or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1384

post #20746 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I think they keep all previous orders on file, so you could always roll back to the old pattern.
I can't figure out which order number my best fitting one is
post #20747 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post

I can't figure out which order number my best fitting one is

I have a list that I keep of all my Luxire orders and I make notes on which ones are my best fits.
post #20748 of 24708

Same here.  I have a spreadsheet with past orders and adjustments made so I can reference them for future orders.  With too many variations of shirts (dress and casual) and trousers (jeans and dress) and thickness of fabric (15oz to 9 oz), it's the only way I can keep track. 
 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


I have a list that I keep of all my Luxire orders and I make notes on which ones are my best fits.
post #20749 of 24708
Thread Starter 

People who have bought the Luxire White Poplin 100/2, would like to know your thoughts on the fabric.

 

Based on the feedback so far,  its whiteness and softness are being really liked. Does wrinkle a bit but irons out easily and looks presentable even during the end of the day.

 

We are getting it made in light blue as well. Depending on the feedback, we will consider more colors to make it into.

 

Do let us know what colors you would like as well.

post #20750 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post


Good advice. I had a good fit with luxire. I screwed with it so much I had to go back and resend a shirt to copy again.shog[1].gif
 
Yeah I just have to recognize that a bit extra fabric in the lower back or whatever is acceptable. No shirt will ever fit perfectly 100?% of the time.
 
As far as casual and formal goes, I get mine made basically the same way, just differences in collar size / collar and fusings. I don't see any reason to change it, I suppose, regardless of fabric.
post #20751 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanc View Post

I have the mid grey flannel. It has great weight to it, but it is extremely warm and probably only truly wearable if you spend a decent amount of time walking outdoors, and if you are in a colder climate. I'm in Canada, and I haven't been able to wear it yet and will likely only have a few chances throughout the winter. If you have good air conditioning at your office, then these could work, but I have found them a bit warm when indoors. If you do get them, I would say half lined is the way to go, it'll stop any itchiness on the thighs without being as warm as the fully lined option. 

These looks great, so should I get them front lined to knee? or to bottom?
post #20752 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

People who have bought the Luxire White Poplin 100/2, would like to know your thoughts on the fabric.

 

Based on the feedback so far,  its whiteness and softness are being really liked. Does wrinkle a bit but irons out easily and looks presentable even during the end of the day.

 

We are getting it made in light blue as well. Depending on the feedback, we will consider more colors to make it into.

 

Do let us know what colors you would like as well.

 

I own this fabric. In fact the sample photos on Luxire are of my actual shirt from a recent order LoL.

 

Pros: Soft, Irons Easily, Resilient,

 

Cons: Wrinkles Easily, Thin

 

Overall: It would make a good dress shirt for the summer months if only worn underneath a sportcoat all day.

post #20753 of 24708

@LoKey: I haven't ordered any jeans yet, but I'm thinking about it.  I was wondering what kind of fit differences have you asked in relation to say a pair of chinos.  I realize that some of these are going to be style-related (types of pockets and closure, buttons, etc.).  I'm more interested in hearing about actual fit.  Do you request something with a little bit of a tighter fit, for example?  I'm a bit worried taht if I just use my chino measurements I'll end up with something that looks like mom jeans.

post #20754 of 24708

I would go off of existing jeans as a foundation for measurements then make adjustments based on that.  I definitely reduced several measurements (e.g. waist, hip) relative to other trousers because of how denim stretches .  I also like my jeans to stack so the length was longer too.  

post #20755 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

I own this fabric. In fact the sample photos on Luxire are of my actual shirt from a recent order LoL.

Pros: Soft, Irons Easily, Resilient,

Cons: Wrinkles Easily, Thin

Overall: It would make a good dress shirt for the summer months if only worn underneath a sportcoat all day.

What's another choice for a white shirt that doesn't wrinkle as easily and isn't thin? Oxford I guess?
post #20756 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1up View Post


What's another choice for a white shirt that doesn't wrinkle as easily and isn't thin? Oxford I guess?

Pinpoint, I'd imagine.

post #20757 of 24708

@luxire do you have any dark red/wine red/bordaux or chocolate or dark brown chino fabrics available?

 

Or does anyone here already has such trousers, then I'd be very happy about pictures and fabric recommendations.

post #20758 of 24708
I have the same. Wife accidentally put it in the drier.... it's a bit of a shrinker. It's not 'unwearable' now, but next order I'll def be making armholes bigger in case this happens again.
post #20759 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1up View Post


What's another choice for a white shirt that doesn't wrinkle as easily and isn't thin? Oxford I guess?

 

Twill

post #20760 of 24708
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1up View Post

What's another choice for a white shirt that doesn't wrinkle as easily and isn't thin? Oxford I guess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

Twill

Twill. Royal Oxford.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread