or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 123

post #1831 of 9642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurious View Post

I've tried to find it on here or the website, but couldnt locate it.
I am looking for fabric swatches.
Is there a possibility to order them?
I am interested in ordering a few shirts, but want to check out fabrics first. 

 

Yup, fabric swatches are $1 per swatch, you can get as many as you want. Just email Luxire and they'll take care of you.

post #1832 of 9642

Looks like the shirt I ordered,

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/745463/

I can't wait to see how it fits.

post #1833 of 9642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurious View Post

I've tried to find it on here or the website, but couldnt locate it.
I am looking for fabric swatches.
Is there a possibility to order them?
I am interested in ordering a few shirts, but want to check out fabrics first.


Another minor question (ignore the shirt fabric), is it possible to add a monogramm at this spot?

I do not see why that would be an issue. Theresa is great about making sure details or noted and done to the customers request.
post #1834 of 9642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post

Given the (understandable) extra time trousers are presently taking to get made, would it be possible to send in a pair for copying, have yall take whatever measurements you need, and then return the sent-in pair some (significant) time before the luxire-made trousers are ready? I know this would likely require the customer paying an extra shipping charge, but I'm not overly concerned with this.

Thanks


Yes, the measurements pant can be sent back within a week of receiving or even faster. Shipping would be required to be paid.

post #1835 of 9642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcHulsebosch View Post

The pants I ordered recently were, apart from measuring errors, very good so I'm looking for something new to order. Unfortunately the pants section doesn't have a sorting feature like the shirt section has. Could you add that so fabrics are easier to find?

In the meantime I've found this fabric and I'm having trouble determining the exact color: it seems to  be a bit off white, however it's hard to judge by the picture. Could you post a better picture and elaborate on whether you'd be able you see through this (some white summer pants reveal a bit too much and since I can't try this on I'd like to prevent that).

Thanks in advance!


The twill is slightly off-white and a good weight. Certainly not see through, even if standing in front of a hundred halogens. A highly recommended fabric. Will add a better photograph and update.

post #1836 of 9642
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post

luxire, could you explain how (if there is any) requesting darting at the back effects the measurements given.

 

thx.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

 

 

 

By default, the front and back panels have the same width at the waist. When darts are added, the back part is reduced by 1.5 to 2.0 inches at the narrowest part and increases gradually on both sides till the ends of the dart.

 

Summary: Darts will decrease the width of the back panel of the shirt at the waist level.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

so how would requesting darts effect what measurements i give you ?

 

i would guess at giving separate front and back measurements for the waist and the bottom, but i would want to be sure that i am correct in this?

would i need to say hoe much material is darted?

 

a simple instruction would be best.

for reference the shirt i am measuring has darts.

 

thx.

post #1837 of 9642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post

 

 

so how would requesting darts effect what measurements i give you ?

 

i would guess at giving separate front and back measurements for the waist and the bottom, but i would want to be sure that i am correct in this?

would i need to say hoe much material is darted?

 

a simple instruction would be best.

for reference the shirt i am measuring has darts.

 

thx.

 

Separate front and back measurements would work well. You can give us the net measurements, that is the width after the dart has been added.

 

From the shirt you have, simply measure the back and add that measurement.

post #1838 of 9642
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

 

Separate front and back measurements would work well. You can give us the net measurements, that is the width after the dart has been added.

 

From the shirt you have, simply measure the back and add that measurement.

 

thankyou  i look forward to putting in and order soon.

 

any black oxford cloth?

post #1839 of 9642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post

 

thankyou  i look forward to putting in and order soon.

 

any black oxford cloth?


A lot of black options, but none are Oxford currently. Apologies.

post #1840 of 9642

thanks for the advice.

 

in the thread if i recall correctly, there has been different options mentioned for button down collar style in the context of OCBD.

 

could you give a quick concise guide to the options.  style name w/pic sort of thing.

 

thanks.

post #1841 of 9642
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post

thanks for the advice.

 

in the thread if i recall correctly, there has been different options mentioned for button down collar style in the context of OCBD.

 

could you give a quick concise guide to the options.  style name w/pic sort of thing.

 

thanks.

 

for example.  it may just be the image.  but are both the collars the same standard button down?

 

 

 

post #1842 of 9642

You can have them make the collar however you'd like, just email. Point size, lining, button placement, etc. I sent them a couple pictures of how I'd like it to roll when unbuttoned since I was buying a casual shirt for jeans.

post #1843 of 9642
Am I nuts for wanting to order 53 swatches (friend and I both want to see a lot of samples)?
post #1844 of 9642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurious View Post

Am I nuts for wanting to order 53 swatches (friend and I both want to see a lot of samples)?

 

I don't think so, but then again, I ordered about 30, so I might not be the voice of reason on the subject...

post #1845 of 9642
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSF View Post

 

I don't think so, but then again, I ordered about 30, so I might not be the voice of reason on the subject...

No, I tried ordering just as many but they weren't able to give me all of the ones I requested for some reason. Speaking of swatches, I've asked Theresa about getting swatches of the dugdale and minnis fabrics. That is a "no go" which is really too bad because some of the colors are hard to interpret from the internet pictures. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread