or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 13

post #181 of 12715
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

I presume that the answer is yes as I don't think that I've seen you say no yet, but am I able to specify second button position? I've been looking to dump Modern Tailor for a while now and the reviews/photos are quite impressive.


Yes :) You can specify the second button position, we will place it exactly where you like it.

 

The reason we do not say no is because we do not have a fixed process for anything. There are no templates and no blocks. Everything is done from scratch, based on what has been ordered.

post #182 of 12715

Okay, I am a little bit in love with this place having read all the glowing reviews in this thread. It's definitely encouraged me to take the leap into my first MTM shirt but I'm still learning about fabrics. 

 

What would be the best fabric for that classic staple: the formal white business shirt with a non see through + crisp but breathable material?

post #183 of 12715
Luxire - quick tip: include photos of materials on actual shirts or with something that provides a reference point for size. I'm getting closer to making my first order and am interested in some of the plaid/tartans, but without some idea of the size of the pattern, I can't really decide. If there were pics of them in use with actual shirts, it would make it a lot easier! I bet I'm not the only one thinking this...
post #184 of 12715
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catpower View Post

Okay, I am a little bit in love with this place having read all the glowing reviews in this thread. It's definitely encouraged me to take the leap into my first MTM shirt but I'm still learning about fabrics. 

 

What would be the best fabric for that classic staple: the formal white business shirt with a non see through + crisp but breathable material?

 

MTM is certainly the way forward. Expensive and slow were the term associated with custom made clothing earlier. Both terms are no longer applicable. The Lustrous fine white would be recommended for a start.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Luxire - quick tip: include photos of materials on actual shirts or with something that provides a reference point for size. I'm getting closer to making my first order and am interested in some of the plaid/tartans, but without some idea of the size of the pattern, I can't really decide. If there were pics of them in use with actual shirts, it would make it a lot easier! I bet I'm not the only one thinking this...

 

You are certainly not the only one thinking about this as we think the same way too. We are taking photographs of shirts for the newer fabrics once they are made on order and adding to site.

 

We had started creating shirt images digitally with the fabric but could not do it for all fabrics.

 

Will get both these processes sped up for the stripes and checks to begin with.

 

In the interim, do email us about the ones for which you would like better info. Will send them across.

post #185 of 12715
You should have added a photo of my shirt to your website, once it was completed. I wouldn't have had a problem with that.
post #186 of 12715

Hey guys it's nearly summer in Australia and I am looking to get a: ocbd in the windowpane (red and blue) as a casual shirt from you guys.

The problem is none of my shirts are well fitting; also looking for a looser shirt as it is for casual wear and I am wondering how I would get 'true-body' measurements translated to the shirt?

post #187 of 12715

I just got the shipping confirmation for my first shirt, looking forward to it. I had a tight turnaround on my order and Luxire have delivered (or at least dispatched so far...)

 

I have a question... how is Luxire pronounced. It's a small thing but its bugging me that I can't figure it out.

post #188 of 12715
+1 biggrin.gif
post #189 of 12715
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRR View Post

I have a question... how is Luxire pronounced. It's a small thing but its bugging me that I can't figure it out.

 

We get to hear it in a lot of ways :) We pronounce it with the "Lux" from Luxury and "ire" from desire

post #190 of 12715
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Hey guys it's nearly summer in Australia and I am looking to get a: ocbd in the windowpane (red and blue) as a casual shirt from you guys.

The problem is none of my shirts are well fitting; also looking for a looser shirt as it is for casual wear and I am wondering how I would get 'true-body' measurements translated to the shirt?


If you can send us an email, I would send you instructions about taking and sending body measurements.We would then use those to derive your shirt measurement.

post #191 of 12715
I'd definitely love some more striped fabrics, especially in irregular stripes. Other than that, just plotting my first order!
post #192 of 12715
My shirt arrived today. Haven't tried it on yet. As I'm out the door pretty much now, won't get a chance to until I get back.
post #193 of 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post


If you can send us an email, I would send you instructions about taking and sending body measurements.We would then use those to derive your shirt measurement.

I'll take you up on that offer; though sadly it will have to be in the weekend or next week I'm away for work.

 

Thanks heaps guys!

post #194 of 12715
Thread Starter 
post #195 of 12715
Thought I'd post a pic of my Luxire shirt in action. Soft, unlined collar with no stays. If I put the stays in, it sharpens up, but I like this look.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread