the shoulder is lowered, the slope of the line MN increases. What that does is that with it the slope if the square RACS also increases. The armhole size remains unchanged but, the armpit point is lower due to the increase in shoulder slope.

 

The effects you experienced above should not have happened. If you could PM me images of the fit of the 2 shirts, we can possibly discuss and arrive at the reason and possible changes.

 

Thanks. I'll get a PM to you in the next day or two.

post #2099 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

 

Plastic! Have we been accused(falsely) of anything worst?

 

The buttons are not plastic, they are white shell. We bought them thinking they would go well with white shirts. The good news is that they are over now.

 

The new white buttons will not give the illusion of being precious plastic.

 

 

I think, and would love to be corrected with facts, our shirts are good in comparison with shirts at any price-point, atleast in workmanship. Our oxfords are as good as any and some of our fabrics would compete with the best.

 

If that is not the case, please educate, we will make sure that becomes the case.

"The buttons are not plastic, they are white shell. We bought them thinking they would go well with white shirts. The good news is that they are over now."

 

It'sprobably a good thing you're switching to the MOPs. I have the same buttons on my white oxford and blue broadcloth and both had the collar button crack/break already after no more than 2 dry cleanings. Both were replaced with the spares. The shell might be too brittle??

post #2100 of 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post


This is a part of the process of getting a well fitting shirt.

 

If some change does not work, it is best to review it and improve upon.

 

I see it as an investment. After a few such cycles, one can have shirts that fit perfectly, that are comfortable and that look good.

 

Over a period of time, the investment will pay monetary dividends too as one will not end up with clothes that sit at the back of the closet and all shirts would participate in the rotation.

 

Plus, the joy of being well dressed, which is priceless.

I agree completely. I'm really embarrassed to admit how many shirts and more so trousers, I have that are ill fitting despite being relatively expensive (for OTR). The slop measurement I've been using is a 1.25 with an 18.5 (i have a wide back/shoulders) yoke taken from my first sample shirt. It seems to be okay, although I've thought about tweaking slightly to see what effect it has, I've been reluctant to do so. Despite instruction from Theresa, I have not been able to duplicate that 1.25 slope measure on the sample shirt nor any others...which means I don't understand what might happen if it's changed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread