If it works out, I will get a lot of pants made :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- . Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:39 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 139post #2071 of 253774/7/13 at 9:37ampost #2072 of 253774/7/13 at 11:22amQuote:
Yeah, it is an investment in time to do it that way but the results speak for themselves.
So far, I'd actually say they are even better at producing the trousers than they are at the shirts. However, time will tell how well the construction holds up...that still remains to be seen. I've had cheap off the rack pants that have held up over time and much abuse, but they don't fit nearly as well. We'll see I guess...post #2073 of 253774/7/13 at 11:23ampost #2074 of 253774/7/13 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by timotune
Just ordered my first Chino from Luxire.
I went for the copper-chino fabric, just couldn't get myself to get a more expensive fabric for my "trial-pants".
I made a spreadsheet with measuerements of four of my pants and took the average measurements (plus some minor alterations, of course). Also sent them a bunch of pictures with my detailed wishes...
Hope I do not annoy Luxire too much ;-)
I do not think you can annoy them too much. I have been working with Theresa over the last few weeks and have had dozens of back and forth PM and e-mails to get a chino, a shirt and 2 light weight wool over coats done. Her customer service is amazing. I need to send another tonight or tomorrow to get some details to her about a chambray pair of shorts with side adjusters I want made.post #2075 of 253774/8/13 at 4:28ampost #2076 of 253774/8/13 at 4:48amThread StarterQuote:
The default are genuine horn, included in the price. If you would like plastic, we have that too and are included.
If you would like something else or a special style, we would charge extra, depending on what you request.post #2077 of 253774/8/13 at 8:13amQuote:
So the horn buttons are standard in dress pants? What about chinos/twill/khaki's? I would guess it's only on the dress pants above a certain price level for that to be true.post #2078 of 253774/8/13 at 8:24amThread StarterQuote:
We do not compromise on quality. It is always the best known/available to us.
Horn buttons are standard on all Pants and Mother of pearl on all shirts.
The only exception we make is when something else suits the garment better, like coconut buttons on some casual shirts.post #2079 of 253774/8/13 at 2:33pmpost #2080 of 253774/8/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
Here: http://luxire.com/pages/contact-us, use this form or the email provided below that. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Probably picking up my Luxire shirts tomorrow, if the ETA is correct. I will post here when I get them.post #2081 of 253774/8/13 at 2:58pmpost #2082 of 253774/8/13 at 3:28pmpost #2083 of 253774/8/13 at 5:20pm
Can you explain exactly what effect increasing the shoulder slope on a shirt has? You recommended I increase the shoulder slope to get rid of diagonal lines on my shoulders and even though it worked, this shirt fits much worse than my previous one. The only changes I made on this most recent shirt were increasing the chest, yoke and armhole widths slightly (and then increasing the shoulder slope), but this shirt is way tighter than my last one in the shoulder and armpit area. I can barely touch my left hand to my right shoulder (and vice versa) because it's so tight in this area. Is this to be expected from increasing shoulder slope or could the measurements have been mistaken? Not pissed off as I appreciate your input to fix the diagonal lines (and your recommendation did work); I just want to understand how shoulder slope changes the shirt so I can get the next one dead on. Thanks!post #2084 of 253774/8/13 at 6:33pmpost #2085 of 253774/8/13 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by scrolls
Can you explain exactly what effect increasing the shoulder slope on a shirt has? You recommended I increase the shoulder slope to get rid of diagonal lines on my shoulders and even though it worked, this shirt fits much worse than my previous one. The only changes I made on this most recent shirt were increasing the chest, yoke and armhole widths slightly (and then increasing the shoulder slope), but this shirt is way tighter than my last one in the shoulder and armpit area. I can barely touch my left hand to my right shoulder (and vice versa) because it's so tight in this area. Is this to be expected from increasing shoulder slope or could the measurements have been mistaken? Not pissed off as I appreciate your input to fix the diagonal lines (and your recommendation did work); I just want to understand how shoulder slope changes the shirt so I can get the next one dead on. Thanks!
I just took the chest, shoulder and yoke measurements for my last two shirts and they're all almost dead on. I can't believe increasing chest, shoulder, yoke and shoulder slope tightens up my shoulders and armpits as much as it does. Weird...
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › NIKE Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 59 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 6 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...