You got it. I'll have the text up in a few days' time, I'll share the link here once done.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- itemDolce & Gabbana - MOLESKINE JACKETtagged by bbob2013, 11/10/13
- categoryDress Pantstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryFull Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryJacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryMid Length Jacketstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryPants Shortstagged by luxire, 7/7/13
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens black shorts, t-shirt Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:47pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 8:57 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 122post #1816 of 188683/25/13 at 12:43pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1817 of 188683/25/13 at 1:00pmpost #1818 of 188683/25/13 at 2:38pmpost #1819 of 188683/25/13 at 3:14pmpost #1820 of 188683/25/13 at 3:24pm
The measurements listed http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0109/6372/files/Luxire_standard_size_chart.jpg?10557 seem to be different from the ones I need to use when ordering a shirt with custom measurements. I was going to order a shirt that's basically a Super Slim Fit, but with 0.5-1 inch reductions for most fields. The value for Chest Width on a Super Slim Fit 15" neck is 41.5", but the Custom Measurements Chest Width field goes from 15" to 35". Do I need to divide by two or something?post #1821 of 188683/25/13 at 4:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nicolai
The measurements listed http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0109/6372/files/Luxire_standard_size_chart.jpg?10557 seem to be different from the ones I need to use when ordering a shirt with custom measurements. I was going to order a shirt that's basically a Super Slim Fit, but with 0.5-1 inch reductions for most fields. The value for Chest Width on a Super Slim Fit 15" neck is 41.5", but the Custom Measurements Chest Width field goes from 15" to 35". Do I need to divide by two or something?
yespost #1822 of 188683/25/13 at 4:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by althanis
I just wanted to chime in with my experience. I ordered a shirt, and I'm mostly happy with it; the sleeves require a bit trimming, but otherwise everything was perfect.
Compared to Modern Tailor, which is the only other online MTM I've used, it was a much better experience here, and the prices and ability to customize everything at no extra cost is amazing. At MT, I had to pay extra for shell buttons, split yoke, and shipping.
So yeah, I'm happy and looking forward to ordering more in the future.
I really have no gripes with Luxire and have forwarded a few friends to them as well. I don't believe they've ordered yet but hopefully I'm eventually helping Luxire here. Not that they need it.
My shirt shipped in two weeks which is more than acceptable. I'd worry after a month but that's really it.
Luxire, is it like a three week wait for pants?post #1823 of 188683/25/13 at 5:29pmpost #1824 of 188683/25/13 at 7:21pmpost #1825 of 188683/25/13 at 7:33pmThread Starter
Yes, pants taking 2-4 weeks. Trying to make it faster.Quote:
By default, the front and back panels have the same width at the waist. When darts are added, the back part is reduced by 1.5 to 2.0 inches at the narrowest part and increases gradually on both sides till the ends of the dart.
Summary: Darts will decrease the width of the back panel of the shirt at the waist level.
Yes. Pinholes are made by hand and we charge $20 for the same.post #1826 of 188683/25/13 at 7:39pmThread Starterpost #1827 of 188683/26/13 at 2:40am
The pants I ordered recently were, apart from measuring errors, very good so I'm looking for something new to order. Unfortunately the pants section doesn't have a sorting feature like the shirt section has. Could you add that so fabrics are easier to find?
In the meantime I've found this fabric and I'm having trouble determining the exact color: it seems to be a bit off white, however it's hard to judge by the picture. Could you post a better picture and elaborate on whether you'd be able you see through this (some white summer pants reveal a bit too much and since I can't try this on I'd like to prevent that).
Thanks in advance!post #1828 of 188683/26/13 at 11:20amGiven the (understandable) extra time trousers are presently taking to get made, would it be possible to send in a pair for copying, have yall take whatever measurements you need, and then return the sent-in pair some (significant) time before the luxire-made trousers are ready? I know this would likely require the customer paying an extra shipping charge, but I'm not overly concerned with this.
Thankspost #1829 of 188683/26/13 at 12:09pm
Received my second pair of pants from Luxire today. Fit is nicer, a little low for dress pants but find for chinos. My request for fine cotton lining did not get glossed over. The lining on this pair, while unsure if it is shirting fabric as requested, is certainly of a nicer feel and quality than my previous pair.
The navy twill chino, and I assume by extension the other similar fabrics, are nice and thick. I'll make sure to update after some hard wear to see how the fabric holds up.post #1830 of 188683/26/13 at 3:00pmI've tried to find it on here or the website, but couldnt locate it.
I am looking for fabric swatches.
Is there a possibility to order them?
I am interested in ordering a few shirts, but want to check out fabrics first.
Another minor question (ignore the shirt fabric), is it possible to add a monogramm at this spot?
- Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Things that are pissing you off. 30 seconds ago
- › Ghurka Owners- What Do You Like or Dislike? 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Critique sport jacket fit 5 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...