If it works out, I will get a lot of pants made :-)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 3/28/13 at 12:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt, megacowl shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:21 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 139post #2071 of 169884/7/13 at 9:37am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2072 of 169884/7/13 at 11:22amQuote:
Yeah, it is an investment in time to do it that way but the results speak for themselves.
So far, I'd actually say they are even better at producing the trousers than they are at the shirts. However, time will tell how well the construction holds up...that still remains to be seen. I've had cheap off the rack pants that have held up over time and much abuse, but they don't fit nearly as well. We'll see I guess...post #2073 of 169884/7/13 at 11:23ampost #2074 of 169884/7/13 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by timotune
Just ordered my first Chino from Luxire.
I went for the copper-chino fabric, just couldn't get myself to get a more expensive fabric for my "trial-pants".
I made a spreadsheet with measuerements of four of my pants and took the average measurements (plus some minor alterations, of course). Also sent them a bunch of pictures with my detailed wishes...
Hope I do not annoy Luxire too much ;-)
I do not think you can annoy them too much. I have been working with Theresa over the last few weeks and have had dozens of back and forth PM and e-mails to get a chino, a shirt and 2 light weight wool over coats done. Her customer service is amazing. I need to send another tonight or tomorrow to get some details to her about a chambray pair of shorts with side adjusters I want made.post #2075 of 169884/8/13 at 4:28ampost #2076 of 169884/8/13 at 4:48amThread StarterQuote:
The default are genuine horn, included in the price. If you would like plastic, we have that too and are included.
If you would like something else or a special style, we would charge extra, depending on what you request.post #2077 of 169884/8/13 at 8:13amQuote:
So the horn buttons are standard in dress pants? What about chinos/twill/khaki's? I would guess it's only on the dress pants above a certain price level for that to be true.post #2078 of 169884/8/13 at 8:24amThread StarterQuote:
We do not compromise on quality. It is always the best known/available to us.
Horn buttons are standard on all Pants and Mother of pearl on all shirts.
The only exception we make is when something else suits the garment better, like coconut buttons on some casual shirts.post #2079 of 169884/8/13 at 2:33pmpost #2080 of 169884/8/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
Here: http://luxire.com/pages/contact-us, use this form or the email provided below that. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Probably picking up my Luxire shirts tomorrow, if the ETA is correct. I will post here when I get them.post #2081 of 169884/8/13 at 2:58pmpost #2082 of 169884/8/13 at 3:28pmpost #2083 of 169884/8/13 at 5:20pm
Can you explain exactly what effect increasing the shoulder slope on a shirt has? You recommended I increase the shoulder slope to get rid of diagonal lines on my shoulders and even though it worked, this shirt fits much worse than my previous one. The only changes I made on this most recent shirt were increasing the chest, yoke and armhole widths slightly (and then increasing the shoulder slope), but this shirt is way tighter than my last one in the shoulder and armpit area. I can barely touch my left hand to my right shoulder (and vice versa) because it's so tight in this area. Is this to be expected from increasing shoulder slope or could the measurements have been mistaken? Not pissed off as I appreciate your input to fix the diagonal lines (and your recommendation did work); I just want to understand how shoulder slope changes the shirt so I can get the next one dead on. Thanks!post #2084 of 169884/8/13 at 6:33pmpost #2085 of 169884/8/13 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by scrolls
Can you explain exactly what effect increasing the shoulder slope on a shirt has? You recommended I increase the shoulder slope to get rid of diagonal lines on my shoulders and even though it worked, this shirt fits much worse than my previous one. The only changes I made on this most recent shirt were increasing the chest, yoke and armhole widths slightly (and then increasing the shoulder slope), but this shirt is way tighter than my last one in the shoulder and armpit area. I can barely touch my left hand to my right shoulder (and vice versa) because it's so tight in this area. Is this to be expected from increasing shoulder slope or could the measurements have been mistaken? Not pissed off as I appreciate your input to fix the diagonal lines (and your recommendation did work); I just want to understand how shoulder slope changes the shirt so I can get the next one dead on. Thanks!
I just took the chest, shoulder and yoke measurements for my last two shirts and they're all almost dead on. I can't believe increasing chest, shoulder, yoke and shoulder slope tightens up my shoulders and armpits as much as it does. Weird...
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › POWERFUL LOST LOVE SPELL AND PSYCHIC SPELL VOODOO SPELL CALL... 2 minutes ago
- › TRADITIONAL HEALER WITH DISTANCE HEALING POWERS +27731356845 MAMA... 3 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 3 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › PERFECT LOST LOVE SPELL CASTER WITH 100% GUARANTEED RESULTS |... 4 minutes ago
- › Newcastle United vs Swansea City Live Streaming Soccer Watch Online... 5 minutes ago
- › MAMA JAFALI# LOVE SPELL,MONEY SPELL,VOODOO SPELL,MARRIAGE... 5 minutes ago
- › South Africa +27731356845 Effective & Approved Lost Love Spell... 7 minutes ago
- › Powerful Love,Marriage Spells Top Traditional Herbalist... 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...