or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 119

post #1771 of 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post


You don't say!

I did send my measurements right, it was their mistake completely in my case!

post #1772 of 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonus View Post

May i ask if you did anything special to get the fit right, as i am in the same crew when it comes to large, sloping shoulder/prominent traps and a large neck size.

just measured a shirt i liked, then adjusted the measurements. will be placing another shirt order and hopefully after that will have the fit dialed in. that shirt is at the tailor right now having the sleeves slimmed a little.
post #1773 of 11425
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungBaby07 View Post



WhIch trouser fabric would that be?

 

The Grey Wool Flannel

post #1774 of 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc82nyc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post


You don't say!

I did send my measurements right, it was their mistake completely in my case!

It's an online bespoke shop. Their website states clearly that if it is wrong, it's still your responsibility to pay shipping. Nothing more to say there, it's the risk you take.

I won't be going anywhere else for shirts in the foreseeable future. They're working on pants as well and when that's right, then they will be my vendor for posts as well.

It's better to settle this with them than whine on the forum. The lesson I learned the hard way. . You just end up on the low road.
post #1775 of 11425
Pants.

On my cell, sorry.

Another thing.. If it's their fault and you pay shipping, sure that's a pain. But remember they will redo a shirt that's not their fault at the same cost. That's pretty cool.

I've sent Theresa some pushy emails and she always makes me feel small by replying with top notch customer service responses.
post #1776 of 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post


It's an online bespoke shop. Their website states clearly that if it is wrong, it's still your responsibility to pay shipping. Nothing more to say there, it's the risk you take.

I won't be going anywhere else for shirts in the foreseeable future. They're working on pants as well and when that's right, then they will be my vendor for posts as well.

It's better to settle this with them than whine on the forum. The lesson I learned the hard way. . You just end up on the low road.

Well to me this just means not taking responsibility for their mistake.

post #1777 of 11425
They're remaking it for you, right? Not telling you to go somewhere else or pay for a new shirt? Better than Indochino from what I've heard.

Do this.. Order a new shirt with the right measurements.. Or with the fixes (+1in, -.5in, etc). If it's wrong, order a new one with more fixes. When it's finally right, ship the bad ones back for $20 total.

I have a shirt that's unwearable (my bad measurements) and I'm waiting on my next order to come in, which has a pair of pants. If they're wrong, I'll order a new pair. Once it's right, the shirt and pants are going back together.
post #1778 of 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc82nyc View Post

Well to me this just means not taking responsibility for their mistake.
Thats not accurate either though. Trust me, if they have to redo a shirt it is costing them time, money and opportunity cost. They want to avoid it just as much as we do. I agree with Jester about a certain amount risk one has to accept in the process. That being said, if there are consistent issues, theyneed to be discussed. There could be QC problem afoot...that's not good for anybody.
post #1779 of 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Do you like the small buttons on your BD collar?...
Some of my mop buttons are more iridescent than others, small or large. I think that's just the way it is w/ a natural material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

...Their website states clearly that if it is wrong, it's still your responsibility to pay shipping. Nothing more to say there, it's the risk you take.
...
This is key.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc82nyc View Post

Well to me this just means not taking responsibility for their mistake.
They stated their policy clearly. You bought a shirt, thus agreeing to their policy. You're making the mistake of not upholding your end of the bargain.

Chan and other well-regarded companies have the same policy. I had to send back a sport coat recently that had three mistakes. Someone else recently wrote on SF that they made him a pair of pants w/ the pleats going one way on one side and the other on the other side. He had to ship it back to them at his own expense.

No matter who's at fault, the customer pays for shipping the garment back to them. They cover the cost of the alterations and return shipping. It does suck when the mistake is not one's own. But that's the agreement one made. If you want a company to pay for shipping both ways, they'll have to increase the cost of all garments. There are always tradeoffs in life.
post #1780 of 11425
Theresa agreed, the small buttons were off at my shirt.
Not only they had a different color but also shape compared to the ones on the placket.
The replacement buttons that came with my second shirt were fine.

Am curious what my two shirt remakes will come with as I did not like the new buttons that were attached to my second order.
I am against thick buttons, they are a pain to button up, you can see them through sweaters and their looks are against the simplicity I am going for.
post #1781 of 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc82nyc View Post

I did send my measurements right, it was their mistake completely in my case!


I think you should PM them. They have never been anything but helpful to me.

 

Also have you washed the fabrics? Some shrink more then others and are adjusted for. There is also just a general margin of error in tailoring. 1/4" on each side, if I recall correctly for most places that have spoken to me.

post #1782 of 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

They're remaking it for you, right? Not telling you to go somewhere else or pay for a new shirt? Better than Indochino from what I've heard.

Do this.. Order a new shirt with the right measurements.. Or with the fixes (+1in, -.5in, etc). If it's wrong, order a new one with more fixes. When it's finally right, ship the bad ones back for $20 total.

I have a shirt that's unwearable (my bad measurements) and I'm waiting on my next order to come in, which has a pair of pants. If they're wrong, I'll order a new pair. Once it's right, the shirt and pants are going back together.

Well technically they're telling me to pay for a new shirt: the $50+ to ship the stuff back to india (i don't know where you got the $20 number, even with USPS that's what it costs to ship to India 3 shirts) is the price of a new shirt so...

post #1783 of 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post


I think you should PM them. They have never been anything but helpful to me.

 

Also have you washed the fabrics? Some shrink more then others and are adjusted for. There is also just a general margin of error in tailoring. 1/4" on each side, if I recall correctly for most places that have spoken to me.

Even without washing the collar is about 1/2 inch too small, I don't think it will get better with time...

post #1784 of 11425
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc82nyc View Post

Well technically they're telling me to pay for a new shirt: the $50+ to ship the stuff back to india (i don't know where you got the $20 number, even with USPS that's what it costs to ship to India 3 shirts) is the price of a new shirt so...

in the end, like emptym said in his post, the policy is stated on their website. if you're willing to buy from them, then it means you're agreeing to their policy. 

post #1785 of 11425
You should have ordered one at a time until you knew the template was right.

And their website says $20. I now see it says $20 per shirt. That's a bummer but it was stated.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread