or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 1351

post #20251 of 24649

I am looking for a recommendation for a shirt fabric available on Luxire with the following characteristics.

 

Color: Blue, Purple/lavender, Pink

 

Handle: Very soft

 

Transparency: Opaque

 

Drape: Reasonably wrinkle resistant

 

Durability: Good. Can last many washes with corner laundry.

post #20252 of 24649
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post
 

 

Details sir?

From left to right:

 

  • Forest Green on White University Stripes,
  • Sky Blue oxford
  • Red University Stripes Oxford
  • Pale Blue end-on-end, thin MOP buttons

 

First three have the B&B collar. For the dress shirt collar, in the future I'll probably get a stiffer fusing. I'm not a huge fan of the "tweener" fusings, I've decided. Also I'll probably get longer points and greater spread. Small changes, but overall very pleased with my purchase.

post #20253 of 24649
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaeagle View Post

From left to right:
  • Forest Green on White University Stripes,
  • Sky Blue oxford
  • Red University Stripes Oxford
  • Pale Blue end-on-end, thin MOP buttons

First three have the B&B collar. For the dress shirt collar, in the future I'll probably get a stiffer fusing. I'm not a huge fan of the "tweener" fusings, I've decided. Also I'll probably get longer points and greater spread. Small changes, but overall very pleased with my purchase.

Thanks man. I have the Sky Blue Oxford also with the B&B collar and honestly it's almost unwearable with a tie for me personally for the same reasons you stated.
post #20254 of 24649
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post


Thanks man. I have the Sky Blue Oxford also with the B&B collar and honestly it's almost unwearable with a tie for me personally for the same reasons you stated.

 

Why is that? I haven't personally tried to wear it with a tie, but I don't see why it wouldn't work in a more casual, preppy look. I was referring to the dress shirt collar, not the oxford collars. I don't think oxford collars should be that stiff.

 

Now, if you want a stiff button-down collar for a more Italian look, then yeah there are better options. There are a few good options on the spreadsheet, if memory serves, that would suit that purpose. However, I can't see that working for an oxford cloth fabric nearly as well as the B&B collar.

post #20255 of 24649
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaeagle View Post
 

 

Why is that? I haven't personally tried to wear it with a tie, but I don't see why it wouldn't work in a more casual, preppy look. I was referring to the dress shirt collar, not the oxford collars. I don't think oxford collars should be that stiff.

 

Now, if you want a stiff button-down collar for a more Italian look, then yeah there are better options. There are a few good options on the spreadsheet, if memory serves, that would suit that purpose. However, I can't see that working for an oxford cloth fabric nearly as well as the B&B collar.

 

I ordered the B&B collar during my first iteration of collars. I found that paring that collar specifically with the Sky Blue Oxford led to a collar that was too casual for how I like wear OCBD w/ ties. I have since stuck with Timo BD V2 collar for BDs which has long enough collar points to hid under a sportcoat, has a nice collar point roll, but is just stiff enough to prevent overall collar wrinkle.

 

Sidenote: My 4th order of Lux shirts arrived at the office today. Two of the shirts are Timo BD V2 and the other is NOBDII. Pics coming soon. 

post #20256 of 24649

There was a spreadsheet knocking about a while back with all the SF Luxire collar styles on - is that still around somewhere?

post #20257 of 24649
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
 

There was a spreadsheet knocking about a while back with all the SF Luxire collar styles on - is that still around somewhere?

 

You can find it in the signature every time Luxire or Luxire Studio posts.

post #20258 of 24649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

I have it.  very similar to the maroon stripe one in that it is very soft and doesn't seem to wrinkle.

Would you recommend it for semi-formal office wear?
post #20259 of 24649

Thanks, didn't see that.

post #20260 of 24649
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddahman View Post


Would you recommend it for semi-formal office wear?

I do but that's subjective.  It is an Oxford weave.  Got mine with the NOBD Collar and wear with tie all the time.

post #20261 of 24649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

I do but that's subjective.  It is an Oxford weave.  Got mine with the NOBD Collar and wear with tie all the time.

Thanks. This is my sky blue oxford with NOBD collar. Not sure if it is too informal or not for office wear.

0746EFF9-E133-4CE6-BB90-A93E7E9F87D2.jpg

Do you think the university stripes material is similar in thickness and informality?
post #20262 of 24649

Looks good to me.  I don't have the Sky Blue but expect it is in the same weight range

post #20263 of 24649
A couple more questions if anyone can help. Are the wool flannel trousers a light, mid or dark grey in real life? I already have some in dark grey and want to avoid a duplicate I won't wear. Otherwise I'm tempted to go with the wool rich grey. Those seem lighter than the wool flannel...right?

Also, does anyone recommend the business pale blue end on end?
post #20264 of 24649
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaeagle View Post
 

By the way, only just now uploading this. A recent order I placed. I highly recommend the green stripe, it's a very soft oxford that's extremely comfortable and not too heavily. Probably my new favorite shirt. And, of course, the color is just damn versatile.

 

 

Is it softness comparable to the Sky Blue Oxford (Brembana, $69.99 one)? Recent batches (September) of that fabric are incredibly soft. Has the same thing happened to Classic Blue, I wonder?

post #20265 of 24649

Hey guys noob here, I'm looking to buy a white dress shirt and maybe an oxford cloth button down and was looking at cotton work but I saw this thread and some of the products look cheaper. Anyone order from both or have any comparisons between the two?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread