Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 10/21/16 at 10:56am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1359post #20372 of 2398011/2/15 at 7:54ampost #20373 of 2398011/2/15 at 8:28amQuote:
You're out of control, man.
I am actually considering one of the richer plaids in this book for the first fully-lined A/W CruzCoat, though. Leaning towards this one:Quote:
If I recall Campore was put up as a more affordable alternative to the big-name brands like Holland & Sherry and I'd say it succeeds. I don't know if H&S is nicer but it can't be $150/pant nicer.Quote:
Nicely, and yes. It feels a bit like a flannel; I get the sense that in terms of warmth it punches above its weight.post #20374 of 2398011/2/15 at 8:55am^ those Campore trousers you posted look great Cruz. And they're $150 less than H&S? I bought a pair of brown herringbone H&S last year and they're really great, but i didn't realize the price difference for these new lighter weight tweeds was so different. Next pant purchase will definitely be one of these.
Also, would it be too crazy to get a completely unstructured tweed jacket in one of these Campore fabrics?post #20375 of 2398011/2/15 at 9:58ampost #20376 of 2398011/2/15 at 11:16ampost #20377 of 2398011/2/15 at 11:23ampost #20378 of 2398011/2/15 at 11:43amQuote:
Yes. A picture is worth a thousand words: just below the collar (vertical) on the split-yoke-seam (horizontal). From there I measured straight to the shoulder seam, and from there to the end of the sleeve. Does this help?post #20379 of 2398011/2/15 at 12:34pmQuote:
I'm having a jacket made up in that fabric once my current suit is finished. Fabric looks amazing!post #20380 of 2398011/2/15 at 1:36pmpost #20381 of 2398011/2/15 at 5:26pmHi Guys!
I recently ordered my first pair of pants using a mix of measurements from other well fitting pants, and I'm assuming there are a bunch of fixes/changes that could be done to improve the fit. For what it's worth, I have an athletic build with large thighs, but have a small shoe size (8.0-8.5) so it has been difficult to find pants with enough room in the thighs that have a decent taper down to the ankle with very little/ no break, which is the look I was going for here.
Any feedback or recommended adjustments on how to improve the fit, it would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a few pictures as well. Thanks!post #20382 of 2398011/2/15 at 5:54pm
Fit looks fairly good. A few observations:
1. Loose fabric below the buttock can be fixed by asking them to slightly scoop out the seat.
2. The looks like you have a slight wedgie; fix by adding a little to the back rise at the crotch and maybe lowering the inseam a little
3. Also, there seems to be some pulling from your calves that is messing with the front crease. I'm not sure how this could be fixed. I know you want a narrow leg opening. Maybe increasing the knee and or thigh slightly?
I'm not confident enough to give you amounts, but if you send these picture to Luxire, they will certainly give you some very helpful input. The tweaks that they have provided me with have been great. For the first time ever, I am wearing well-fitting pants that don't pinch, pull or bunch somewhere or another. It is quite an amazing feeling.post #20383 of 2398011/2/15 at 7:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
^ those Campore trousers you posted look great Cruz. And they're $150 less than H&S? I bought a pair of brown herringbone H&S last year and they're really great, but i didn't realize the price difference for these new lighter weight tweeds was so different. Next pant purchase will definitely be one of these.
I can't be certain my numbers are current, but when I ordered these a few weeks back, the Campore were $200 and the H&S $350. Decision made.Quote:
Only if you want it to wear like a sweater. It's light weight and soft. I think I would go with at least a full lining and some structure in the shoulders and chest.post #20384 of 2398011/2/15 at 10:08pmpost #20385 of 2398011/2/15 at 10:37pmDamn. Glad I checked the thread. I just send them an email requesting a quote for a H&S jacket.
I would like some classic SF advice, however. I don't have a jacket that fits particularly well. I'm generally a 38s and I'm looking for some of the same types of cloths and styles available at Drakes... soft rounded shoulder with a higher gorge and wider lapel, patch pocket, but would like some additional details like a more rounded patch pocket, maybe a barchetta, and some nicer buttonholes than the regular (milanese?), but I'm not able to send them in a jacket.
I assume a 'practise jacket' is the most idea choice in this situation... though I don't see this as an option on their site...
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › Bespoke shoes in UK - a more affordable option? 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 19 minutes ago
- › Belstaff "Stoneham" Jacket Size 50 Brand New with Tags!! 28 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 39 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...